Sunbeam SecretChef Electronic 5.5L HP5580

Sunbeam SecretChef Electronic 5.5L HP5580

Shaldon7

Shaldon7Bundarra

Two years and I’m in for a new one

I was fairly happy with how this cooked, I looked after the bowl with how I washed it up and always made sure to wash it with warm water when it was hot so the temperature change didn’t make it crack. But I was cooking a meal and all of a sudden it cracked! And food seaped through under. Not very safe. Not looking at getting the same brand

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Bobslife

BobslifeAU

Long term work horse

I'm a bit surprised by the reviews. I've had my slow cooker for a number of years. During winter I use it quite a bit. It has worked well all times - I mainly use it for pot roast, pulled pork, etc. The bowl does get a bit crusty and requires a bit of hand scrubbing - it didn't come clean in the dishwasher and I realised I need to scrub it by hand first. This is no longer a problem as the bowl fell and smashed. The bummer is that the replacement bowl is $50 - almost as much as a new system.

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

Expecting dinner to be cooked

I have just noticed that this model is now discontinued. Mmm.. It worked last year. It looks brand new but.. I prepared a meal this morning, turned it on (lights indicating all was on) and came home this afternoon to find the slow cooker cold and nothing cooked. No dinner ready!! :( The timer is working, it had ticked over and nearly finished but nothing happening inside. Very disappointed.

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

Would not recommend

Only had mine a year digital panel went, sunbeam didn't want to know about it out of warranty, my fault should have read the reviews before buying
At least my Ronson was 20 years old before dying

MeeganNorthern Region, NSW

Good while it worked.

I've had this product for 14 months and it has now stopped working..
I agree with other reviewers that it did cook out of food, but i just learnt to add more liquid (not typical slow cooker cooking).
I loved the programmable feature of this product.
Basically, the display started to stop showing parts of the numbers, then the beep noise stopped, and then last week it just didnt heat up.
I wouldnt buy one full price ($90 at target), bit as i originally got it for $29 i cant complain. For the price a year of weekly use is probably ok i guess.
3 stars just because it was programmable
Programmable, big size
Stopped working completely after 14 months, cooked preety hot so that all liquid cooked away most of the time.

Meegan

UPDATE 2: sent an email to Sunbeam over a week ago. Still no reply.

Meegan

Update 3: actual bowl cracked and was no longer water tight at the 13month mark! (Outside of warranty). Very disappointed now. Wont buy another.

See all Sunbeam SecretChef Electronic 5.5L reviews