Sunbeam DT5600

Sunbeam DT5600 (page 2 of 4)

MPN: 35903108

Pete Brt

Pete BrtAU

Worse than rubbish!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Very disappointed

I really wish I had read all the reviews for this before forking out over $100 for this. It's an absolute dud! The noise is crazy!!! And it can take all day to show only the slightest bit of difference in the 'dehydrating' of fruit/veges. It's far too expensive and loud to run for hours and hours at a time. Plus I never wanted to leave it out of sight because I thought it was going to explode. Awful product and I have no show of getting a refund as have discarded my receipt. It's now collecting dust in the back of a cupboard. Very, very disappointed!!!

Robyn

RobynDevonport

What a disaster. So disappointed

Disappointed

I got this model in hopes of making backpacking food. I wish I found these reviews before I did. The motor is very loud. I successfully dried fried beans and that is about it. The directions are rubbish as the times givenare completely wrong. It took me 15 hours to dry mashed kumura! Sunbeam since people have complained about this product since 2012 when are you going to fix it or take it off the market.

Mr Costanza

Mr CostanzaTasmania

Noisy

This is very noisy. Have to use it in the garage. You expect some fan noise with a product like this but this has a high pitched whine with it. The rest of the unit appears fit for purpose but is light. I'm sorry I bought Sunbeam. Used to make ok stuff.

Also disappointed

I totally agree with the other negative reviews of the Sunbeam DT5600. We purchased it because Sunbeam generally has a good name. This is a dud. It is noisy and takes much longer to dry food; even cherry tomatoes take over 6 hours. I was hoping to dry fruit to take with me running and hiking but the DT5600 is not good enough. We seldom use it.

Waste of money

Complete waste of money, it's very loud, and you could dry food out faster by just leaving it in the sun! I've had some figs drying in there for over 24 hours now and they're not even close to being dry, and the recipe booklet recommended only 6 hours!
What a joke of a product.

James
James

For anyone reading at home this is just an automated comment, Sunbeam clearly doesn't care about its customers

Sue W

Sue WLaunceston

Too long and too loud

I purchased this product full of hope and excitement and have been very let down by its performance. It's so loud I put it in a back room with the door shut. Everything I have dehydrated has taken at least twice as long as in the book. At present my tomatoes are well over 24 hours. I may as well put them in the oven. It's a lot quicker. This product will be going back to the store.

Brian

BrianWodonga

OH Dear what have I done

pdexterNZ

Glorified hairdryer in a box

When I first got it i thought this product has been designed out of the leftovers. It has a top mounted heater unit that looks and sounds like a hairdryer. If you can imagine running your hairdryer for 6 hours on full that's what this thing sounds like. I only used it once a week and it lasted 5 months before the motor blew. The warranty replacement unit lasted the same. Harvey Norman then refunded my money (well done guys) and I bought a Hydroflow dehydrator instead. Get your act together Sunbeam!

Disapointed

Was so excited to get this to be able to do an abundance of food. Had apricots running for over 24hrs!! And still not dried. Taking it back today. Would not recommend. Wish I,d read all the reviews before I wasted time preparing fruit and using electricity. Sunbeam hopefully will look at reviews

Andy

AndyNsw

So bad

Have had our new dehydrator running for about 23 hours. Some food (prepared as per instructions) is still not done. Massive spike in electricity usage. Terrible. Love the sunbeam 'troubleshooting' suggestion in response to the last review. You can't troubleshoot a crappy product. We are getting rid of ours and building a solar dehydrator instead. Oh, and yes, it is SOOOO loud. Like a hair dryer blowing on high for 23 hours straight.

Dear Andy,
We are sorry to hear about the experience you've had with the DT5600. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance/ troubleshooting.
Kind Regards

Avoid

Failed after 13 months with only sporadic use, one month out of warranty - piece of crap.
As with the others I have read, the motor was noisy when it was working, and then it began to fail, thus making the unit run hot. I disposed of the unit rather that have a fire risk in my home. Rubbish quality, unfortunately, as I have always been a fan of Sunbeam as a brand of quality white goods.

So disappointed

skoni

skoni

Avoid like fire - total junk quality of the motor

This unit uses the same, cheap, junk quality motor as in previous models. My unit broke down recently - motor works for approx 10-15 sec but at very low speed, so unit goes into temperature overheat and then shuts down. Friend of mine has the same unit and it almost stopped working too - motor makes some noises, stalls often. It is just unbelievable what the manufacturers sell us nowadays. Junk, junk, junk. I wait when eventually Sunbeam will go broke (hopefully people will find out that all they are able to do is sell junk hoping that when it breaks people will buy another unit). So you will be better off spending may be twice as much money but for something that works for years.

Warren NashTakaka

Quality control has obviously slipped

Warren Nash

Further to my review above. Heathcote Appliances Hamilton replaced the unit, no trouble. New unit is working as it should, has had constant use for the past 2 months, and I'm happy.

Warren Nash

Very unhappy with Sunbeam!

We have similar problem - purchased unit with extended warranty but during manf warranty it did this turn off thing, took back and was given replacement. Then just after manuf warranty expired this one did the same thing! Tried talking to Sunbeam as this is obviously a major prob but they didnt want to know about it! Disguisted and will nit choose Sunbeam for any appliance in future!

Never again

What!

Ive just bought the dehydrater and tested tonight. My husband was in the back of the house with the door shut. He thought I was vacuuming at night! Ive put it in the laundry with the door shut. No one can handle the noise, especially for 12hrs. I boughf a $49 one from Homeart and it was quiet and lasted two good yrs. Disappointed bscause I paid good money believing Sunbeam would be good. Get yr act together boys because you blew it with this noise pollution bigtime.

Big Kahuna

Big KahunaNorthern Rivers

Way Way Way Overpriced

I paid $109 for this dehydrator. When it arrived i was surprised and disappointed. Its basically a bunch of cheap plastic trays and a very noisy fan. There couldn't be more than $7 worth of material in it. I have buyers remorse. I didn't do my homework on this product, rather jumped in at the novelty of drying my own food. This product should not be priced anywhere north of $30 tops. in terms of functionality, its not bad, but very very slow. i do not see this product lasting a long time, especially as it takes at least 12 hour stints of drying vegetables, I can see the fan packing it in. I have very little confidence in this product. Buyer beware.
Not much really
Cheap and tacky, very noisy. Extremely Overpriced.