Sunbeam FoodSaver VS4300

Sunbeam FoodSaver VS4300 (page 2 of 3)

MPN: 35903089

Overkill with the oversuck

If anyone else has this problem,I would be interested to hear. When I vacuum eg vanilla biscuits, it sucks so much that the biscuits break. Just purchase the VS4300, it vacuumed out the liquid from cake. Am I doing something wrong, there is no instruction booklet..I only wanted to keep the biscuits fresher for longer.

Mara B

Mara BPerth, WA

Save yourself the hassle and money

Brought my sunbeam back in July and figured because of Christmas it would be perfect!, couldn't have been any further from perfect if it actually did work... vaccum doesn't work... bags leak... works if and when it wants to and for maybe 3 bags and that is it, would love to just get my money back and you can have your crap product

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Bought and returned it the next day

Tried the Breville that didn't seal properly so I thought I'd spend a bit extra and get the Sunbeam VS6100 Spent nearly 2 hours trying to figure out how the canisters worked. No matter what I did they would not succion any air out. The bag sealer seemed OK but then I didn't do too many to give it a good go I wanted the function of both cansisters and bag sealers. So now I had the pleasure of returning it back to the store, they told me no refund because I had already used it, dahh how else would you know if it works or not unless you try it!! Sales lady ( ex Sunbeam employee) also could not get it to work, so finally I got my money back, Now I'm trying a 3rd brand "Maxkon" maybe three times lucky!

Kelly

Kelly

Absolute crap

Just purchased the food saver to seal our food for camping and it only sealed 4 bags before it break itself and won't seal anymore. Two of the bags didn't vac. Not the first sunbeam product i have purchased and have had poor results. Next time I will be choosing another brand.

Garbage

Purchased one a few days ago only to find it doesn't turn on. I replaced it today only to find this one doesn't turn on either. I really wished that I had read these reviews earlier. When I buy I product I expect it to work. Especially disappointing that this was made by Sunbeam; an until recently reliable brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Absolute rubbish device with massive design flaws and poor quality

Purchased one two days ago, from the first attempt it failed. Tried meats, nuts, herbs and veggies all in different bags, sizes, etc. This unit would not vacuum enough so when the seal was complete the bags were still full of air! The sealing strip also failed in my Sous Vide almost instantly (at only 72C). Totally disappointed, luckily Harvey Norman was good and refunded me for the purchase. Huge mistake buying this shoddy product. Please be careful!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Lill

LillTully Heads

I have had enough of Sunbeam

Bought a Foodsaver from Retravision, after 2 weeks it stopped vacuuming, brought it back to the store, they checked what they had in stock. 2 didn't work at all, 1 worked ok so brought it home. Managed to do 3 packages before this one also died. Gave up and got my money back, thought it could have been a bad batch. Bought one from The Good Guys. Worked 5 times and died. Will never buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Adrian

AdrianBunbury

Ok when its working

This is my second one , its a shame because when they do work they actually work well , pump doesn't take long to get noisy and the heat strips seem to give up on these things , spare parts should be readily available for these things to be repaired but my understanding is they're throw away job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Won't turn on or work

Just bought but got home and plugged in and does not work - will be taking back tomorrow and won't be getting another one - very disappointing Sunbeam - and I see others have had the same issue so you should remove the product before your reputation really sinks now have to drive back to the shop another 1 hour I won't get back

David
David

Turns out we just had to press harder to get the product working - so overall a lot happier with it and doing its job

Tim

TimSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

works efficiently

I bought this product to store meat for a long time without freezer burn, it is a little bit tricky to use at first and this resulted in a couple of the bags not sealing correctly. Works well and is very cheap if you use the generic bag rolls from Ebay.

Absolute crap

Bought 1 from Goodguys this morning after sales person said they were great for the price, took it home plugged it in no motor running nothing totally dead.
Went back to GoodGuys and told them, then they proceeded to advise me that they had previous same problems with a lot of their stock, sales person got another one plugged it in & guess what nothing dead also, so got full refund back.
Seriously why hasn't this product been recalled buy Sunbeam and taken off all store shelves, terrible service by Sunbeam l bought it as l never have a problem with their products but this one is definitely a lemon.

NatPerth

Disappointed

VS4300 bought Saturday, 2 days ago. Used Sunday to seal 6 packages of fish. Used today, Monday, worked first time and then NO lights and NO sealing. Have food ready to seal and I now have to go back to Good Guys and get replaced or refund from the sales lady that said it was crap in the first place and we didn't believe her. So frustrating!

