Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

MPN: EM7000

1.0

1 review
  • Product is used

EM7000 to be serviced

I need to EM7000 to be serviced in Hobart Tasmania and there no service agents except the other end of state which is 3 hours away. I rang customer service but the could not help. Left message for manager to call Me - no response. Lodged online query and email advising someone would contact me in 3 days - no response. How is it possible for sunbeam you have no agents in southern Tasmania

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$1,100.00.

Noise Level
Product is used Rarely
Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Mirjana,
So sorry to hear about that, 7 years with no hiccup, this is my favorite unit.
We do have 5 agents in Tasmania:

Mirjana
Mirjana
See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

The coffee pressure gauge doesn't work during the pour regardless of how fine the grind size is, what should I do?

1. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  2. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase dosage for coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.

My steam wand temperature gauge is not working, what should I do?

Make sure the steam wand is clean and the temperature sensor on the wand is fully submerged in milk.

Why is there no pressure in my pour?

The coffee grind coarseness and tamp pressure will affect the coffee extraction pressure. Adjust to a finer grind size and tamp firmly.

The double cup setting poured between 80ml to 100ml rather than the 60ml, what should I do?

To re-program the 2 CUP button, follow the instructions below.

1. Prepare the 2 cup filter with coffee and tamp.
  2. Place 2 cups under the espresso pour spouts.
  3. Press the PROGRAM button.
  4. Press the 2 CUP button to start the espresso pour. Press the 2 CUP button again once the desired volume of espresso has been extracted. The espresso machine will beep twice to indicate the new program for 2 CUP operation has been set.

Why can't I get any crema no matter what grind I use?

The freshness of the coffee beans affects the level of crema. Change to a different batch of coffee beans and ensure it is used within 2 - 3 weeks of opening the bag.

My coffee tasted bitter and black, there's no pressure or crema even after I followed the instructions. What should I do?

When the grind is too fine and the grounds are packed too tightly together, it will be harder for the water to penetrate the coffee puck. This will result in an extraction that is too slow, hence bitter drinks. Adjust the grind setting and make the grinds coarser. Don't apply too much pressure when tamping.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

Doc M.

Doc M.asked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

My EM7000 warms the top cup warmer. It also produces hot steam. However the water passing through the coffee is cold. The water from the RHS hot water spout is also cold?
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Jade C.asked

Hi,
I bought this just over a week ago, upgraded from the minni barista.

I don’t think the pressure is working in the machine. The pressure gauge does not move when pulling shots (I have played around with grind size and amount of coffee in a double shot). We are getting no creamer either.

Could this be faulty?

PASH
PASH

The pressure pump in my unit broke at the neck and had to be replaced. As your unit is only a week old it should be covered by warranty. The machine makes great cappuccinos.

PHM
PHM

Start with freshly ground beans. If your beans are old, no amount of fine grinding will save them. The grind size should be fine for espresso coffee. The degree is fineness required fluctuates during the day, so play around with this. Pack the ground beans tightly into the basket. If the grind is not fine enough the water will go straight through without registering on the dial. Does the machine pump water for a black coffee (tap on rhs of the machine)? If not there is a problem.

Jade C.

WE got a replacement machine and it is still doing the same thing.
I have tried different sizes of the grind.
We have the breville grinder, does anyone know the settings it should be on?

Roger Goebel

Roger Goebelasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

What is the maximum cup height that can be used with this machine

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives