Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300

MPN: VS1300

Jez

JezSydney, NSW

Issue with the containers

The containers worked well for around 4 months. Now neither them will hold a vacuum for longer than 6 hours despite ensuring the seals are free of debris and clean

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$40.00.

Jonsey

JonseyPerth, WA

Most useless Kitchen aid I have ever bought.

The lids of the very expensive containers do not seal properly so are quiet useless. The bags are quiet small so not useful for more than 1 serving. Very disappointing product , I've ended up having to buy amother vacuum sealer.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$99.00.

JayKay

JayKaySouthwest, VIC

Container lids a poor fit and kept popping off. Sunbeam customer service poor.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Terry

TerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bag lose suction

I have had this for a while. I bought a lot of bags and containers thinking it was going to save me so much time. The bags are supposed to be re-sealable. But they never ever keep the air out. They lose suction after a few days. It does NOT do what its meant to. I tried taping up the hole after sucking out the air with no luck. I tried a new box of bags thinking I had a lemon set, but None have worked for me.

Purchased in January 2019.

CKL

CKLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Product For Prolonging Fresh Food

We got this product on special at Harvey Norman by accident. Lovely product, very easy to use with the Foodsaver containers and bags. Yes, the bags do lose vacuum after a week, but the containers were good. Able to keep produce fresher longer in the container, and we are in the process of getting more containers as a result. A word for Harvey Norman; very quick shipping and kept us in the loop via Facebook messenger was very good experience.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Hello CKL,
Thank you for the great review! Glad to hear you're loving it.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect accompaniment in the kitchen

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$70.00.

Hi Mortishia,
Thank you for you great review and helpful tips.

Mortishia

Thank you for reviewing my review. Happy owner

JKat

JKat

This has ACTUALLY changed my life

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi JKat,
Thank you for the fantastic review! The container lids are a bit tricky. They need to be extremely sealed and are stubborn to remove or place on. Kind Regards,

Pugawawa

PugawawaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish there was more detailed 'how to use' manual

I want to love this product but found my first effort of using the bags in the refrigerator a miserable fail. I've googled a lot but apart from blanching vegies for freezing, very little help on how to use for short term refrigeration. I want to use mainly for cucumbers, celery , avocado etc. I want to know when to use bags & when to use containers & how to prepare for refrigeration. Any help out there?

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Scott

ScottGeelong

Works well but...

This is a great little gadget for family's to keep food fresh for longer and it does exactly what it says, I do wish that it came with a few more containers as buying new ones are quite expensive and I also wish there was an option to freeze your vacuum sealed food as I would use that more. Overall though its a good product, works well on fruit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

kgmgim

kgmgim

Nifty food vacuum device

Very happy with the food saver and highly recommend it. The unit has a small foot print. As well as prolonging the life of foods, it increases the amount of space in both fridge and freezer. The plastic bags are reusable and the unit can be also be used with the sunbeam containers. Only criticism, is there should be different sized bags and the cost of the containers. I would love to exclusively use these containers in both our fridge and freezer, however it would be too costly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Janinemelbourne

Great to avoid wastage

This is my new favourite kitchen appliance.
Fresh homemade bread was going mouldy within 2 days due to the humidity at the moment and it goes stale more quickly if put in the fridge (scientific fact apparently) so started putting in the 10 cup capacity foodsaver, definitely get an extra couple of days.
Have found with avocados they stay fresher for longer in the bags over the containers, but still impressive either way.
It has a small footprint too, I just leave mine on the bench.
Fantastic way to reduce the amount that gets thrown away due to spoiling

Jet S.

Jet S.Sydney

Best kitchen gadget I've bought all year!

Fresher for longer! Not only is it small and easy to store in a cupboard or drawer it is incredibly effective! Every week despite how hard I try bag loads of spoiled fruit and vegetables and containers of leftovers end up in the bin. With the Food Saver I can keep prepared meals in the fridge for twice as long as I once would have. Both my food wastage and grocery bill has significantly reduced thanks to the Food Saver. The glass containers make selecting a meal from the fridge easy and are a huge time-saver.

Natasha

Natasha

Say goodbye to soggy berries!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Reduced wastage + fresh food!

I have found the Foodsaver to be a game changer in terms of reducing my food wastage. Too often previously I would have crackers go stale, veggies go limp or cheese dry out after doing a big shop and then not getting through everything quickly enough. Now, my big shops actually last twice as long!

I’ve loved it using for avocados, cheese leftovers and pre-chopped veggie crudités. It was suprisingly easy to use, and quite compact as well.

Kassia

KassiaSydney

Reducing waste and keeping food fresh

The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300 is a great way to keep food fresher for longer. I have loved using it for avocados, fruit and cheese - foods that go off if not consumed quickly. It's easy to use and if you have the bench space you can leave it out so it's accessible. I have also loved that I am reducing my waste as I am not using the cling wrap to store food. The containers are great and even the vacuum zipper bags are reusable.

Angie T

Angie Tsydney

Keeping it Fresh

Loving my foodsaver. I'm not longer wasting money and I'm able to keep food which I would usually have to throw away. Love how it keeps my avocados green. Meat, fish and poultry fresh. Herbs green, cheese doesn't go mouldy. Keeps my crackers crunchy. It's nice and compact so doesn't waste much bench space. It suctions super quick and is so easy to use.

lisanow

lisanowIllawarra, NSW

Saves food, money and my environmental fooprint

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Super quick and easy to use :)

It takes 10 seconds to vacuum seal your food and is just as big as a kettle, so it now permanently stays on the my kitchen bench. Definitely the best way to save your everyday food from going off! Perfect for my family of 5 that can waste a lot of food, particularly fruit and vegetables.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Works great if prepared to take extra time

Using the food saver for vegetables has been great especially avocados.
It has worked to keep them fresh longer however I will admit often times I have not been bothered to pull the machine out as I live in a small apartment so it needs to be put away.
Would be great for people with the time!

Sunday Prep

I've had this for a few weeks now. It's Sunday and just made our work lunches for the week using the containers, and made up all the kids school snacks using the zipper bags. The vacuum seal keeps the food fresh through the week and I save time so my busy week mornings are so much calmer