Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (page 3 of 11)

EM7000 (Stainless), EM7000RE (Red), EM7000G (Graphite), etc...

3.9

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Team Mike

Team Mikemelbourne

Made Me Appreciate Coffee More

I love this machine. I had to spend a little time coming up to speed with the baristas art to get the results I wanted, which made me really concentrate on what I was doing. The machine puts out lovely shots of coffees now but you, the operator are part of the process. It gets used every day, often a few times. It never lets me down and always puts out consistent pressure. I am a short black drinker and I have experimented with all kinds of roasts and grinds and learned as I went. I am very happy with his 'toy' and would recommend it to all.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Love coffee

Love coffeeLaunceston, TAS

Wow, the coffee from this machine is the best I have ever tasted, I can't stop at 1 cup.

I have been using this machine for 3 weeks now, I am very impressed with the results, I have been using fresh beans from my local coffee shop and a Breville smart grinder pro set on 7.
The Sunbeam EM7000 is very simple to use and keep clean, a pleasure to use.

May 24th 2019 Update: Brilliant coffee machine.

I have owned the Sunbeam EM7000 for 18 months without any problems, always makes a perfect coffee, better than most cafes.
I grind my own beans purchased from a roasted coffee outlet using the Breville smart grinder pro.
I have only used filtered rainwater in the machine so I have never had to clean or descale, I think good water and good coffee beans is the secret to a great cup of coffee.
I can highly recommend the Sunbeam EM 7000.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Truffles

TrufflesMelbourne

Two Years Of Great Coffees

I am actually drinking a coffee from this machine as I write this. It produces pretty much a perfect shot. It didn't happen immediately though, there is a definite learning curve with this machine. The first and most important thing to master is the tamping pressure, If you get it "just so" you will produce marvelous results but learning where "just so " is takes time and varies with the beans.
The machine itself is solid, robust and ever reliable, I wouldn't change anything about it. Well maybe the method of refilling the water. that's a bit fiddly but overall I have a great experience with this machine and can produce excellent coffee any time I choose.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Jane L

Jane LAU

Good coffee. Happy with the machine.

Yes we really like this machine, and we use it throughout the day. Its easy to use and clean and looks nice in the kitchen. We use the matching coffee bean grinder which is also good. Most of the time, the coffee i make is really enjoyable. . The machine is well priced and saves me a heap in takeaway.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Nobby

Nobbymelbourne

Good Coffee Expensive To Repair

We have had this for around four years and it gets a good workout everyday. Gets used at least six times a day sometimes more.
It's been great but ours has required two expensive services.
First one was my fault as I didn't know about the need to descale, the second last year the whole computer control was replaced. Very expensive!
I really like this machine. It makes excellent coffee but it's cost quite a lot to run over the years.
I think the amounts charged for authorized repairs are excessive.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Rowan

RowanBalgowlah, NSW

Very happy with this coffee machine

I was looking for a machine to make decent coffee at home because I was sick of the awful taste of Nespresso. Initially I purchased a quality grinder (Breville BCG820BSS Smart Grinder Pro) and used an AeroPress however, I happened to come across this unit on sale and online reviews were very positive so I took the plunge.

I am very happy with this coffee machine!

Paired with the above mentioned Breville grinder and some good quality coffee beans from my local cafe, this makes a fantastic cup of coffee.

Sarolta

SaroltaBrisbane

Perfect machine for the home barista!

Took a few takes to get consistent with my newly acquited barista skills, but after a few weeks consistently make a nice cup with lovely creamy milk texture that is easy to do with the machine. Very quick to warm up and the coffee is quick with this dual pressure machine, brew and texture milk at the same time. Looks great on my bench and would not be without it, we save heaps by drinking more coffee at home rather than going out. This machine was recommended by my trainer on a barista course and I am grateful for her recommendation, did not regret this purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Vegemum

VegemumNSW, 2484

Perfect

As always the Sunbeam is my favourite. With my mum having issues with the reliability and helpfulness of the Breville team, I chose to stick to the Sunbeam as the option of my at home coffee machine.
Coupled with the best grinder I can afford this machine flawlessly pulls an excellent shot with lovely crema every time.
I like being able to texture my milk whilst the shot is pulling. The steam wand is strong and works fast.
This machine is easy care, I find the maintenance to be at an average minimum for coffee machines and believe this machine will last for many years when taken care of properly.
I would recommend this machine to anyone who wants to create cafe style (or better) coffee at home.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Di-zi-di

Di-zi-diSouth East Queensland, QLD

My best kitchen appliance ever ... but

There are no buts. I love this machine. Did the barista course through Sunbeam so that i could really shine when making coffee. I shine so well that I refuse to buy a coffee when out because mine is better! I am totally keen about cleaning it and looking after it and it loves me back. It is very easy to use and cleaning it, even though a bit of a mission, easy to do. We use it every day and would be totally lost without it.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Ford

FordMelbourne

Excellent Coffee Maker

I recently moved in with a girl who has this machine and is an ex-barista. She is going to teach me how to make coffees and says it is an excellent machine as it offers most of the bells and whistles that a larger cafe machine has, including water pressure indicator and milk temperature. It is a stylish looking compact machine that does not take up too much room on the kitchen bench. Being able to see the water level at the front of the machine is also a bonus. She bought it two years ago and it has worked like a trojan since.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
wiba

wibaPerth

A decent step-up from capsule machines

Bought this during a sale (with bonus offer). Partner it with a decent grinder (my choice is the Breville Smart Grinder Pro) and fresh beans you can easily brew coffee that is comparable, if not better, than what you can get from most cafes. $4-5 a cup vs ~15-20c a cup? It's a no-brainer.

Hits

HitsSydney

so far so good

Bought this last year while setting up our new home. This machine was recommended by a friend and could not have been more happy with the choice. It makes great coffee (of course the quality of beans makes big difference), the water pressure indicator is really helpful, if you do not fill enough ground coffee and the pressure is low you can see that the coffee is watery. A very helpful feature. I also love personally milk temperature indicator. The coffee is just perfect at 65 C.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Andrew

Andrew22a Tweed Street, Tauranga, NZ

Great machine

Great machine. I've serviced a few of these and found them reliable great machines. I repair espresso machines for a living and have found sunbeam considerably better that breville it's main competitor in terms of reliability.
While if still suggest vbm and rocket for the long hall if your budget doesn't stretch that far these are great.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Melody21

Melody21Charters Towers

This is much better than my capsual coffee machine!

My hasband and I got this coffee machine and a grinder together half a year ago. It's not hard to make coffee and milk foam. Its only about 2 minutes work, and you can make two cups of coffee at the same time. Besides, you can also make milk foam at the same time. The coffee tastes really good. Just buy good coffee beans. It's worthy buying.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great until problems start.

After spending the money, I really enjoyed making some good coffee with this machine. After a couple of years the problems started. First the "mushroom" valve failed. A $2 part that cost me $117 to install (standard fee from the authorized repairer). On bringing it home, the valve failed again (about 2 hours after getting it back) not only that, but the hot water solenoid also failed at the same time.
Quote for this was $250 including $75 for the new solenoid despite a repair guarantee.
I'm not happy.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Jarryd

JarrydMelbourne

Excellent coffee!!

Jarryd

JarrydAltona

perfect brew!!

Great little machine when it is paired with a good grinder and fresh beans!! The machine is easy to clean if regularly maintained after use. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone interested in looking for a solid machine/beginners. The tank at the back easily comes out making it easy to refill water, you can also pour water in the top to refill quickly.

Fitzy

FitzySydney

best bang for buck

This machine is amazing, had for 4 years with not one problem. I make 3-4 cups a day on it and has never let me down. temp gauge for milk is also great. on sale for $399 was a bargain. great medium style machine. Cup warmer works well and the machine is easy to flush out and clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Katie O

Katie OBexley

Flick the Nespresso and grab yourself An espresso

My hubby was in the market for a cafe style coffee machine despite owning a Nespresso. He bit the bullet despite my hesitation and i have soon learnt to eat my words. Wow! Whilst the process is not as simple as throwing a pod in, I have to say that the cafe style coffees I have had every morning for the past 4 months makes me look forward to getting up every morning and enjoying every coffee to the last drop. Easy to clean as well, don’t think twice, just give old George Clooney the flick!

Danny D

Danny DBexley

Great coffee every day

Purchased from The Good Guys for $399 with $200 off promo code after hearing great things. So far 5 months on I am not disappointed at all! Pair with freshly roasted beans for barista cafe quality coffee. Fairly straight forward to use if you know what you're doing, doesn't take long to learn due to videos on sunbeam website. Cleaning is also very easy as well. Make sure you grab a decent grinder ontop of beans and you're set for the long haul.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 reviews