Sunbeam Digital Pizza Bake & Grill BT7100

Sunbeam Digital Pizza Bake & Grill BT7100 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:36378848, 656555 and BT7100
Linda M
Linda M

We really like our Sunbeam oven but now the function knob won't move the digital display past the toast option. Is there likely to be a fix for this or do we need to buy a new one? It is about 3 years old so out of warranty.

Hi,

I have grease in between the outside glass and the inside glass, am I able to take these apart to clean?

Maz
Maz

Is it possible to turn down the volume of the beep as it is very loud. Thanks

Cali
Cali

Hello, my BT7100 oven has been fogging up the display with water condensation after each use and then eventually goes away. I've had the oven for a week using, roast, bake and pizza function. Also notice a wet patch on the bench the same side as the operating dials. Please advise - concerned it's going to stop working. It sits on my bench with plenty of space. Many thanks

Jules

Hi, I have just purchased this oven. The glass where the small LCD Display window is, fogs up with water condensation after each use and then eventually goes away. This obviously is concerning. Can you please advise me about this.

Phil

Yes, this happened to me as well.....then the unit stopped working all together. The oven was returned and replaced under warranty. The replacement oven has never suffered from this problem and works very well. I suggest you get ready for yours to fail, don't let it exceed the warranty period though. Good luck.

Jules

Thanks very much for your reply Phil!! Very much appreciated!! My concern is that I will go to all the effort to exchange it and then get another one that does exactly the same. You were very fortunate with your replacement. I hope Sunbeam will respond.

Jules

Could somebody from Sunbeam Customer Support please respond as to whether it is perfectly normal and ok for the fogging up of the glass where the small LCD Display window is, to occur EVERY time I use the oven regardless of what setting I use. So far I have only cooked things that are in oven bags and that are covered, as well as the toasting of some bread.

Cheryl

Hi, I bought this oven 3 months ago and I find it a pain to clean after cooking a roast! It is too hot to clean it straight away and by the time you have eaten the grease is stuck to the top of the oven and the smell lingers in the oven for the rest of the day!! Does anybody else have this problem? For this reason I don't know if I would recommend anyone buy it as this was the reason I bought it so I didn't have the same problem as you do with a conventional size oven.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Cheryl, Try using a roasting bag or lining your trays with tin foil you will find this will make it easier with cleaning.

Cheryl

Thank you, I didn't know you could use oven bags in such a small oven, I will try that next time, thank you very much, I wish I had known this from the start and the oven wouldn't be a little smelly and stained.

Cheryl

Hi, I am wondering which setting you would put the oven on if you want to heat a meat pie? The pie hasn't been heated before and the Warm function only goes to 95 degrees, as in a conventional oven I would put the temperature at 180 degrees

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Cheryl, Try using the bake function with the turbo which should heat your pie or pies up perfectly.

Cheryl

Hi, I bought this oven about a month ago, it works quite well, but the two times I have tried to cook a sponge or individual sponges they have flattened to a pan cake after I have taken them out, also texture the 2nd time was not nice. I would appreciate if someone would get back to me on this, as this was the main reason I bought this oven was to cook sponges.

Cheryl

Could someone from Sunbeam please answer my question I submitted earlier, is this Oven suitable for sponges and mud cakes to bake.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Cheryl, Did you use the pre-heat function first? They sound like they may have been cooked for too long from the sounds of it. Try cooking for a shorter time,or at a lower temperature than what you would use for a normal oven.

Irvin C.

The BT7100 oven has been fogging up the display and cannot be reset for at least 1 hr after use. Any ideas?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Irvin, Firstly can I ask what are trying to cook when this happens? & where abouts do you have the machince placed when it use is there plenty of room for air to escape?.

Irvin C.

baking, roast vegetables, etc. The machine is on a bench top with plenty of room.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Irvin, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

Corina H.
Corina H.

Have difficulty seeing LCD display

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Corina H, Can I ask when it's turned on at night is the light bright or faint?.

