FoodSaver Fresh VS1300

Listing monitored by FoodSaver

13 questions from our users

Belinda Wheeler
Belinda Wheelerasked

Hi I have just received the VS1300 and I’m very excited to use it however I was after one that came with bags you could meat in and store in the freezer, does this model have freezer bags you can buy online for this?

Hello Belinda Wheeler.

A number of retailers sell the bags online, see them below:

Fred
Fredasked

You say only hard type of cheese should be stored in vacuum containers. Can you define a bit more for example are Gouda and Edam classified as hard? What about Brie and Camembert?

Annied8
Annied8asked

How can I stop the small hard disc on the reuseable zipper bags from coming off the bags as they will not seal properly. Can I use an adhesive to re-attach them?

Annied8
Annied8asked

Kangaroo J.
Kangaroo J.asked

Hello Can the containers go in the freezer?

You mentioned the heat seal bags can be washed and reused , just making sure I understood this correctly.

JayKay
JayKay

Yes, there is a “snowflake” symbol on the bottom of the vac container, indicating that it can be put in the freezer. It can also go in the microwave. There are two types of bagging you can do - one is heat seal, as you have mentioned. Re-use is not recommended for meat and sometimes it’s hard to get the odour out of the bag if you put something like fish in it. The other type of bag is for the upright VS1300 machine which has a double ziplock at the top and a flat valve that the machine goes on top of and sucks out the air. It means you can unzip, take out something and re-vac the bag. These are also suitable for the freezer. Good luck getting the container to maintain the seal, though. Only one of mine worked. Sunbeam didn’t explain why the other three didn’t hold the seal. They were just happy that I could return them *sigh*. Not really backing-up their product.

Lizzyasked

Can you get replacement parts in particular the vacum port? Great product but can't get rid of the smell of fish from the port.

Mortishia
Mortishia

Honestly, not certain. Have you inquired with Sunbeam? Another tip, vinegar and bicarbonate mixed together, let soak overnight. I use vinegar when raw egg products are on any of my kitchenware. Will try and look further into your request and hopefully get back to you.

Lizzy

Thank you will try the vinegar and bicarb.

Annasked

Some of the containers we have about 10 use all the time very good product, only hold the seal for about 2 hours

Ann

How can I answer my own question

Hello Ann,
Glad to hear you are loving the containers As for the seal, the containers might have not been closed completely before they were vacuumed.
Please press firmly at each corner of the container then vacuum the air out.

Please also check the green rubber seal, to see that it is sitting evenly and correctly. If it has lifted, or is bent just a little that space is enough to let in air. Also if you can please check that there are no crumbs or food debris on the Container Lid, rubber seal or Vacuum Valve, as these will also cause a little space that will let in air and prevent air an even seal.

Micman
Micmanasked

I see one user saying they use the zipper bags in the freezer however nobody from Sunbeam state they are designed to be used in the freezer as well as the refrigerator can you please confirm the zipper bags are okay to be used to freeze food as well?

Hello Micman,
Bags that are heat sealed can definitely go in the fridge or freezer. Bags can also be re-used by washing in the top shelf of dishwasher or in hot soapy water. Bags are BPA free and ideal for Sous Vide cooking

As for Zipper bags, they have a quick open & close closure and are used for foods that are frequently opened, or for food on the go. They do not have a permanent seal such as the heat seal bags, therefore we don’t recommend them for the freezer as some moisture may get into the zipper bags.

ernie F.
ernie F.asked

where to buy extra container in WA

Hi ernie F.,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Major retailers e.g - Harvey Norman, Thee Good Guys, Myers or Betta Electrical stores should stock these. Kind regards, Sunbeam

spatel.ausasked

What is the difference between this vacuum sealing system and some others? Others that I have seen claim that they keep the food for up to 4 times as long, whereas this one states that it keeps food for only 2 times as long.

kgmgim

Sorry, I’m unsure as I’ve only used this system. The reason I purchased this particular unit was because of its small footprint, also the ability to reuse the precut bags.

Thank you.

Hi spatel.aus,
Thank you for your query. All FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing Systems keep food fresh for up to 5 x longer.

Catasked

Can I sous vi with the zipper lock bags can I freeze and microwave them. ?

kgmgim

I use them in the freezer. I haven’t used them in the microwave & I’m unsure whether the bags are microwave safe

Thanks.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Cat, no the zipper bags will not seal to cook in the Sous Vide. You need to use the rolls or pre cut bags for this purpose.

Robyn F
Robyn Fasked

Can I freeze the food in both the containers and bags?
Can I microwave the food in both the containers and bags?

kgmgim

Yes both the bag and the container can go into the freezer

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Robyn F - Yes, you can microwave and freeze both the containers and bags.

Ava Oberklajd-Geminder
Ava Oberklajd-Geminderasked

I Purchased the FoodSaver VS1300 this last Sunday 19th November 2017. I love how it stores food and leaves me so much more space in my fridge. The zipper bags are fantastic aged the containers excellent, I used to store cut up tomatoe in a bowl with cling wrap but it would make the Vegetables wet. This might sound like a stupid question but I was wondering how do you wash the bags to be re used as in th booklet it does not give that information. The same thing goes for the containers as well.

rosco1pug
rosco1pug

Good question. I've had good results just doing them in the normal washup with a soft sponge (ie do them first so the water is clean), then clean water rinse. I then push in the bottom of the bag so it stays open and will sit up, and leave somewhere warm to airdry thoroughly over a period of hours. I reckon there would be risks storing them flat with pockets of moisture inside. Treat them gently while washing and in use to prolong their life. After 12 months I haven't encountered any problems, but seems inevitable that they won't last forever.

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

Other Food Sealers