Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

EM7000 (Stainless), EM7000RE (Red), EM7000G (Graphite), etc...

3.1

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

EM7000 to be serviced

I need to EM7000 to be serviced in Hobart Tasmania and there no service agents except the other end of state which is 3 hours away. I rang customer service but the could not help. Left message for manager to call Me - no response. Lodged online query and email advising someone would contact me in 3 days - no response. How is it possible for sunbeam you have no agents in southern Tasmania

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$1,100.00.

Product is used Rarely

Hello Mirjana,
So sorry to hear about that, 7 years with no hiccup, this is my favorite unit.
We do have 5 agents in Tasmania:

Mirjana
Mirjana
Ditsy

DitsySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking service center, 4th machine fail. Solid build with cheap components - particularly the collar.

2nd EM7000 to fail after 2 EM6910s had similar issues. This is a replacement machine after the first EM7000 failed with 2 collars replaced and then the whole motherboard. Was promised a 12 month warranty. Replacement machine's Collar failed at 11 months and alarming electrical shorting sounds on the Manual button, no replies to emails after over a month and phone never gets answered, then told they don't offer a warranty on the replacement machine despite me being told they do. Don't believe this is within my consumer rights, these machines used to be 24 months warranty, now only 12!
Have tried 4 times today over an hour and a half waiting for someone to answer the service line

Purchased in June 2019.

GrinderSunbeam Burr Grinder EM0430
Bryan

BryanQuakers hill

Broken again

Bought my em 7000 3 years ago, loved it (wrote a review praising it then)made great coffee12 months ago steamer stopped working. Put it in for repair at a very reputable coffee repair company when I got it back nothing worked returned it to them and they repaired it again. Again great coffee for almost 12 months, steamer has broken again, very disappointed not going to spend a couple hundred bucks for another possible year. I drink a long black and thankfully i can still make them but my wife cant get her latte but its put me off buying another sunbeam. I have rated the frother below great when it worked.
Bryan

Purchased in May 2017.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Fern M.

Fern M.Sydney, NSW

No presssure

Machine has no pressure, you could put your whole weight on the tamper and fine ground coffee. the gauge stays at 0 Weak .
I usually love sunbeam but not that machine

Purchased in June 2020 at goodguy for A$630.00.

Jason

JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Makes good coffee but the pressure gauge seems flakey

We replaced our older series Sunbeam with this machine today after 10 years of service. We took the first machine back because the pressure gauge did nothing. The second machine seems now to be doing the same - dead pressure gauge. These are not analogue dials but digital so presumably something is askew with the pressure sensor or the MCU controlling it.

Irritating not to have a feature you've paid for but equally not stopping it from producing good coffee. I comfort myself with the point that I rarely looked at the gauge on the older machine which was not very well located so don't really need this one either.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$550.00.

Customer support service

Purchased this machine Jan 2019. Feb I had a problem with the steamer. Calling the service number transferred to service who suggested running the cleaning cycle. No steam, called back but transferred to service with no answer. Sent email no response.
I understand the current pandemic is disrupting work places, but no response is unacceptable.

Purchased in January 2019.

Kip B.

Kip B.Perth, WA

The best.

Bought it second hand from a coffee buff. Read some reviews about leaking problems after about 1 year . This one was about 2 years old and in beautiful condition. After getting the run down on how to work it, I must say it makes the BEST coffee I have ever had. It makes my old Sunbeam entry level machine ,which I thought pretty good, second rate!

Hi Kip B,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Coffee!

barneseye

barneseyeWodonga

Fantastic machine. Things we love - compact compared to Breville; twin thermoblock means can steam and draw coffee simultaneously; quick to warm up; our first one gave 5 + years of great service.

Hello barneseye,
Thank you for your feedback - happy to hear you're loving your sunbeam coffee!

CorrezpondSydney, NSW

Broke Down at 6 months; Sunbeam Customer Service Appalling

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$724.00.

Product is used Daily
GrinderRancilio Rocky SD (Doserless)
Correzpond

Big company changes should be comprehensively planned and diligently executed so that customer service does not suffer. "The best they can" is simply not good enough and confirms why I will never purchase another Sunbeam product.

Correzpond

Emailed Sunbeam Customer Service 4 days ago and still waiting for even on acknowledgement. Sunbeam is quickly providing a lesson in how you turn loyal customers into enemies.

Correzpond

This is the typically rude and dismissive response that I have come to expect from Sunbeam Customer Service. However please keep going by all means so that readers of Product Review can see what they can expect if they purchase a Sunbeam product.

Kirstin

KirstinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my coffee machine

This machine has never missed a beat. Brings my joy every morning. Perfect extraction and perfectly textured milk.
It is very easy to clean and extremely easy to use. My son is also making great coffee.

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

Hello Kirstin,
We're so happy you and your son are enjoying you're Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000!
Thank you for the wonderful review!

breto

bretoPerth, WA

makes a great flat white/capp. great steam wand... when working.

had it for 7 months, makes a mean coffee great latte art possible if that's your thing. only problem is the steam wand died and is in under warranty as we speak. I guess they don't make things to last these days but youd expect more than 7 months of service.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$699.00.

Hi Breto,

boyadine

boyadinePerth, WA

it's alright

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
aldo08

aldo08Sydney, NSW

Avoid, buy something else

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for A$600.00.

Hi aldo08,
Sorry to hear you had these problems, we will take your feedback on board...

RyanKillarney Vale

Ordinary for the money - paid $750

Works well for about 12 months. Took great care of it, usually only 1 coffee made per. Lasted about 18 months. Absolute junk after that. This is my 2nd one. The other got replaced by retailer.
Problems: Coffee often cold, machine would overheat after a few mins, etc

Purchased in May 2017.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr Grinder II EM0500

Hi Ryan,
Sorry to hear of your experience with your EM7000 coffee machine.
We would love to assist you further. Please call us on 1300 861 881.

Graham

GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

From BES870 to Em7000

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$600.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)

Hi GraGra,
Thanks for the great feedback and review!

Love coffee

Love coffeeLaunceston, TAS

Wow, the coffee from this machine is the best I have ever tasted, I can't stop at 1 cup.

I have been using this machine for 3 weeks now, I am very impressed with the results, I have been using fresh beans from my local coffee shop and a Breville smart grinder pro set on 7.
The Sunbeam EM7000 is very simple to use and keep clean, a pleasure to use.

May 24th 2019 Update: Brilliant coffee machine.

I have owned the Sunbeam EM7000 for 18 months without any problems, always makes a perfect coffee, better than most cafes.
I grind my own beans purchased from a roasted coffee outlet using the Breville smart grinder pro.
I have only used filtered rainwater in the machine so I have never had to clean or descale, I think good water and good coffee beans is the secret to a great cup of coffee.
I can highly recommend the Sunbeam EM 7000.

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for A$565.00.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800