Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900

Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900 (page 5 of 5)

MPNs: 36013667, 5172 and FA8900

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now

• Power

Greg ETownsville

Running slow after 10 months

Purchased last January and has been a good fan until the last couple of months or so when the highest speed setting is more like medium and every setting below this even slower. Will be returning under warranty to Good Guys Townsville before warranty runs out in about 20 days.

Greg E

Update on this. Successfully returned to Good Guys for new unit which actually has a two year warranty. The first one may also have had 2 years warranty but my receipt from Good Guys didnt indicate this. Replacement working fine.

Dear Greg E,
Thank you for your feedback. Should you experience any issues, please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861.
Kind Regards

JayGee

JayGeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good, but a few annoyances

The fan is well built, and looks good. A few annoying things though:

1. The lights on the fan are very bright, and a little annoying if being used in a bedroom at night, and there is no option to dim the lights.

2. The remote control "Speed" button only allows you to increase the speed, not decrease - meaning you have to cycle through all the speeds just to get to a lower speed.

3. There is a constant "hum" in the fan electronics which you can hear when the fan is on the lowest speed - again, this is annoying if being used in a bedroom whilst sleeping.

Bottom line is - this is not a great bedroom fan

Terese

Terese

Perfect - love it

I did read the long review by oKO and agree to almost everything written there but have to say that I do like the indicator as, as night it's easy to check at which sped it is, specially when it isn't that hot and would like it at 3 rather than 4. You don't have to bother to switch the lights on so love that. It really doesn't disturb as anyways it's kept away and it's not like one would keep looking at it. I would recommend this fan besides the fact that it's an excellent fan having owned it for more than 6 months it was very easy to assemble. Thank you Sunbeam

learsport59

learsport59

Good product

So far so good. Slight hum from fan but not too annoying. I like the remote control options and the fan is fairly quiet + appears well made. 2 year warranty. Previous fan I bought was far too noisy (avoid "high velocity" fans, fans with metal blades and fans with only 3 speed setting options).

Hum has driven me insane!

I bought this fan 3 days ago, and after reading all the reviews I thought Sunbeam hold a good reputation and would give it a go. The aesthetics look great, stylish and fits well with modern decor.....then its all down hill from there. Biggest fault is the humming of the motor noise. Fan blades when running are extremely quiet, but its the constant loud noise of the motor that has forced me to return to JBHI.. I do not recommend this to anyone has wants a quiet/stress free sleep! Sunbeam should recall the model....

oKo

oKo

Could be better...but better than most.

Jenn

JennMelbourne

Not so quiet - engine humming very annoying

the humming of the engine I can hear from the room next to me. Either mine is faulty or the fan engine on all of them is quite noisy. No matter what the setting, this I didn't hear in the shop

spoofy

spoofyQueensland

The hum is a big problem

As others pointed out, the fan engine emits electrical hum.
The actual fan motor is quiet, but the hum is heard regardless of fan setting
Note the hum can actually be quiet at times, but can also get extremely headache-inducing loud !

To be fair, it has decent functions, solid base and looks nice, but it wasn't enough to keep it.
An expensive fan shouldn't have this problem, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

shane

shaneadelaide

very good product

One fault, there seems to be no difference in fan speed when changing from the 3rd to the 4th fan speed setting l will be contacting sunbeam about this, otherwise good product quite sturdy and seems to well made, the fan speed lights do not bother me, price was right would recomend.

fan speed settings

OvenBaked

OvenBakedSydney

Above average pedestal fan. Some flaws such as beeping buttons and blue lights

catdidit

catdiditAU

Whisper Quiet

Gulfstream

GulfstreamSydney

Needs to be recalled

waytogohereMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Mostly Good with a few little niggles

ZENGYUANQUAN
ZENGYUANQUAN

NICE

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi waytogohere, thank you for your feedback which will be forwarded onto our Design and Technology teams for review.

Doug5Sydney

Great in the shop – rubbish in reality

Whisper quite for first week then every night after an hour of operation the motor starts buzzing intermittingly.

Thought it was a one off problem but I’m on my third one and it does the same thing.
The buzzing is so loud and very annoying as it starts just after you fall asleep.

God I miss Japanese made products! I think Chinese manufacturing is just happy it looks like a fan!

How hard can it be to make a simple fan to work?
This product is absolute [inappropriate language removed]!!!
Quiet in the shop
3rd one - very loud buzzing after one hour of operation -BUZZ-quiet-BUZZ-quiet-BUZZ-quiet-ARRRRRRR

Doug5

Hello Poppy - I have tried contacting you via the telephone number you provided but you are on holidays.

I presume the above email is an automated response.

fan.boy

fan.boyAdelaide

Great quiet fan

Sheldoor

SheldoorAU

Best pedestal fan

I can't score this fan high enough.. Whisper quiet on first 2 settings, yet ample for bedroom, and then gets louder on the next 4 settings, as more wind is generated.. Figure 8 Oscillation mode is excellent. Finally a fan I can fall asleep to again.. I am not a fan of noisy fans!!!!
Quiet!!!! Oscillation mode!!!!!
Too many bright LEDs. I put tape over the first blue ones for sleeping.

See all Sunbeam Infinity 40cm FA8900 reviews

Bethel h.

Bethel h.asked

Can you tell me how to unlock fan so i can clean the blades.

Lory

Loryasked

Hi I've had this fan for a few years now and it's started to rattle and squeak when oscillating. Any ideas how I can fix it? It's keeping me awake it's so loud lol

Ian
Ian

May be buy a replacement as I don't know that it is serviceable by anyone.

waytogohere

Same issue here, and we have three of these, all clicking or popping with each oscillation. Annoying when trying to sleep having a loud click every 20 seconds or so.

Ron W.asked

The top speed is just like a 1 setting

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Ron W,
If you feel like there is a fault in the motor, please do return it to your retailer for a replacement.

Ron W.

We got this as a Christmas present Dec 2018. They gave us the instruction booklet but no receipt. By the way because we were so pleased with this make and model we bought a 2nd one which still operates perfectly.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Features:

• Sunbeam’s tri-movement oscillation provides a savvy upgrade on pedestal fans that just blow air directly onto you. It moves air in various formations, including vertically, horizontally and in a Figure 8 air shape, for maximum effectiveness at providing relief on sweltering days.
  • Fan panel or remote control (with batteries included) can be used to select from 6 speeds, the wind formation mode and time functions
  • A sturdy pedestal base and stand effectively supports the fan, helping to prevent an tip-overs and increasing safety (provided caution around the fan is always taken).
CategoryStandalone Fans