Sunbeam Foodsaver VS6100

MPNs: 36490830 and VS6100

22 questions from our users

Pete B

Pete Basked

I returned the machine I bought from Appliances Online because it didn't lock and therefore wouldn't seal; the replacement machine is doing exactly the same thing; no "On" power indicator, the top doesn't lock down, no vacuum at all. All of the comments by consumers above are relevant to my machine. This is ridiculous Sunbeam.

Please advise how you can help before i go to Consumer Affairs;

Brian F.

Brian F.asked

i CANT GET IT TO START...

Dale w

Dale wasked

How do you know when it is on. No lights are on when plugged in.

Richard G.

Plugged in, powered shows no lights. Once you lock it, you get a green light next to the power symbol on the top. Then you get more lights if you hit the seal / vac & seal buttons...

Trevor E.

Trevor E.asked

When you plug 6100 series into power, and turn on, should any lights come on on the dials. Mine does not even utter a sound!, and it is straight out of it's New Box.! Bought home on Friday 8/5/20. Please advise? regards Rosemary

lian m.

lian m.asked

The machine is seal without vacuum when i Press Vacuum and Seal... doesn't work at all....

Jenny Aasked

We have had the plastic that clicks closed the left hand lock, can you get spare parts for these units.

Jenny A

Forgot to say it snapped

Bobby H.

Bobby H.asked

I press vacuum and seal and it will vacuum but not sill

Lucy
Lucy

MAKE sure you close the lid so the two side buttons show a green bit. Best to push down on the absolute corners.

kym.nazim

kym.nazimasked

I just brought this sealer but the top seal strip keeps falling off on the top right under the lid, can you advise please?

Lynne Anderson
Lynne Anderson

I’ve unpacked my food saver VS6100 plugged it into the power socket pressed vacuum and seal and nothing is happening?? There are no lights indicating the machine is even on!

Millie M.

Millie M.asked

How do you turn on or know the power is on.. have plugged in and there are no lights... ??????

Hi Millie M,
The lights only illuminate when the machine is in the process of seal or vacuuming and once the processes is complete the lights will switch off again indicating it has completed the process.

Light years

Light yearsasked

Is it possible to use other bags if you can not get food saver bags one time?

Hello Light years,
The manual does instruct the user to use Foodsaver bags because that is what the machine has been designed and tested to use. Best practice would be to use as the manual instructs, you can find the bags online if you can't get to a physical store.

Richard G.

Use pretty much any bag you want

tony robinson

tony robinsonasked

How do we use the previous model vacuum seal tub with latest model food saver . ?

Kaye M.

Kaye M.asked

How to operate the vs6100 vacuum sealer

Hello Kaye M.
There are steps to follow within the manual with illustrations : https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/VS6100_IB_1.pdf

Or you can watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAK6o7Zyers

Bec
Bec

You need a lot of strength to push the lid until the silver buttons on side pop out, then it turns on

Karen N.

Karen N.asked

Hi I have just purchased a vs 6000 the lid mechanism will not press down and lock for the green progress indicator lights to remain on as soon as I release the lid the lights go off and the unit ceases to continue to operate.

Karen Nolan

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Karen,
The machine only operates when the lid is locked in. Once opened the power stops. Hope this helps.

Jamie P.
Jamie P.

No doesnt help- the green light doesnt come on ever

Jacky H.asked

Wow just got this 6100 and am so disappointed - had been using a borrowed Aldi one very successfully and thought Id get my own - chose a Sunbeam as a reward points offer and cant get it to vacuum seal my stuff - suppose to be organising my food for a four week camping trip what a disaster - what am I doing wrong - vacuums but doesnt seal

Hi Jacky H,
Just make sure you press firmly down on both sides with this one and always leave enough room in the bag to ensure it seals

Jacky,
If this does not work please call us for assistance on 1300 881 861

Jacky H.

Many thanks to Sunbeam for a quick response - I now have a replacement Foodsaver delivered to home - ready to use when I return from holidays- thank you so much

micky

mickyasked

Can I use 20cm roll with VS6100?

Hi micky,
Yes you can use the 20cm or the 28cm, whichever is most suitable.

kate

kateasked

We are having the same problem with machine turning on, we have used quite hard on it and the two green side buttons are out but still not working, returning to Harvey Norman, you would expect it from a $50 appliance not $179.

Michelleasked

Some times it won’t seal the bag. I often have to have 2-3 goes

mitchamus

If there’s any moisture in the join this will stop it sealing properly.

Wipe the join with paper towel, or make a dam between the food and the join with folded up paper towel... and/or use the moist food function....

Hope this helps...

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. mitchamus is correct about any moisture being present. Please also check:
* Is rough side down on sealing strip?
* Are you leaving 7-10cm gap from food to cut edge of bag?
* Are there 2 foam seals in place - 1 at top and 1 at bottom?
* Have you tried swapping seals around or remove them to wash under warm water with detergent, rinse thoroughly then leave out to dry completely. This can bring back elasticity to foam.
* Is the top edge of the bag hovering above the drip tray and not right in the drip tray?
* If cutting bags from the role please ensure the scissors are very sharp. Blunt scissors or blades will affect the cut and can prevent air from being vacuumed out completely.
Hope this assists, Kind Regards Sunbeam

Michelle

It was the first time I used it. I’ll give your suggestions a go next time

Debbie B.

Debbie B.asked

I can't get mine to do anything either, I can get a green light but it goes off and then I hit the "seal"button and nothing happens. Surely it shouldnt be this hard. I think its going back.

mitchamus

The green light goes off while it’s actually sealing, and then lights up again when done if I remember correctly.

Hi Debbie B,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards,

Val

Valasked

How do you turn power on as my brand new device doesn’t appear to have power? This is despite trying different power points.

Hi Val,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. We recommend placing the VS6100 on a bench top approx waist height. Then place base of your thumbs/palms on your hand on each side and lean into the unit. The more pressure you apply you will find the buttons on each side will pop out and the light will stay on. Please call us on 1300 881 861 if you continue to have difficulties.

mitchamus

Hi Val- press HARD twice on both sides till you see the green stripes pop out on the buttons, then the power light will come on. Once you get it once- you will see what needs to be done. Hope this helps..

CarolB
CarolB

I had to come here to find the answer to this problem. Thanks Sunbeam. Does it get any easier with time because I have weak wrists and this will be problematic for me?

Vibby

Vibbyasked

Having been through all the above I have difficulties to suck the air out. It says vacuum but it just seals the pouch. Please give me some advice. Thank you.

mitchamus

How far are you placing the bag inside the machine? It should go over the removable drain part- you can even tuck the lip of the bag down into the drain if you like.

Also make sure that the open end of the bag is completely clean before sealing. The trick here is to fold down about 3cm of the opening before you put the food in. This makes sure that it won’t touch the food going in and stays clean.

Try something easy to seal like uncooked rice as a test, and ensure you do the above 2 tips.

If it still is not working- perhaps return it, or call sunbeam phone support?

Hope this helps...

Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Vibby, most of the time if the machine is not vacuuming it is due to the bag not being placed right into the channel.
It needs to be tucked right in with none of it hanging out. If this is done correctly you will be able to vacuum. However if it still does not after trying this please return to store of purchase.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives