MPN: VS1190

Amazing product!

I have been using for over a month now and didn't know how much it was needed in my kitchen!
I have a small kitchen and this is perfect for the bench space I have.
I am impressed especially with my avocados. Before FoodSaver didn’t use to buy avocados very often because I am the only one who eats it here at home. Now with FoodSaver I can keep my other half of the avocado for a week or more. I am impressed.
I have been vacuum sealing mostly everything (cheese, prosciutto, leftovers…) and I don't remember throwing food in the bin for a while.

I also used the vacuum bags on a trip. I vacuum sealed my hair products and body cream so that it was safe and wouldn't explode in my suitcase. The best part: I took the device with me as it is small and easy to put in my bag, and I was safe on the way back too.

Amazing how we can use this device to different things!

I would highly recommend!

Purchased in August 2019 at Sunbeam Australia for $89.95.

This machine should officially have its name change from “FoodSaver” to “StrawberrySaver”.

I have been using the handheld sealer, containers and zipper bags for a couple of weeks now. So far I have not lost a punnet of strawberries. I have certainly gone days without remember to eat them, but when I get back to them, they’re just as fresh as when I put them in there. I am loving how handy this little machine is. It takes up zero bench space and because its right there I’m using it for everything. It’s keeping my berries, my cheese and my pre-packed lunches so fresh!

Purchased in August 2019 at Sunbeam Australia for $89.95.

Hi Steph, Thanks for the great review! This little one is so good. No need for extra bulky appliances!. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Compact and handy

I bought this little chargeable Foodsaver as an addition to a current Foodsaver I have at home (the Fresh one). It's super handy to keep out on the kitchen worktop, so when I need to do a quick seal of maybe just one thing, I just grab it without having to get the other larger one out of the cupboard and plug it in.

The only slight downside of this one is that it doesn't stop automatically when it is finishing 'sucking', so I am left to guess (hard especially with containers) when the air is totally gone. Saying this, I still love it... And if in doubt - keep sucking!

Hi JKat, Thanks for the excellent review! The compact design and use is so much easier isn't it! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Fresh avocado!

Having not owned a Foodsaver product before i was keen to see what difference air sealing makes to keeping food fresh. I was sick of throwing away half eaten avocados!
So far its been great sealing up my leftovers and sliced fruit etc.
It is really small and easily stored. It is also quick and easy to use. It comes packaged with some great containers and bags so you can start sealing straight away. Would definitely recommend!

Hi Pete Jennings, Thanks for the great review! Enjoy. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Fresh and Easy!

The FoodSaver is super easy to use and keeps my leftovers incredibly fresh. Very handy for food prep at the start of the week, keeping all my work lunches delicious!

Purchased in August 2019.

Hi Blake M, Thanks for the excellent review. Our VS1190 is very useful and compact. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Compact, functional and you can take it anywhere

Already a big fan of the FoodSaver product range, I have been using the plug in versions for years - as it says on the box they keep food fresh for longer and they virtually eliminate waste. Now I have the handheld version which a great addition to the kitchen. It performs the same function as previous models but takes up very little bench space, but the thing I like most is that it can be taken out of the kitchen say camping or on picnics. The suction is not quite as powerful as the plug in models (vacuum sealing takes just a few seconds longer), but this is a fair trade off for its compact size and portability. I would 100% recommend.

Purchased in August 2019.

Hi Brettski, Thank you for the great review! We love this little unit too. Very handy to take any where. Enjoy! Kind Regards Sunbeam

So easy to use!

This product is so easy to use and keeps our food fresher for so much longer. We had some sliced strawberries and I ‘food saver-ed’ them in the re-useable zip lock bag and I can't believe how fresh they stayed - it was like we just sliced them. Have used for cheese, avocados, vegetable soup, sliced fruit & veg. Would definitely recommend this product to others. There is nothing I hate more than food waste, and this solves that issue!

Thanks for the great review Tania! This little unit is fantastic. Can be taken with you anywhere! We love it too. Kind regards Sunbeam.

It's so compact and so fun to use!

It started with a bag of kumquats from my friend's garden. As the fruit ripens at the speed of light, I kept putting them in the freezer. But I was hoping the citrus would last a bit longer so I don't have to defrost them to enjoy. A Google search led me to the Foodsaver system, and with this new compact sealer, it was the perfect solution for my small kitchen! I love how easy it is to use (and it's fun to create vacuum in the zipper bag!) The containers are great for my leftovers - pasta, rice and salads just taste so much fresher. This sealer is such a cool kitchen appliance that takes up very little space on the bench! It’s an excellent product if you want to reduce food wastage.

Hi aioros, Thanks for the great reveiw! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Loving my FoodSaver!

I wanted to get a vacuum sealer for a long time but I couldn't because of my small kitchen size. When I saw the size of this product I didn't think it twice. What an amazing solution to all the food that I was wasting!!
I can now keep my half avocados, fruits, cheese and many other meals perfectly sealed...and it works so fast!! I love it

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $90.00.

Hi RiverPlate, Thanks for the great review. Enjoy!

Strong little sucker

I’m a big fan of vacuum sealing but when I moved there wasn’t space in my smaller kitchen for it on the bench and so I haven’t really been using it. When I saw this little guy I got pretty excited because it takes up basically no room. I use this zipper bags for my cheese and get heaps more life out of it. The added bonus of using the containers is the amount of plastic I’m not sending to landfill. I’ve been portioning up lunches in advance and they’ve been lasting really well. Planning to get some more containers for storing veggies in the fridge.

Purchased in August 2019 at Sunbeam Australia for $90.00.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the great review. Enjoy!

You little beauty!

A friend of mine has been trying to get me to by a foodsaver machine for ages but i always worried i wouldn't use it enough for the size of it and the cost...then this little version comes along and boy am i am impressed! it's tiny..like fits in your hand tiny. It's also so much quieter than my friends larger one. So far i've used the containers for my avocados and strawberries and put my cheese in the reseal bags. I am only 5 days into having this but already i'm loving it so much.

Hi Mount Eve, Thank you so much for the great review!. We love this little one too. Kind Regards, Sunbeam