FoodSaver Fresh VS1300

MPN: VS1300
Listing monitored by FoodSaver

Pugawawa
PugawawaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish there was more detailed 'how to use' manual

I want to love this product but found my first effort of using the bags in the refrigerator a miserable fail. I've googled a lot but apart from blanching vegies for freezing, very little help on how to use for short term refrigeration. I want to use mainly for cucumbers, celery , avocado etc. I want to know when to use bags & when to use containers & how to prepare for refrigeration. Any help out there?

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Scott
ScottGeelong

Works well but...

This is a great little gadget for family's to keep food fresh for longer and it does exactly what it says, I do wish that it came with a few more containers as buying new ones are quite expensive and I also wish there was an option to freeze your vacuum sealed food as I would use that more. Overall though its a good product, works well on fruit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Other Food Sealers

Janinemelbourne

Great to avoid wastage

This is my new favourite kitchen appliance.
Fresh homemade bread was going mouldy within 2 days due to the humidity at the moment and it goes stale more quickly if put in the fridge (scientific fact apparently) so started putting in the 10 cup capacity foodsaver, definitely get an extra couple of days.
Have found with avocados they stay fresher for longer in the bags over the containers, but still impressive either way.
It has a small footprint too, I just leave mine on the bench.
Fantastic way to reduce the amount that gets thrown away due to spoiling

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kassia
KassiaSydney

Reducing waste and keeping food fresh

The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300 is a great way to keep food fresher for longer. I have loved using it for avocados, fruit and cheese - foods that go off if not consumed quickly. It's easy to use and if you have the bench space you can leave it out so it's accessible. I have also loved that I am reducing my waste as I am not using the cling wrap to store food. The containers are great and even the vacuum zipper bags are reusable.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Food Sealers

Find out how FoodSaver Fresh VS1300 compares to other Food Sealers

Works great if prepared to take extra time

Using the food saver for vegetables has been great especially avocados.
It has worked to keep them fresh longer however I will admit often times I have not been bothered to pull the machine out as I live in a small apartment so it needs to be put away.
Would be great for people with the time!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Belinda Wheeler
Belinda Wheelerasked

Hi I have just received the VS1300 and I’m very excited to use it however I was after one that came with bags you could meat in and store in the freezer, does this model have freezer bags you can buy online for this?

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Belinda Wheeler.

A number of retailers sell the bags online, see them below:

Fred
Fredasked

You say only hard type of cheese should be stored in vacuum containers. Can you define a bit more for example are Gouda and Edam classified as hard? What about Brie and Camembert?

Annied8
Annied8asked

How can I stop the small hard disc on the reuseable zipper bags from coming off the bags as they will not seal properly. Can I use an adhesive to re-attach them?

See all FoodSaver Fresh VS1300 questions

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300 shares similar features to other FoodSavers by this brand, including the VS7850: the two are of a similar size.

If you’re searching for a food sealer that’s more compact and travel-friendly, the VS1190 is also worth considering.

• The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300 will keep fridge and pantry items, such as fruits and vegetables fresh, for when you need them.
  • Inbuilt cutter: to prevent going to the effort of finding an external appliance to make up the bags, the inbuilt cutter will separate the roll into individual sealer bags.
  • 'Marinate' feature: by harnessing the vacuum-power, the sealer will push juices into the meat you store into the bag.
  • Made from stainless steel, The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7850 will be a long-lasting and durable addition to the kitchen.
  • Your new purchase will also include complimentary pre-cut bags and reusable bags (5 each), as well as a 28cm roll.
CategoryFood Sealers