Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) (page 2 of 9)

MPN: EM7000

RoboCookMid North Coast, NSW

12 Months on

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review RoboCook, and the fantastic tips on making the perfect cup of coffee!

BonnieBrabham

Best at home coffee machine!!

This machine delivers exceptional coffee every time! I have had it for approximately 3 years now with no faults at all! Only downfall, more work required due to it being manual. The idea was though, that you can make it how you want it with the steam nozzle. However for the sake of saving time when your in a rush, I would go with one of those 'one button' coffee machines that still use beans. Still a great machine for those who have that extra time.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Bonnie!

Bonnie

No problem! I only speak the truth

JayM

JayMCanberra

Love this coffee machine

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Jay!

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Dee Dawson

Dee DawsonSydney

Really wakes you up in the morning!

I absolutely am obsessed with my morning coffee and its important I have a machine that works effortless !! I have had this machine for over 2 years now and it is the best purchase I have made and worth every single cent. Never had an issue with this machine and works the best every single time I use it! Very happy customer!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dee Dawson, great you are loving the machine!! Thank you for reviewing...

nick.ward121

nick.ward121

Superb coffee machine for the demanding home user

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Nick.Ward121, thank you for the informative review. I'm sure everyone will find the information very useful.

Jade

Jade

Cafe standard coffee in our own home

Once you get the grinding and packing right the coffee is superb! The machine is easy to use and easy to clean and looks sleek in our kitchen. The milk temp gauge cant be somewhat unreliable so we generally judge by feel (holding the jug) as the "desired 60 degrees" often makes the milk too hot.
Coffee comes out perfect temp and the frothing component is improved from the last model with a thicker stem and lower set temp gauge.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Jade!

nothappyjan49

nothappyjan49PERTH

Best Coffee Machine EVER!

Bought mine second hand from Cashies. Best machine ever! Used it ALOT even in my food van and it still works perfectly fine! Sunbeam grinder is a pearler too!! Froths milk really well with temp gaugeDo not buy Delonghi or Saeco, save the money and stick to Sunbeam, you wont regret it!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review nothappyjan49!

Davood

Davood

Over used and still going

This machine is built like a German tank, it’s unbreakable.
Love it.
It churns out 1kg a week in our home and has not shown any signs of giving up.
Worth every dollar!
This machine gets cleaned on the first day of every new season.
It’s easy to use. Love it

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Customer C.Sunbeam

That's the way it should be and the fact you descale and clean it regularly really makes a difference. Hope you enjoy many more coffees!!!!

Tammieee

TammieeeSydney

Great for practicing

The thing is not that big, perfect for people who just started to learn the skills as the price is quite reasonable, the heat up time is around 18-22mins which i think is quick, the coffees outcome is great and it’s also easy to make a nice coffee and clean the thing, but sometimes the machine is a little bit noisy, but it’s good overall

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Tamieee, thanks for the great review!! However, 18 - 22 mins to warm up? Was this a typo as the machine should take less than a minute to warm up?

Diana.C

Diana.C

Can't live without it

I love the taste of the coffee ! The coffee is so professional and it doesn't take long to make a coffee.To be honest I can't find a nicer coffee at a cafe . Can't wait to get home for a coffee! Very easy to use & very easy to clean .

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Diana C!!

Melinda.hickey

Melinda.hickeyAU

Great machine

Such a great machine that when it needed replacing after many years of daily use we got the same model again. Easy to keep clean and maintain and great quality result. Would highly recommend this machine to anyone who is a coffee lover and is after an easy to use machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Hi Melinda.hickey,
Thanks for the fab review, we totally agree!!!

Toddles

Toddlesmelbourne

Great Coffee But Needed Service

This is just over a year old and gets used multiple times a day at out place. We all like it and get good results most every time. Unfortunately about eight months in to ownership we has a complete failure one morning and upon servicing the whole board need replacing. It was out of action for some time although all good again now. Failures can happen and I still love the machine. Looks good and does a mean coffee.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
JJK

JJKPerth

Served me well

Very well-designed and built. Great water capacity and so reliable. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a machine that is well-priced, not temperamental and easy to use. It simply does what it should and does it well. I've stuck with Sunbeam machines for awhile now with no issues.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hungry Peter

Hungry PeterAdelaide

3 years strong

Well this is a positive review as it makes great coffee on the single cup and 90% of the time I am making 1 coffee and 1 tea. It can take a bit to get use to for a novice but when mastered it's easy. Dual cups can be a bit weak, not terrible but making two at once is an art to get the coffee strong enough with this machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Peter Colahan

Peter ColahanGold Coast

Upgrade and also purchased a sunbeam grinder

A great machine - yes easy to use in conjunction with my sunbeam grinder. The instructions are easy to follow and the cleaning process is just fine. Is a big improvement of my previous sunbeam product. Very good machine for making many cups of coffee at one time. thank you.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Chris B

Chris B

good but not great

It's a great machine when it works. Steam pump continues to die and needs to be replaced every six months. Common problem with these models apparently according to the technician. He knows my model of machine like the back of his hand. Which probably isn't a good thing. Luckily in warranty for 5 years on pumps, but annoying as it is usually away for 2-3 weeks at a time

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Fab

Fab

No idea how i will live without it

I have absolutely no idea what I would do without my coffee machine. Coffee tastes great. It's easy for me to use as I used to be a barista, but it might not be for everyone. I actually chose this model as I wanted to continue making coffee as I used to before. Quite easy to clean as well!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Team Mike

Team Mikemelbourne

Made Me Appreciate Coffee More

I love this machine. I had to spend a little time coming up to speed with the baristas art to get the results I wanted, which made me really concentrate on what I was doing. The machine puts out lovely shots of coffees now but you, the operator are part of the process. It gets used every day, often a few times. It never lets me down and always puts out consistent pressure. I am a short black drinker and I have experimented with all kinds of roasts and grinds and learned as I went. I am very happy with his 'toy' and would recommend it to all.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Love coffee

Love coffeeLaunceston, TAS

Wow, the coffee from this machine is the best I have ever tasted, I can't stop at 1 cup.

I have been using this machine for 3 weeks now, I am very impressed with the results, I have been using fresh beans from my local coffee shop and a Breville smart grinder pro set on 7.
The Sunbeam EM7000 is very simple to use and keep clean, a pleasure to use.

May 24th 2019 Update: Brilliant coffee machine.

I have owned the Sunbeam EM7000 for 18 months without any problems, always makes a perfect coffee, better than most cafes.
I grind my own beans purchased from a roasted coffee outlet using the Breville smart grinder pro.
I have only used filtered rainwater in the machine so I have never had to clean or descale, I think good water and good coffee beans is the secret to a great cup of coffee.
I can highly recommend the Sunbeam EM 7000.

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for A$565.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used Daily
GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800
Truffles

TrufflesMelbourne

Two Years Of Great Coffees

I am actually drinking a coffee from this machine as I write this. It produces pretty much a perfect shot. It didn't happen immediately though, there is a definite learning curve with this machine. The first and most important thing to master is the tamping pressure, If you get it "just so" you will produce marvelous results but learning where "just so " is takes time and varies with the beans.
The machine itself is solid, robust and ever reliable, I wouldn't change anything about it. Well maybe the method of refilling the water. that's a bit fiddly but overall I have a great experience with this machine and can produce excellent coffee any time I choose.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

The coffee pressure gauge doesn't work during the pour regardless of how fine the grind size is, what should I do?

1. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  2. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase dosage for coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.

My steam wand temperature gauge is not working, what should I do?

Make sure the steam wand is clean and the temperature sensor on the wand is fully submerged in milk.

Why is there no pressure in my pour?

The coffee grind coarseness and tamp pressure will affect the coffee extraction pressure. Adjust to a finer grind size and tamp firmly.

The double cup setting poured between 80ml to 100ml rather than the 60ml, what should I do?

To re-program the 2 CUP button, follow the instructions below.

1. Prepare the 2 cup filter with coffee and tamp.
  2. Place 2 cups under the espresso pour spouts.
  3. Press the PROGRAM button.
  4. Press the 2 CUP button to start the espresso pour. Press the 2 CUP button again once the desired volume of espresso has been extracted. The espresso machine will beep twice to indicate the new program for 2 CUP operation has been set.

Why can't I get any crema no matter what grind I use?

The freshness of the coffee beans affects the level of crema. Change to a different batch of coffee beans and ensure it is used within 2 - 3 weeks of opening the bag.

My coffee tasted bitter and black, there's no pressure or crema even after I followed the instructions. What should I do?

When the grind is too fine and the grounds are packed too tightly together, it will be harder for the water to penetrate the coffee puck. This will result in an extraction that is too slow, hence bitter drinks. Adjust the grind setting and make the grinds coarser. Don't apply too much pressure when tamping.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

Doc M.

Doc M.asked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

My EM7000 warms the top cup warmer. It also produces hot steam. However the water passing through the coffee is cold. The water from the RHS hot water spout is also cold?
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Jade C.asked

Hi,
I bought this just over a week ago, upgraded from the minni barista.

I don’t think the pressure is working in the machine. The pressure gauge does not move when pulling shots (I have played around with grind size and amount of coffee in a double shot). We are getting no creamer either.

Could this be faulty?

PASH
PASH

The pressure pump in my unit broke at the neck and had to be replaced. As your unit is only a week old it should be covered by warranty. The machine makes great cappuccinos.

PHM
PHM

Start with freshly ground beans. If your beans are old, no amount of fine grinding will save them. The grind size should be fine for espresso coffee. The degree is fineness required fluctuates during the day, so play around with this. Pack the ground beans tightly into the basket. If the grind is not fine enough the water will go straight through without registering on the dial. Does the machine pump water for a black coffee (tap on rhs of the machine)? If not there is a problem.

Jade C.

WE got a replacement machine and it is still doing the same thing.
I have tried different sizes of the grind.
We have the breville grinder, does anyone know the settings it should be on?

Roger Goebel

Roger Goebelasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

What is the maximum cup height that can be used with this machine

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives