Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900

Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900 (page 4 of 5)

MPNs: 36013667, 5172 and FA8900

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now

• Power

Muzza

MuzzaMelbourne

Great Fan

I have had this fan for over a year, but only used it in 2 summers. Compared to my old fan this one is super quiet. I've lost the remote over winter, so I just use manual. At night, the blue LEDs are bright, but a post-it note over the top helps a lot. I love the timer. On the hot nights, I set it to an hour and that is enough to get me off to sleep comfortably.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Leigh

LeighSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best fan i have owned.

6 speed settings, quiet, solid weighty base, excellent quality, love the fact that it can oscillate both left a d right as well as up and down. Absolutely love the natural wind settings and the fact that it all can be controlled from the remote. Only down side is that the blue lights are way too bright and must be covered up if used in a bedroom so it looses a star for that.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice Quiet design

I love this fan. Its nice and quiet perfect for bedrooms and able to sleep. It goes up down and around in figure 8. It has variable speeds and keeps us cool. Highly recommend this fan if you have trouble sleeping on those hot nights because of the noise of your fan.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sengie

SengieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice quiet fan! Blue light is terrible.

This fan is very quiet which is great. The bad part is the blue light that is emitted. I woke up the other night and the room was fully illuminated. We have had to cover up the display each night to allow us to sleep. Would be more suited to a lounge room.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
GJR

GJRSydney, NSW

Top fan on perfromance and price

I saw this fan in The Good Guys and I was impressed with all of the functions.
I bought one and I can say it is well worth every cent that it cost.
It was easy to assemble with a good pamphlet to guide you,I also noticed it is sturdy and made to last with a heavy base to stop it falling over.

I was even more impressed by its performance. It has six fan speeds and many oscillating modes.
The low speeds on the fan are very efficient due to the 5 blades.
I can use the Sunbeam FA8900 while I am sleeping as it has a very low noise output.

All summed up: Great product, great price and great service from the GOOD GUYS!!

Thank you.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
chris

chris

Good but it has just decided to play up

My fan worked fine until last week and then it will only work up to level 3 speed Anything over that makes no difference. everything else works fine, the batteries are new in the remote, and when you adjust it manually it is the same, It was a good fan

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hyong

HyongAU

Good features but very noisy

The fan has good features and looks good. However my unit produced terrible fan noise.

I initially suspected the motor but when I took out the blade, it was OK.
As soon as I reattached the blade, the unit started to produce noise. All my family
member agreed we could not use the unit.

I have returned the unit on the following day.

I can see some positive feedback here and am not sure whether it is a common issue
or just my unit. The unit displayed at the retail shop also produced the same noise.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
MikWary

MikWarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Packed with features. Vertical Oscillations!

Like other reviewers, in a rental without ceiling fans. This is a great fan for solving that issue. There is a slight hum but nothing more than some ceiling fans. Have bought 2. Bought this model for the vertical oscillations for the kids bunk beds. They love it. 2 year warranty is a bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Racheal.

Racheal.Cannnvale

Meets our needs - but hums

Great product, purchased for large bedroom in a rental without ceiling fans: nice having a choice of speeds/power and oscillation. Suits our needs (but I miss my ceiling fan!) The fan blades are ultra quiet, but that is unfortunately offset with a low hum from motor...not a big deal as we are getting used to it. The blue light is bright, so if having any kind of light in the room annoys, gaffer tape will be your friend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Jess

JessSydney

Love it! Worth every dollar! Definitely recommend!

joe

joe

perfect

we are very happy with this fan,it is powerful enough to cool the medium sized room we have it in,and it is not overly noisy which is a plus point,it is easy to use,and I am happy with it's featuresi would recommend it to friends etc,I also like the round base as I don't stub my foot on it like the previous fans base that we had

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Robert J

Robert JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the quietest fans I've ever used

As others have said, it moves a lot of air with next to no noise. On a medium setting it uses 20w - considerably less than the rated 55w. Didn't originally buy it for the remote control, but wouldn't have it any other way now. The specs say the cord is 270mm, but it's actually 2700mm. An excellent product.

Love this fan

I love everything about this fan. It's really quiet on the low settings and even on high considering how strong it is. I use it to circulate cool air from one room to next. It has great rotate options (up/down, side to side, both - figure 8). Love the remote too. Price is excellent for the high quality and solid build - glad I didn't fork out $100s more unnecessary on another brand. AND I will never buy one of those cheap fans again. Thoroughly recommend to everyone

CBLee

CBLee

Love the Remote Control with this fan

Great feature the remote control. Various setting ranging from soft, to extremely breezy! Extremely quiet, sleek looking with easy to clean blades.

Only one dissatisfaction is the extra bright blue LED display. I have one of my fans (I own 4) in my bedroom, so at night it is way too bright for sleeping so I have had to cover the display. On the upside it is a great nightlight for the kids thought!

Overall I am super happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Joanne06

Joanne06Melbourne

Good for cooling on hot summer nights

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Grant

GrantTuggerah, New South Wales

great, but with a bright flaw

We purchased this fan to use in our bedroom. Overall it is excellent. Powerful, lots of speeds and settings, and most importantly, it's extremely quiet. The hum from the motor people are reporting is not noticeable over the sound of the fan blades. It is also solidly built, great quality.
Unfortunately it has one glaring problem. Bright blue led lights on the front that indicate fan speed. They look fine in daylight, but in the dark completely light up the room. We had to cover them up.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
DrGarry

DrGarryAU

Grand fan, does the job well

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Darren

Darren

fan loses power/output after about 1 year of use

I've now purchased 2 of these fans.
After about 12 months of use, the first fan lost it's speed/output. High speed is like medium speed at best.
I pulled it apart lubricated the motor shaft bush, helped for a while, but soon ended up the same.

Thought I might have just got a bad one, so bought another one. After about 2 years, the replacement fan has done the same thing....

positives - remote control, nice looking fan, good functions, fits in with the loungeroom nicely.
Cons - poor quality motor. Would have expected better from a expensive, reputable brand

Purchase date is approximate

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Gotham

GothamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent value for money

Been using for a month and no issues. The remote is a really handy feature. The fan is silent and has a timer in case you want it off say switch off early morning automatically. The blue light acts as a night lamp so I don't mind it. However an option to turn it off if needed from the unit would be good

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

The BLUE LIGHTS Are killing me!!

I agree. whhaAT / WHos BRIGHT IDEA was it to putblue lights on a fan that then flash and beep! If I wanted s blue room I would have bought a lava lamp! Can everyone write,email, tweet sunbeam !I
It's actually borderline ridiculous however it says I need to write more so yeah LETS TELL SUNBEAM

See all Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900 reviews

Bethel h.

Bethel h.asked

Can you tell me how to unlock fan so i can clean the blades.

Lory

Loryasked

Hi I've had this fan for a few years now and it's started to rattle and squeak when oscillating. Any ideas how I can fix it? It's keeping me awake it's so loud lol

Ian
Ian

May be buy a replacement as I don't know that it is serviceable by anyone.

waytogohere
waytogohere

Same issue here, and we have three of these, all clicking or popping with each oscillation. Annoying when trying to sleep having a loud click every 20 seconds or so.

Ron W.asked

The top speed is just like a 1 setting

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Ron W,
If you feel like there is a fault in the motor, please do return it to your retailer for a replacement.

Ron W.

We got this as a Christmas present Dec 2018. They gave us the instruction booklet but no receipt. By the way because we were so pleased with this make and model we bought a 2nd one which still operates perfectly.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Features:

• Sunbeam’s tri-movement oscillation provides a savvy upgrade on pedestal fans that just blow air directly onto you. It moves air in various formations, including vertically, horizontally and in a Figure 8 air shape, for maximum effectiveness at providing relief on sweltering days.
  • Fan panel or remote control (with batteries included) can be used to select from 6 speeds, the wind formation mode and time functions
  • A sturdy pedestal base and stand effectively supports the fan, helping to prevent an tip-overs and increasing safety (provided caution around the fan is always taken).
CategoryStandalone Fans