Julia McLouth
Julia McLouth

Hi there, how hot does the oven get? is it hot to touch the sides of the oven? Just wondering if it will be safe to cook with children. Thanks

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Julia, Sunbeam is very safety conscious when designing and manufacturing consumer products, but it is essential that the product user also exercise care when using an electrical appliance. I would excerise caution when in use & not have in a child reachable area if you are concerned. Hope this helps you.

Phil

In short, YES, this oven and in fact ALL PORTABLE OVENS GET VERY HOT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE CABINET, top, bottom and sides, and the oven (when on) should not have anything close to or touching it. To stop this the walls of the oven would have to be very thick and well insulated therefore taking up much more room. Even built-in ovens must have a significant air cavity around them and well vented or they will destroy the surrounding cabinets with the radiating heat. Always sit a portable oven on something to protect your counter top from the significant heat even through its base.

Virstef Ciefanny

How to set upper heating only for baking layer cake? Since there is no manual setting..

Thanks heaps

Phil

I have no idea which model oven you have but my model does NOT have an upper element.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Virstef, Attached is the product manual if you refer to page 11 this will give you instructions on how to bake external link  also of your go to the end of the product manual there is some yummy recipes to follow also.

Virstef Ciefanny

Thank you for your answer. But the bake mode uses lower and upper element. But what i need is only an upper element only with enable turbo fan.

Thank you!

Virstef Ciefanny

Hi Phil my oven model number BT7100 sunbeam digital oven 22 L.. i have just found that the grill mode uses an upper heating only but no turbo fan..

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Virstef, The BT7100 elements both top and bottom remain on throughout all cooking functions. Unfortunately the oven cannot do as you require.

Melm

Hello my 81 yr mum is looking at this oven. She is concerned that it will burn her food if the top element comes on when in bake mode. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks. Melissa

Phil

There is no top element on my oven

deeds40

I find cooking cakes are dry. In my convection/microwave I did not have this problem.
Also Im not sure where to put the cake on the racks...put in the middle either the bottom of top burns...it was the whole reason I bought this was to cook cakes as my convection stopped working...how to overcome this please and slso DRY cakes.

Melm

Hello my mum is looking at this oven. How are you finding now? She is concerned that it will bum her food if the top element comes on when in bake mode. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks. Melissa

deeds40

I got rid of it. You cant bake in it like it says. Even in the middle rack the top burns so you have to cover with alfoil. Then the bottom tends to burn.
I hated it so its sold. They are only good to grill, heat stuff but definately not to bake in.

sue
sue

Does the oven take up a lot of space on a small benchtop? Is it easy to use and clean?

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Sue, It's very easy to clean, just a wipe down of the interior and all the trays can be pulled out to wash in the sink.
Cleaning tips can be found on page 19: external link
Sizing and other specs can be found here: external link

Elizabeth E.
Elizabeth E.

I love my bkt100 oven but alas the fan is no longer working all other parts of the oven are fine working order does this mean that I must dipose of this one and look for something else or is the fan compnant replaceable?

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Elizabeth E. We have a directory of repair service agents, find your local agent here: external link

bex452

I am curious as to what the interior dimensions are, so I can figure out if my trays will fit. Does it fit a 31 cm pizza tray, or strictly 30cm? How wide for standard oven trays?
Thanks!

ProCritique
ProCritique

I measure 34W X 30D. Strictly 30cm only!

Thank you! :)

Anne

My oven has burnt round marks on my granite bench top. Why would this oven do this, does it mean it has over heated & may have an electrical fault?

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Anne, I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened, we haven't ever heard of this ever happening before.
So we would like to have that unit sent back to us so our technicians can assess it. Could you please DM me your contact details so I can arrange for the freight.

Anne

My oven is out of warranty. We purchased it from Bing Lee at Taree 2 1/2 years ago for $189.00

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Anne, That's fine, we would still like to assess the unit so please DM me your details so we can arrange a pick up.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives