Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) (page 3 of 9)

MPN: EM7000

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Nobby

Nobbymelbourne

Good Coffee Expensive To Repair

We have had this for around four years and it gets a good workout everyday. Gets used at least six times a day sometimes more.
It's been great but ours has required two expensive services.
First one was my fault as I didn't know about the need to descale, the second last year the whole computer control was replaced. Very expensive!
I really like this machine. It makes excellent coffee but it's cost quite a lot to run over the years.
I think the amounts charged for authorized repairs are excessive.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Rowan

RowanBalgowlah, NSW

Very happy with this coffee machine

I was looking for a machine to make decent coffee at home because I was sick of the awful taste of Nespresso. Initially I purchased a quality grinder (Breville BCG820BSS Smart Grinder Pro) and used an AeroPress however, I happened to come across this unit on sale and online reviews were very positive so I took the plunge.

I am very happy with this coffee machine!

Paired with the above mentioned Breville grinder and some good quality coffee beans from my local cafe, this makes a fantastic cup of coffee.

Sarolta

SaroltaBrisbane

Perfect machine for the home barista!

Took a few takes to get consistent with my newly acquited barista skills, but after a few weeks consistently make a nice cup with lovely creamy milk texture that is easy to do with the machine. Very quick to warm up and the coffee is quick with this dual pressure machine, brew and texture milk at the same time. Looks great on my bench and would not be without it, we save heaps by drinking more coffee at home rather than going out. This machine was recommended by my trainer on a barista course and I am grateful for her recommendation, did not regret this purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Vegemum

VegemumNSW, 2484

Perfect

As always the Sunbeam is my favourite. With my mum having issues with the reliability and helpfulness of the Breville team, I chose to stick to the Sunbeam as the option of my at home coffee machine.
Coupled with the best grinder I can afford this machine flawlessly pulls an excellent shot with lovely crema every time.
I like being able to texture my milk whilst the shot is pulling. The steam wand is strong and works fast.
This machine is easy care, I find the maintenance to be at an average minimum for coffee machines and believe this machine will last for many years when taken care of properly.
I would recommend this machine to anyone who wants to create cafe style (or better) coffee at home.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Ford

FordMelbourne

Excellent Coffee Maker

I recently moved in with a girl who has this machine and is an ex-barista. She is going to teach me how to make coffees and says it is an excellent machine as it offers most of the bells and whistles that a larger cafe machine has, including water pressure indicator and milk temperature. It is a stylish looking compact machine that does not take up too much room on the kitchen bench. Being able to see the water level at the front of the machine is also a bonus. She bought it two years ago and it has worked like a trojan since.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
wiba

wibaPerth

A decent step-up from capsule machines

Bought this during a sale (with bonus offer). Partner it with a decent grinder (my choice is the Breville Smart Grinder Pro) and fresh beans you can easily brew coffee that is comparable, if not better, than what you can get from most cafes. $4-5 a cup vs ~15-20c a cup? It's a no-brainer.

Hits

HitsSydney

so far so good

Bought this last year while setting up our new home. This machine was recommended by a friend and could not have been more happy with the choice. It makes great coffee (of course the quality of beans makes big difference), the water pressure indicator is really helpful, if you do not fill enough ground coffee and the pressure is low you can see that the coffee is watery. A very helpful feature. I also love personally milk temperature indicator. The coffee is just perfect at 65 C.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Andrew

Andrew22a Tweed Street, Tauranga, NZ

Great machine

Great machine. I've serviced a few of these and found them reliable great machines. I repair espresso machines for a living and have found sunbeam considerably better that breville it's main competitor in terms of reliability.
While if still suggest vbm and rocket for the long hall if your budget doesn't stretch that far these are great.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Melody21

Melody21Charters Towers

This is much better than my capsual coffee machine!

My hasband and I got this coffee machine and a grinder together half a year ago. It's not hard to make coffee and milk foam. Its only about 2 minutes work, and you can make two cups of coffee at the same time. Besides, you can also make milk foam at the same time. The coffee tastes really good. Just buy good coffee beans. It's worthy buying.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Great until problems start.

After spending the money, I really enjoyed making some good coffee with this machine. After a couple of years the problems started. First the "mushroom" valve failed. A $2 part that cost me $117 to install (standard fee from the authorized repairer). On bringing it home, the valve failed again (about 2 hours after getting it back) not only that, but the hot water solenoid also failed at the same time.
Quote for this was $250 including $75 for the new solenoid despite a repair guarantee.
I'm not happy.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Jarryd

JarrydMelbourne

Excellent coffee!!

Jarryd

JarrydAltona

perfect brew!!

Great little machine when it is paired with a good grinder and fresh beans!! The machine is easy to clean if regularly maintained after use. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone interested in looking for a solid machine/beginners. The tank at the back easily comes out making it easy to refill water, you can also pour water in the top to refill quickly.

Katie O

Katie OBexley

Flick the Nespresso and grab yourself An espresso

My hubby was in the market for a cafe style coffee machine despite owning a Nespresso. He bit the bullet despite my hesitation and i have soon learnt to eat my words. Wow! Whilst the process is not as simple as throwing a pod in, I have to say that the cafe style coffees I have had every morning for the past 4 months makes me look forward to getting up every morning and enjoying every coffee to the last drop. Easy to clean as well, don’t think twice, just give old George Clooney the flick!

