Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900

• Power

Lory
LoryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Update 2 years on

2 years on and the fan is still pretty good! Only it's gotten louder now and rattles a bit. It also makes clicking sounds and squeaks when it oscillates, which can get annoying at times. It hasn't been dropped or mistreated in anyway but still started to get noisy. But either than that it's still great. I have it running for 24 hours a day sometimes on the hottest days and always sleep with it on. It gets me through the hot nights!

EmmaLouSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not great actually

The fan itself works well and I quite like the blue light at night, although I can see why others wouldn't. It is quite noisy when you turn it up on a hot night but we Queenslanders are used to noisy fans.

What really annoys me is that I can't remove the cover of the fan to dust the blades without an extraordinary amount of effort. There's a little latch down the bottom which is easy to move but the seal around the sides is ridiculously difficult to move.

I have no idea how other people do this, it's so annoying that you can't just unlatch the front off like a normal fan.

Purchased at Appliances Online.

EmmaLou

Thank you so much for getting back to me. PM sent.

Sleep Deprived

I bought the fan today and it is currently 2am in the morning and I’ve been having problems with it all night. Like others I’ve had to come up with a way stop the light from keeping me awake by putting blue tack over it. The bigger problem though is a hum starting to build up more and more throughout the night, that it woke me up about half an hour ago and has kept me awake since then. I will unfortunately be returning this product back to The Good Guys and most likely buy a cheaper one, hopefully similar to my old fan that was cheap but quiet.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $169.00.

Jack
Jack

Great quality

Purchased in January 2020 for $133.00.

Hello Jack,
Thank you for your GREAT feedback, it has all been noted and passed on.

Ian
IanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good quality and easy to assemble

The unit was purchased from Amazon and works fine. Only issue is the remote failed to work , rang Amazon, the remote was not available separately, they would send a complete new unit. As I had destroyed the box it came in I declined so Amazon gave me a $30 refund to my account

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for $152.00.

Hello Ian,
Thank you for your review - happy to hear you're loving your fan.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
SamSydney, NSW

Poor Quality - Dangerous with kids around

This is my second fan in 2 months . In both cases - The plastic rim ( holding the front and back cover ) broke apart releasing the front cover while the fan is in operation . The rim is of very poor quality . I would highly not recommend this with kids around .

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $135.00.

Cmac
CmacSydney Surrounds, NSW

No good in the bedroom

Looks good and makes good wind but..
Humming noise from the motor makes it to loud for bedroom use, even
on the lowest speed
Figure 8 oscillate function is more like an upside down U
I wasted money on a few cheaper fans that were too noisy for sleeping
and this one is unfortunately no better, the best fan I had in the bedroom
was a 15 dollar special a few years ago.
other than that...great.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $150.00.

Hello Cmac,
I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to use the fan in the bedroom but I'm glad you do love it everywhere else in the home.

Far from perfect

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer Online Store for $143.65.

Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC

Good Fan

A very sturdy and quality fan. It is quite powerful and has many modes for how you like the air to be blowing. The remote and settings are very handy. I do not find it too noisy. The one thing I dislike is the bright blue light - makes it impossible to sleep. We put dark sticky tape over it. Thanks to the reviewers here for helping me chose a fan.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $149.00.

Hi Carly,
Thanks for the great review!

Terrella
Terrella

Mum loved it so much I had to go and get another one!

It's a quiet fan and moves a lot of air. The round base is heavy and the fan is a lot more stable than a lot of other pedestal fans.
There are a lot of settings which we don't really make use of but they're there if needed.
The remote is very handy for elderly, injured or disabled people. The buttons are easy to use and suitable for people with limited dexterity.
One of these fans runs for about 95% of the day and night and has never skipped a beat and the motor doesn't get too hot.

Purchase date and price are 'guesstamates' and would be different as we have 2 of them.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $120.00.

Hi Terralla,
Thanks for the great review !

Very Quiet Fan Once You Make A Few Upgrades

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $127.00.

