Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) (page 4 of 9)

MPN: EM7000

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Sammy.z

Sammy.zSydney

Good and reliable machine ever.

Have been using it for the past two years, never found any problem. ease of use and price is very reasonable.
Very easier to learn and use and you could heat up the milk and making expresso at the same time, which not many other machine is able to do it.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
LDL

LDL

Love my coffee now!

We bought this coffee machine when my husband started to work from home permanently! Very happy since, as he can get his fresh coffee without the hassle of driving to the coffee shop! Easy to use, to clean! The dual cup mode is very clever and handy for 2 of us! My daughter loves this machine too because she can enjoy her hot chocolate with the foaming milk at the top! Just make sure to clean and dry the milk pressure tip after every use so it doesn’t get blocked!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
hpj

hpjStanthorpe

Good Coffee Machine

Having used both this machine as well as it’s predecessor, the EM6900, I find this one to be a bit fussier when it comes to the coffee extraction, so it’s best to buy whole coffee beans rather than pre-ground coffee. It requires a very finely ground coffee to extract properly. The milk frother is excellent.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Simpson Shocker

Simpson ShockerPerth

Great Little Unit

Good Coffee Maker,easy to use.the gauges take all the guess work out
large water tank,but being at the back it is difficult to refill.
the seal leaks a bit between the head and the machine,with a bit of trial and error this is easily fixed
I would recommend this MACHINE MAKES GREAT COFFEE

Rick

RickSydney, NSW

This is a great coffee maker

I had a little prob when the coffee filter cup cracked, but they could not have been more helpful and Quickly sent another replacement filter cup.

I use the machine every morning and freshly grind the coffee beans in my sunbeam burr grinder, it makes all the difference and look at the money I have saved, $55 a week love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Debbie

DebbieSYDNEY

Disappointed

It was a fair machine but when it broke down, sunbeam told us to go to their preferred repairer, Bravo who charges you about $88 to tell you the cost of repair is as much as a new machine. Then Bravo offered to sell us a reconditioned machine instead of repair for slightly less than the repair and with only a 3 month warranty. We decided to pick up our old machine unrepaired. When we came to pick it up Bravo said it wasn’t ready, despite the fact we called ahead to check, so we insisted and they eventually posted it back to us. We wrote to Sunbeam with our concerns via their website. We were ignored.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
wendy kittle

wendy kittleAlice Springs, Northern Territory

proffesional clean looking machine easy to use

water tank is quite large which is good. temp gauges allow for correct temp to be reached. very easy and straightforward to use, easy to clean. coffee tastes good from this machine and would recommend for any application. we use it daily to make 4 to 6 cups and it hasn't missed a beat.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Kiming

KimingAdelaide

Have had it for 5 or more years now.

Great coffee machine. We use it everyday. Only once did it stop working but we fixed it by giving the head a clean. Makes great coffee and came with a free grinder. Bought it from the good guys for around $599 i think.
Always happy with Sunbeam products & always reliable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Andrew

AndrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

the best

Am i happy.?
It's a stunning machine that is an absolute must have for all coffee lovers.
The machine produces coffee that will rival a barrister. . . . . . . . .
Just typing this is making me want a morning cuppa of cofefev... lol.
You will be delighted with it, I'm ecstatic!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

the Esperesso mane

the Esperesso maneRichmond-Tweed, NSW

it should not be called espresso

Date PurchasedNov 2017
C.A.

C.A.Melbourne

Great home coffee machine

Really good home coffee machine. I haven't experienced any technical issues after owning the machine for over three years, and making coffee daily. Coffee tastes good. Obviously not as a good as what you'd get in a cafe with a commercial machine, but more than passable for a home coffee.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
kym

kymAtherton

disappointingly troublesome machine

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Dennis5252

Dennis5252SYDNEY

Great tasting coffee

The EM7000 makes great coffee but be prepared for a learning curve. I was very frustrated with it at first because the coffee produced depends a lot on operator skill.
Now I have the grinding and tamping to the right level, I feel I get cafe quality coffee 95% of the time.
The coffee, I would say, is not quite hot enough but I steam my long black water and that fixes the temperature issue.
Great machine!

TAGReservoir

Limited & Frustrating

Date PurchasedDec 2016
saratoga

saratogaAU

Good machine

We have had two of these machines over the past ten or so years and could not be happier. both machines were bought at the factory outlet and are(were) seconds. They cost about half of their retail cost.and both have worked almost perfectly. The only thing that doesn't seem to work properly is the pressure gauges. However, We never look at them anyway as they are not important if you know how to pack the coffee into the portafilter. It is important to have a fine grind and to fill the portafilter enough as to not leave a gap between the PF and the group head otherwise the high pressure from the pumps will force the water through too quickly resulting on a not so good coffee.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Shereew

ShereewHunter Region, NSW

Great coffee, easy to use.

Lashed out and spent over $750 on this little beauty. It hasn’t missed a beat. I have it working 7 days a week. Easy to clean. I have only noticed just this week that the handle doesn’t come off as easy as it used to once the coffee has brewed. I have to jiggle it otherwise it can get stuck. Could be rubbers need replacing.. will contact sunbeam and see what they say. Otherwise pretty happy. Owned for about 18 months.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
JamesAustin22

JamesAustin22Melbourne

Quality home coffee machine

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Jack

JackAdelaide

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM 7000

If you want a great competitively priced coffee machine you cant go past the Sunbeam EM 7000.
The Sunbeam brand is a household name in Australia for appliances and one can see why.
They are well made,great looking and last for ages.
The EM 7000 is just another appliance testifying to Sunbeam quality.Not only that you get a great coffee out of this machine whatever your favourite cup.So many of my friends who have also purchased an EM 7000 can't be wrong.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Annie

AnnieByron Bay

Had to return 2 of these machines

I was quite happy with this machine at first. Coffee was great and the milk frother worked well too. Standby noise was quite annoying, but overall the machine performed as it should, for this sort of money.
However it started leaking around the group head after 3 months and we realised that the seal needed replacing. Sunbeam immediately agreed that the machine should be replaced. We got a replacement machine but the second machine had a faulty pressure gauge. So we returned it as well, the day after getting it, and decided to go another brand instead.

Ready

ReadyHobart

Purchased this coffee machine eight weeks ago a great machine for a family it took a little time to

I purchased the sunbeam coffee machine two months ago I found it a little daunting at first but with some help from a friend who has had one for a while she got me on the write track it is easy to use looks good in the stainless I did get some help with a local barista to achieve better grinding and getting the milk nice and creamy I love the machine

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

The coffee pressure gauge doesn't work during the pour regardless of how fine the grind size is, what should I do?

1. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  2. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase dosage for coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.

My steam wand temperature gauge is not working, what should I do?

Make sure the steam wand is clean and the temperature sensor on the wand is fully submerged in milk.

Why is there no pressure in my pour?

The coffee grind coarseness and tamp pressure will affect the coffee extraction pressure. Adjust to a finer grind size and tamp firmly.

The double cup setting poured between 80ml to 100ml rather than the 60ml, what should I do?

To re-program the 2 CUP button, follow the instructions below.

1. Prepare the 2 cup filter with coffee and tamp.
  2. Place 2 cups under the espresso pour spouts.
  3. Press the PROGRAM button.
  4. Press the 2 CUP button to start the espresso pour. Press the 2 CUP button again once the desired volume of espresso has been extracted. The espresso machine will beep twice to indicate the new program for 2 CUP operation has been set.

Why can't I get any crema no matter what grind I use?

The freshness of the coffee beans affects the level of crema. Change to a different batch of coffee beans and ensure it is used within 2 - 3 weeks of opening the bag.

My coffee tasted bitter and black, there's no pressure or crema even after I followed the instructions. What should I do?

When the grind is too fine and the grounds are packed too tightly together, it will be harder for the water to penetrate the coffee puck. This will result in an extraction that is too slow, hence bitter drinks. Adjust the grind setting and make the grinds coarser. Don't apply too much pressure when tamping.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

Doc M.

Doc M.asked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

My EM7000 warms the top cup warmer. It also produces hot steam. However the water passing through the coffee is cold. The water from the RHS hot water spout is also cold?
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Jade C.asked

Hi,
I bought this just over a week ago, upgraded from the minni barista.

I don’t think the pressure is working in the machine. The pressure gauge does not move when pulling shots (I have played around with grind size and amount of coffee in a double shot). We are getting no creamer either.

Could this be faulty?

PASH
PASH

The pressure pump in my unit broke at the neck and had to be replaced. As your unit is only a week old it should be covered by warranty. The machine makes great cappuccinos.

PHM
PHM

Start with freshly ground beans. If your beans are old, no amount of fine grinding will save them. The grind size should be fine for espresso coffee. The degree is fineness required fluctuates during the day, so play around with this. Pack the ground beans tightly into the basket. If the grind is not fine enough the water will go straight through without registering on the dial. Does the machine pump water for a black coffee (tap on rhs of the machine)? If not there is a problem.

Jade C.

WE got a replacement machine and it is still doing the same thing.
I have tried different sizes of the grind.
We have the breville grinder, does anyone know the settings it should be on?

Roger Goebel

Roger Goebelasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

What is the maximum cup height that can be used with this machine

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives