FoodSaver VS1190

FoodSaver VS1190

MPN: VS1190

Pros

• Cordless, compact design

• Simple to store

• Great suction that preserves food

4.9

Trisha F

Trisha FSydney, NSW

Perfect little gadget for my kitchen

Purchased in March 2021 at Appliances Online for $89.00.

Rosie

RosieCanberra 2600, ACT

Kitchen must have

We were sent the Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1190 to try and LOVE it. It is compact, easy to use and powerful. We have had less food waste as a result of vacuum sealing which makes me so happy. It has fast become a kitchen must have for us. The containers do take a little longer to seal than the bags but can be reused over and over which is awesome!

Fiona M

Fiona MNSW, 2155

Love being able to keep food fresh!

I was provided the FoodSaver VS1190 to try and I love how my food stays fresher for longer! It’s easy to prepare salads in advance. The handheld sealer is compact so doesn’t take up too much space and the plastic containers come in great sizes. The charger is also compact.

I find the bags perfect as you know exactly when the food is sealed. The containers take a bit more time to vacuum out the air. If you want to re-seal the container (like maybe at a picnic) make sure you bring the FoodSaver with you.

Overall a great option to keep your feed fresher for longer!

matildasmummy

matildasmummyPerth, WA

Wish I’d discovered it sooner!

Brilliant product, such a great time saver for working mums like myself and perfect for buying in bulk and food prepping all our meals for the week, I wish I had found it sooner!

Purchased in November 2020.

Kristen

Kristen South East Queensland, QLD

Love it!!

The compact FoodSaver is so convenient and easy to use. I can’t believe the difference it makes in keeping food fresh! Now that I own one, I couldn’t live without it. It’s perfect for leftovers and especially for fruit and veg. Definitely recommend!

Jaclyn

JaclynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Perfect Addition in our Kitchen

I love cooking and making healthy food for the family. You can use many things with this tiny yet powerful appliance. We use it to preserve snacks, can make it crucnchy and still healthy, veggies and best of all marinades. It’s great addition in our kitchen.

Monika

MonikaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Keeps food fresher for longer

FoodSaver became my favourite item in the kitchen. It keeps my fruit and veg fresh throughout the week. I prep all my veggies once a week now and store them in the FoodSaver containers. I grab them when I am ready to cook and reseal the rest for the next day. It saves me time and keeps the produce fresh and yummy. It is small so it’s easy to store. And the best part: I don’t waste food anymore!

Purchased in November 2020.

Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It literally is a food saver!

I use my FoodSaver every single and and I use it for everything: fruits, veggies, deli products, marinating meat and fish etc. Just recently we stored all our fresh food in FoodSaver containers and left on a over a week long holiday - the food was still fresh when we came back. It’s tiny, easy to store and powerful. I highly recommend it!

Louise J.

Louise J.Perth, WA

What a difference!

Since using the Sunbeam handheld foodsaver I am reluctant to go back to my old Tupperware containers and lunch boxes. The food is so much fresher, especially when it comes to cold lunches and salads. Work lunches are actually being eaten now!! Love it!

Purchased in December 2020.

Ines Fernandes

Ines FernandesRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Incredible!

Honestly life changing. As someone that uses a lot of fresh produce it’s actually impressive to find something that does make a difference. Storage and keeping things fresh is a main issue for me and with the vacuum system, I don’t feel the pressure to be having to eat everything and anything just because it may go off and I can save it in the containers and bags, withdrawing the air from them and keeping the items fresh for longer. I won’t go back to normal bags or containers, no!

Renae311

Renae311Illawarra, NSW

Love it

Love this product. The handheld device makes it very convenient and easy to use!
    I like to meal prep at the start of the week and again mid-week and find it keeps my food fresh for longer.

Purchased in December 2020.

JanPerth, Western Australia

Great little gizmo and great customer service from Sunbeam

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for $78.00.

sharwill

sharwillsunshine coast

BEST little vacuum sealer that works so well

Nads21

Nads21Illawarra, NSW

Love this device

I got this had held vaccum sealer not long ago and absolutely love it. Have used the bags on so many different foods from my frozen foods for the freezer to dry foods for the pantry and can't rave enough about it and the bags are reusable and wash up great. One thing I would love food saver to introduce for this sealer is bigger size bags. The containers that come with the vacuum sealer are so good and easy to use. I had some freshly picked mushrooms and they stayed so fresh for when I was ready to use them. If you love food and want to keep your food fresh for longer and stop throwing food away I would highly recommend.

Thank you for your awesome Feedback.

Big things from a little product

I got the Handheld Food Saver a couple of weeks ago and I am incredibly happy with the product. It does all it says it will do.
    I have various food saver products and this is by far my favourite. It is so easy to use and takes up minimal space in my kitchen.
    My kids even use it now to keep their snacks fresh.

Customer CareSunbeam

So GLAD you and the kids LOVE it !

Compact and efficient

Received this product and quickly found that it was convenient to use. I also have a full size food saver product with vacuum attachment, but this product is so much easier to use for just vacuuming. Food stays fresh for much longer in the containers and the ziplock bags are great for things like cheese slices, cookie dough etc. Am looking forward to using this in our camper trailer as I think it will be terrific due to its small size.

Love this product!

Denise M.

Denise M.Sydney, NSW

Amazing product!

Purchased in August 2019 at Sunbeam Australia for $89.95.

Hi Denise M.
    Thank you for the great review! This little guy is a fantastic time saver and cost saver. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Steph

StephSydney, NSW

This machine should officially have its name change from “FoodSaver” to “StrawberrySaver”.

I have been using the handheld sealer, containers and zipper bags for a couple of weeks now. So far I have not lost a punnet of strawberries. I have certainly gone days without remember to eat them, but when I get back to them, they’re just as fresh as when I put them in there. I am loving how handy this little machine is. It takes up zero bench space and because its right there I’m using it for everything. It’s keeping my berries, my cheese and my pre-packed lunches so fresh!

Purchased in August 2019 at Sunbeam Australia for $89.95.

Hi Steph,
    Thanks for the great review! This little one is so good. No need for extra bulky appliances!.
    Kind Regards Sunbeam

JKat

JKat

Compact and handy

I bought this little chargeable Foodsaver as an addition to a current Foodsaver I have at home (the Fresh one). It's super handy to keep out on the kitchen worktop, so when I need to do a quick seal of maybe just one thing, I just grab it without having to get the other larger one out of the cupboard and plug it in.

The only slight downside of this one is that it doesn't stop automatically when it is finishing 'sucking', so I am left to guess (hard especially with containers) when the air is totally gone. Saying this, I still love it... And if in doubt - keep sucking!

Hi JKat,
    Thanks for the excellent review! The compact design and use is so much easier isn't it! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Trisha F

Trisha Fasked

How do l get the lid off a container which is sealed. I've released the green button but it's so tight l can't remove it. Can anyone help me?

Brettasked

How long will cooked steak last in the fridge when sealed in the bags ?

Jan

Hi Brett...I would say about a week, but I would check on the pack every other day and top up the seal if you find that some air has leaked in. I've kept cooked sausages for that length of time without any problem. I've not tried beyond a week, so it may even last longer than that if it remains completely sealed all the time.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Brett,
    If you seal it & freeze it will last up to 3 years in your freezer. With your fridge I would say up to 2 weeks.

Janasked

I'm having problems getting the containers (not the bags) to seal. I'm finding that nine times out of 10 the little button will not 'dimple' or drop down, which indicates the container is sealed. I'm pretty sure it's because the lid isn't sitting properly on the container and I've tried every which way to make sure it's well seated but still having problems getting the darn thing to seal. Would appreciate any suggestions you have...thank you! :)

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Jan,
    Ensure the gasket on inside of lid is free from food and debris. Remove the valve cover and check to see if there is any debris in the valve. Clean the valve thoroughly periodically after usage. Ensure lid is firmly pressed down onto the base tray. Hopefully this should help you.

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

Features:

• The Foodsaver VS1190 is a handheld vacuum food sealer that's designed to efficiently vacuum fridge and on-the-go foods, such as your dinner leftovers, salads, fruit, cheese, snacks, and pantry foods.
    • It's light, compact, and cordless - making it eay to store in a kitchen drawer or pantry - you can even take it for use away from home.
    • The unit comes with 3 cup & 5 cup containers, 5 zipper bags, and a charging dock.
    • The charging dock not only offers quick recharging times, but also acts as a convenient storage base when you're not using the sealer.
    • This model costs $89.95, placing it at a lower price point than other vacuum food sealers.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the sealer had great suction for a compact, handheld device, which helped their foods stay fresher for longer.
    • They also liked the cordless, compact design of the model, saying that it made the unit easy to store.
    CategoryFood Sealers