Nat

Thanks for your response Sunbeam. I took machine back to Good Guys and they were able to fix it for me and have had no problems the few times I've used it since. Thanks

MargieCentral Queensland, QLD

Not happy!

Bought one of these in June 2013, only model available at the time and only used it a few times when my son was here fishing, followed the instructions to the letter but noticed it getting harder and harder to get a vacuum - even bought different plastic rolls in case that was the problem, put it away until yesterday and now it won't work at all!

Margie

Thanks. We've found other Sunbeam products to be very reliable so this is disappointing.

Disgusted

DisgustedHunter Region, NSW

Absolute rubbish !

I had a smaller version of this lasted 10yrs. Bought the Vac430 as that was all they had at Big W when I needed a new one ... it is rubbish trouble even trying to seal the bags ..and worse still does not vacuum all the air out and takes so many goes to even get it to vacuum at all and it is not even 12 months old ...would never recommend it to anyone ... very very disappointing it cost well over $100.00 so you would expect some decent quality of product.

Krankywitch

KrankywitchAU

3 Strikes and I'm out

Mark

Mark

Pretty average.

Bought this to store fish fillets in the freezer. Used it only a handful of times and now it doesn't get hot enough to seal anymore or just gets stuck in vac mode. Worked ok before this but doesn't really suck out all the air. Unit is approx 12-18 months old, obviously built with redundancy in mind. Tried to call the customer service line but it hung up on me due to the high volume of calls being received, wonder why.

Liz C

Liz CBallarat

Very disappointed after my previous Sunbeam Vac.

After having a very good run out of my previous Sunbeam Vac ( about 12 years old), I purchased this one about 12 months ago. Unlike my previous model, I, like many others, can only process a few bags at a time. Not practical as simply buying a couple of kg of bacon, snags etc can take ages of frustrating time to process. I don't think it vacuums as well as the old one either. Obviously they are no longer made in the same factory. I will certainly not be buying another Sunbeam vac.

Nicole

NicoleMelbourne

Disappointed

I'm about to return after one day of trying to use this machine. I followed instructions but finding it does not vacuum enough air out of the bags.
I wish I had read all the blogs before purchasing. I went with a well known brand. I'm really disappointed in the results.

Gayle Roche

Gayle RocheGreenway 2900, ACT

Disgusted with product

Dont buy this machine. I purchased one and it stopped working just out of warranty.. Spoke to Sunbeam and they replaced it under Goodwill.

I have discovered the new one no longer heats. A piece of rubbish. I dont want to have to throw away this machine because they dont have parts for them. They offered my a 30% discount.

So far so good!

At first I couldn't get it working - no vac, no seal. Then I discovered the problem way with me.

It seems the instructions could be a little more detailed - I found success when I first removed most of the air from the bag and then put it in the machine per the instructions. I then leant down hard on the 'lid' (as opposed to pressing the two sides as instructed) and voilà! Perfect vac and seal.

So far, so good!

Wayne A N

Wayne A Nasked

I have a vs4500 and it seems to clamp down tight on the bag during the vacuum process and does not allow the air to be sucked out of bag.
You can see lid is being sucked closed

adamrussell1979asked

Hi, I have VS6100 food saver. It was working perfectly for the first 6 weeks now today it has developed a problem where the vacuum pump won't switch off and seal. The pump just keeps running. If I hit the seal button it lets in air and then seals. It is not vacuuming the air out and maintaining pressure, switching off the pump and sealing.

I have tried multiple bags ..
I have cleaned the gaskets and the vacuum channel...
I have made sure the bags are lying perfectly flat and are positioned perfectly in the middle of the vacuum channel and the channel is free of obstructions.

Any other ideas why it has stoped working as it should ?

Cheers

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi adamrussell1979,
Thank you for your question. We can also suggest ensuring the 'rough' side of the bag/roll is on the under side directly on the sealing strip and that the gap from the food level to the edge of the bag is 7-10 cms. If this does not resolve, and your VS6100 was purchased withing the last 12 mths- please return it to the store.

adamrussell1979

Hi, Thanks for the extra tips. Unfortunately they did not work, I will take it back to the store.
Cheers

Bev Muir

Bev Muirasked

Why is it not sealing Very disappointed with it less than a year old?
Green light comes on some times some times only red light comes on

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Bev Muir, I would like you to give our Customer Care Team a call so they can go through some troubleshooting with you. You can reach them on 1300 881 861...

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryFood Sealers