Hi Andrew B,
Thank you for reviewing. I must say if the fan is on Speed 1 it is almost silent. I must say though we would never advise our customers to alter the fan or open it up due to safety concerns.

Jordan
JordanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great fan - nice and quiet

This fan is great, nice and quiet. Excellent speed for the recent hot days/nights we have had lately. The oscillating modes are a good touch (infinity). Only problem is you can't turn of the LED lights and they are really bright. I've just resorted to tying a sock around it to block it out

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Hi Jordan,
Thank you for the feedback. The FA8900 is a great fan. I will pass on you comments in regards to the LED lights to our design and technical team.

Ian
IanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I wanted it to be good but...

I brought this fan today from The Good Guys for $149. It was easy to assemble, looks great, and I really liked the heavy solid pedistal base. However when the fan was on the highest setting it developed and high pitched whining noise, almost like a vibration. I disassembled and reassembed the fan, double checking I'd followed the instructions. The same high pitched whining noise came back when on the highest fan speed. On the lowest speed, the motor is also louder than I expected. Like other reviewers I thought the LED's are way to bright, they really need an (auto) diming function. This is such a pitty as I really wanted it to be good but sadly it wasnt and I'll be returning it and probably head back to Bunnings for a $50 Arlec.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Hi Ian,
Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the issue. The noise you describe is certainly not usual. If you have not already taken it back to the store - please try a replacement unit. These really are great fans.

DavidB
DavidBSouth East Queensland, QLD

BEST FAN I'VE EVER OWNED!

After many years of buying Bunnings Moretti fans we finally got fed up with the noise, breakdowns, and general lack of performance. We looked high and low for a decent fan and found this one on sale at Myer. It is quiet, stylish and has three way oscillation as well as "breeze mode" and a remote control (not necesseary for use as all the functions are on the fan) Its not a cheap unit at $150 on sale but we'll be using it for years... not months.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $150.00.

Hi DavidB ,
Thank you for your great feedback.!

Jacquie
JacquieNorth Queensland, QLD

FANtastic fan.

Really attractive fan. Sturdy. The remote is great and contrary to what others say, the fan is quiet and covers a good area on oscillate. We love it. We looked at a variety of fans and this one was the best.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $155.00.

Hi Jacquie,
Thanks for the great review !

Tamara B.
Tamara B.asked

hi

I have the Sunbeam Fan FA8900 and the blades have broken. How can i buy new ones for this?

Hi Tamara,
If you go to our website attached https://www.sunbeam.com.au & scroll to the end of the page you will find service agents locator. If you click on there you will find one in your local area who should be able to assist you with your enquiry.

M Bod
M Bodasked

Hi. I have used my fan for two summers now. There seems to be moisture on the bottom of the stand base. It’s stained the carpet. Is the moisture normal? Or is something wrong??

Hi M Bod,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Rafaelasked

I have this fan for many years, and tonight, while I was sleeping, I woke up with a noise, and when I realized the reason, it was the fan. The frame that holds together the front and back protection grills just snapped and the front grill fell. Where can I find a replacement frame? As everything seems to still be working.
thanks

Hi Rafael,
Unfortuantely we don;t keep replacment stands for fans. Sorry I couldn't assist you.

Rafael

Good to know you don`t have spares. It helps me to select better the manufacturer of my future appliances.

Sharon S.
Sharon S.

Same here, one of my blades broke off & now the whole thing is rendered useless.
How hard is it to sell replacement parts??

See all Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Features:

• Sunbeam’s tri-movement oscillation provides a savvy upgrade on pedestal fans that just blow air directly onto you. It moves air in various formations, including vertically, horizontally and in a Figure 8 air shape, for maximum effectiveness at providing relief on sweltering days.
  • Fan panel or remote control (with batteries included) can be used to select from 6 speeds, the wind formation mode and time functions
  • A sturdy pedestal base and stand effectively supports the fan, helping to prevent an tip-overs and increasing safety (provided caution around the fan is always taken).
CategoryStandalone Fans