Danny D

Danny DBexley

Great coffee every day

Purchased from The Good Guys for $399 with $200 off promo code after hearing great things. So far 5 months on I am not disappointed at all! Pair with freshly roasted beans for barista cafe quality coffee. Fairly straight forward to use if you know what you're doing, doesn't take long to learn due to videos on sunbeam website. Cleaning is also very easy as well. Make sure you grab a decent grinder ontop of beans and you're set for the long haul.

Busy mum

Busy mumSydney

A fantastic investment

We bought this as a replacement model for the sunbeam cafe series that we had used relentlessly for 6 years. I am a coffee die hard and this machine produces a top quality coffee. My husband makes the best coffees but if I am forced to make my own I am still able to produce a coffee that is of a better quality than many of the cafes I come across. In my opinion, it is so annoying to pay nearly $5 for a takeaway coffee that tastes awful so this machine has been a life-saver for us and has been an essential appliance to assist in easing the many long days and nights of parenting. We bought the grinder too & grind fresh beans every time we make coffee for best results.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

very good coffee machine

the Coffee machine is very good,
I am so happy to buy this one,I normally in
the morning to make coffee .fast and easy to
use ,preheat only 1 min.one cup coffee with in
4min. That is fantastic to save morning time.and it’s
also to clean easily,just use water to flush .

Date PurchasedDec 2016

this is perfect for home

taste good as cafe‘s coffee, esay to use and clean, good for daily use and it is so good,m to make different kinds of coffees! Highly recommend to buy this product! It has 2 handles which you can make single shot or double shots, it also has the cleaning handle.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Maddy Hazel

Maddy HazelAdelaide

Perfect for Beginner to Intermediate

Amazing Machine to use considering it was on sale at JB HI-FI.
First time making coffe manually and glad to have a great support from Sunbeam. I had a difficulty with the filter, and they provided me with the add-on and support immediately. Parts got delivered within 3 days
Recommended product and brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
karlz

karlzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good machine

I bought this from Harvey Norman when it was on a super special about 7 years ago, I think I paid about $400.
I use it almost daily since then, and its still going strong. The only maintenance I have done is replace the rubber group seal about 4 times. Probably needs replacing yearly to be safe. It can take some trail and error with the grind sizes to get the pressure right. You need to get the pressure into about the orange on the dial to bring out the best coffee. My friend has the revile dual boiler, but I reckon this is better

Date PurchasedJan 2013
T.G.R.

T.G.R.

Excellent coffee machine for everyday use.

It’s been my daily for over a year now and it extracts shots perfectly every time. Pairs well with a Breville conical burr grinder to create the ultimate barista level cup of coffee.

Excellent construction, very easy to clean and the dual boiler feature is something you can’t go back from. Definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

The coffee pressure gauge doesn't work during the pour regardless of how fine the grind size is, what should I do?

1. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  2. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase dosage for coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.

My steam wand temperature gauge is not working, what should I do?

Make sure the steam wand is clean and the temperature sensor on the wand is fully submerged in milk.

Why is there no pressure in my pour?

The coffee grind coarseness and tamp pressure will affect the coffee extraction pressure. Adjust to a finer grind size and tamp firmly.

The double cup setting poured between 80ml to 100ml rather than the 60ml, what should I do?

To re-program the 2 CUP button, follow the instructions below.

1. Prepare the 2 cup filter with coffee and tamp.
  2. Place 2 cups under the espresso pour spouts.
  3. Press the PROGRAM button.
  4. Press the 2 CUP button to start the espresso pour. Press the 2 CUP button again once the desired volume of espresso has been extracted. The espresso machine will beep twice to indicate the new program for 2 CUP operation has been set.

Why can't I get any crema no matter what grind I use?

The freshness of the coffee beans affects the level of crema. Change to a different batch of coffee beans and ensure it is used within 2 - 3 weeks of opening the bag.

My coffee tasted bitter and black, there's no pressure or crema even after I followed the instructions. What should I do?

When the grind is too fine and the grounds are packed too tightly together, it will be harder for the water to penetrate the coffee puck. This will result in an extraction that is too slow, hence bitter drinks. Adjust the grind setting and make the grinds coarser. Don't apply too much pressure when tamping.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

Doc M.

Doc M.asked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

My EM7000 warms the top cup warmer. It also produces hot steam. However the water passing through the coffee is cold. The water from the RHS hot water spout is also cold?
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Jade C.asked

Hi,
I bought this just over a week ago, upgraded from the minni barista.

I don’t think the pressure is working in the machine. The pressure gauge does not move when pulling shots (I have played around with grind size and amount of coffee in a double shot). We are getting no creamer either.

Could this be faulty?

PASH
PASH

The pressure pump in my unit broke at the neck and had to be replaced. As your unit is only a week old it should be covered by warranty. The machine makes great cappuccinos.

PHM
PHM

Start with freshly ground beans. If your beans are old, no amount of fine grinding will save them. The grind size should be fine for espresso coffee. The degree is fineness required fluctuates during the day, so play around with this. Pack the ground beans tightly into the basket. If the grind is not fine enough the water will go straight through without registering on the dial. Does the machine pump water for a black coffee (tap on rhs of the machine)? If not there is a problem.

Jade C.

WE got a replacement machine and it is still doing the same thing.
I have tried different sizes of the grind.
We have the breville grinder, does anyone know the settings it should be on?

Roger Goebel

Roger Goebelasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

What is the maximum cup height that can be used with this machine

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives