Sunbeam High Performance Power Blender PB9000

19 reviews · Statistics

95% · 181 · 5%

Product is used
  • Daily (1)
  • Several times a week (2)
Safety

Kirk
Kirk

Dangerous. The blade shattered and sent sharp metal through the plastic

We had this blender for less than two years before the blade fell apart while making a smoothie and sent a chunk of sharp metal THROUGH the side of the thick plastic container. Sunbeam was extremely unhelpful and suggested we just buy a replacement part! Show details
dongxuan xu
dongxuan xuQLDFar North Queensland, QLD5 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

good for value

we bought this from myer online, after buying it , we had milk shake and smoothies everyday. The only thing not very good, I think, will be too noisy. very easy to clean Show details
rebecca
rebecca8 posts

I love this blender!!

Got it for an awesome price from myer ($199 down from $499). It has several different settings for my different needs and gets the job done. The only thing to be weary of is the higher settings are quite loud, it sounds like it’s going to blow up! Show details ·  1
Nathen D.
Nathen D.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Should I have bought the 2000 watt model ?

Im wondering wether the older model with 2000 watts is more powerful torque wise. Its hard to find out this as there is no response from customer support. Can someone help Show details ·  7
Jane B
Jane B

I love using this blender every day

The machine is fantastic for blending, it’s fast and efficient. It handles solids well and liquids blend instantly. Foods that work well are eggs and protein powder in smoothies, butter and pancake batters.

I love the smoothie function and use it daily.

PennyS
PennyS

Blending up a storm

Ohhhh this blender is a good one!

Haven't even tested its soup making capabilities yet but I have whipped up many a smoothie (this baby churns through everything) and some homemade dips.

Recently I prepared a white bean and garlic dip - it was very well received by my guests. It was so easy to use (so light to move around on the bench) and the resulting dip was so smooth and creamy - better than something from the shops.

(note to self - a little lemon would have been a good addition)

Looking forward to the cooler months and creating some healthy and delicious soups.

Show details

Erin
ErinCanberra2 posts

Perfect all year round!

The blending ability of this machine is amazing. I have used it to make smoothies, blend frozen fruit, crush biscuits for baking and puree soups. It does all of this with ease. It also makes great nut butter!

Its also pretty easy to clean.

Shari GoodFoodWeek
Shari GoodFoodWeek

Totally addicted to Smoothies!

Let me just start by saying that my husband and I met working at Boost Juice and have a combined 8 years of smoothie making experience. So we were pretty excited to give the Sunbeam High Performance Power Blender a go. We love making smoothies in the morning and our children love drinking them. We freeze all of our fruit and then simply add coconut water or normal water and we find it blends to a great consistancy. There are no issues with blitzing kale or baby spinach into a smooth puree. And it's super easy to clean - which is the most important factor in my opinion.

Ashliegh F
Ashliegh FAU2 posts

ALL THE POWER!

At first I thought it would be just “another blender” and it would end up in the back of the cupboard like the other 2 I’ve had but this beaut has POWER! It whips up basil pesto with ease, obliterates my frozen fruit for smoothies and it impressed the socks off of me!

Sharon WSFB
Sharon WSFBNSWSydney, NSW

Powerful and Stylish

The Sunbeam High Performance Power Blender is no ordinary blender - It has a powerful motor and smart preset functions which make it easy to use. My favourite is the soup function, I was impressed by how well it heated the ingredients as it blended.

Weekend breakfasts are a snap with cafe favourites such as acai bowls, pancakes, frappes and smoothies easily whipped up at home.

I have also made chocolate brownies, hummus and peanut butter using recipes from the instruction book. These are all easy and delicious.

The blender has stylish design and looks great on my kitchen bench.

Tris
TrisAU3 posts

Great power & versatile use

I found this blender to be really high powered and versatile. Great for smoothies, soups, purees, with everything blending smoothly and consistently, even when I made a nut butter. It had no problems with blending ice and frozen fruits that I add to my smoothies, and best of all their were no lumpy bits of greens! The other functions like grinding and chopping have been really handy with making meal prep quicker for me and the large capacity means I could fit everything in rather than blending in smaller batches. I'm really happy with this blender!

Claire R
Claire RNelson

New Best Kitchen Friend

Absolutely love this blender. Super powerful and blends perfectly. Makes great pastes and smoothies. The pulse function is easy to use and the one I use most often. The jug is large and holds a decent amount - it is also super easy to clean. I like the stick that comes with it which helps make sure you get a consistent end result. Will get a lot more use in winter when it comes to making soups etc.

Michaela
Michaela2 posts

It's got power!

This blender has power plus! I have used it for blending up pastes and pestos as well as juices and smoothies. It is versatile, efficient and gets the job done quickly.

ChrisC
ChrisCSydney3 posts

Power to deal with any blending challenge

I've used many blenders over the years and they never seem to have enough power to get the job done quickly and easily.

I’m really happy to say this is not the case with the Sunbeam High Performance Power Blender PB9000. It has made light work of anything I have put into it, continuously giving a smooth and consistent result. The 1.9L capacity allowed me to get bigger tasks done in one go, rather than having to do a number of batches. Cleaning was a breeze and it can go straight into the dishwasher.

Elizabeth
ElizabethSydney3 posts

Consistently Smooth & Fast

I’ve never used a blender so powerful. It blends the smoothest of smoothies and makes delicious dips. Everything comes out super fast and it has no trouble at all getting through the tough bits (nuts, greens, etc) - leaving no unexpected lumps! It’s been great for experimenting with new healthy dip/spread combinations; I just throw it all in and blend away.

The jug is large (1.9L) so it’s perfect for soups too. It also heats on the soup function, which is really handy.

It’s super easy to use - the settings are simple and clear. The jug is also easy to clean, just pop in the dishwasher. I have a feeling this blender will continue to get a lot of use in our kitchen.

Lucy J

How do people clean their blender? I haven't used mine in a while and have found mould under the blades. I've tried everything to clean but there is still grime. Can the blender be taken apart at all?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Lucy, I have attached for you the product manual if you refer to page 6 this should assist you. external link .

Lucy J

Thanks but that link is not working.

Hi Lucy, Try this one external link

Gordon M.

Can the jug go into the dishwasher? I'm a bit confused as the website says yes and the booklet says no. Which is the right answer?

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Gordon M. So sorry for the confusion, I have asked our engineer and he has advised me that it is in fact dishwasher safe. I will make sure the booklet is updated. Thank you.

Gordon M.

Great thanx, btw, love the blender, makes the best smooties ever. Don't need to cut anything up just throw it all in and away you go!

DIY

Can hot foods and liquids be put into the blender and blended/puréed?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi DIY, yes you can puree hot foods but you must let them cool a bit before doing so.

DIY

Thanks for your speedy response

CategoryBlenders