FoodSaver Fresh VS1300

Listing monitored by FoodSaver

CKL
CKLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Product For Prolonging Fresh Food

We got this product on special at Harvey Norman by accident. Lovely product, very easy to use with the Foodsaver containers and bags. Yes, the bags do lose vacuum after a week, but the containers were good. Able to keep produce fresher longer in the container, and we are in the process of getting more containers as a result. A word for Harvey Norman; very quick shipping and kept us in the loop via Facebook messenger was very good experience.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Hello CKL,
Thank you for the great review! Glad to hear you're loving it.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect accompaniment in the kitchen

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for $70.00.

Hi Mortishia,
Thank you for you great review and helpful tips.

Mortishia

Thank you for reviewing my review. Happy owner

JKat
JKat

This has ACTUALLY changed my life

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi JKat,
Thank you for the fantastic review! The container lids are a bit tricky. They need to be extremely sealed and are stubborn to remove or place on. Kind Regards,

kgmgim
kgmgim

Nifty food vacuum device

Very happy with the food saver and highly recommend it. The unit has a small foot print. As well as prolonging the life of foods, it increases the amount of space in both fridge and freezer. The plastic bags are reusable and the unit can be also be used with the sunbeam containers. Only criticism, is there should be different sized bags and the cost of the containers. I would love to exclusively use these containers in both our fridge and freezer, however it would be too costly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Food Sealers

Find out how FoodSaver Fresh VS1300 compares to other Food Sealers

Jet S.
Jet S.Sydney

Best kitchen gadget I've bought all year!

Fresher for longer! Not only is it small and easy to store in a cupboard or drawer it is incredibly effective! Every week despite how hard I try bag loads of spoiled fruit and vegetables and containers of leftovers end up in the bin. With the Food Saver I can keep prepared meals in the fridge for twice as long as I once would have. Both my food wastage and grocery bill has significantly reduced thanks to the Food Saver. The glass containers make selecting a meal from the fridge easy and are a huge time-saver.

Natasha
Natasha

Say goodbye to soggy berries!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Reduced wastage + fresh food!

I have found the Foodsaver to be a game changer in terms of reducing my food wastage. Too often previously I would have crackers go stale, veggies go limp or cheese dry out after doing a big shop and then not getting through everything quickly enough. Now, my big shops actually last twice as long!

I’ve loved it using for avocados, cheese leftovers and pre-chopped veggie crudités. It was suprisingly easy to use, and quite compact as well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Angie T
Angie Tsydney

Keeping it Fresh

Loving my foodsaver. I'm not longer wasting money and I'm able to keep food which I would usually have to throw away. Love how it keeps my avocados green. Meat, fish and poultry fresh. Herbs green, cheese doesn't go mouldy. Keeps my crackers crunchy. It's nice and compact so doesn't waste much bench space. It suctions super quick and is so easy to use.

lisanow
lisanowIllawarra, NSW

Saves food, money and my environmental fooprint

Food Sealers

Find out how FoodSaver Fresh VS1300 compares to other Food Sealers

Super quick and easy to use :)

It takes 10 seconds to vacuum seal your food and is just as big as a kettle, so it now permanently stays on the my kitchen bench. Definitely the best way to save your everyday food from going off! Perfect for my family of 5 that can waste a lot of food, particularly fruit and vegetables.

Sunday Prep

I've had this for a few weeks now. It's Sunday and just made our work lunches for the week using the containers, and made up all the kids school snacks using the zipper bags. The vacuum seal keeps the food fresh through the week and I save time so my busy week mornings are so much calmer

Belinda Wheeler
Belinda Wheelerasked

Hi I have just received the VS1300 and I’m very excited to use it however I was after one that came with bags you could meat in and store in the freezer, does this model have freezer bags you can buy online for this?

Hello Belinda Wheeler.

A number of retailers sell the bags online, see them below:

Fred
Fredasked

You say only hard type of cheese should be stored in vacuum containers. Can you define a bit more for example are Gouda and Edam classified as hard? What about Brie and Camembert?

Annied8
Annied8asked

How can I stop the small hard disc on the reuseable zipper bags from coming off the bags as they will not seal properly. Can I use an adhesive to re-attach them?

See all FoodSaver Fresh VS1300 questions

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300 shares similar features to other FoodSavers by this brand, including the VS7850: the two are of a similar size.

If you’re searching for a food sealer that’s more compact and travel-friendly, the VS1190 is also worth considering.

• The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS1300 will keep fridge and pantry items, such as fruits and vegetables fresh, for when you need them.
  • Inbuilt cutter: to prevent going to the effort of finding an external appliance to make up the bags, the inbuilt cutter will separate the roll into individual sealer bags.
  • 'Marinate' feature: by harnessing the vacuum-power, the sealer will push juices into the meat you store into the bag.
  • Made from stainless steel, The Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7850 will be a long-lasting and durable addition to the kitchen.
  • Your new purchase will also include complimentary pre-cut bags and reusable bags (5 each), as well as a 28cm roll.
CategoryFood Sealers