Sunbeam MultiProcessor Compact LC5000

Sunbeam MultiProcessor Compact LC5000

Jacqui

JacquiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

Happy with the chopping blade but very disappointed with slicing and grating blades, spindle has stripped and can’t use slicing and grating blades, had the lid of the bowl the bowl replaced at 11mths as pieces broke off , no sooner out of warranty and it happened again!

Purchased in September 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $109.65.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dough and Soups

annie

annieSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am not sure what to think about my new Sunbeam LC5000 food processor

This food processor seems to be ok. Not amazing but adequate. I am deciding if I am dissapointed. I thought it would be better really BUT its just ok. Does the job.

Purchased in March 2019 at RetraVision for $160.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dough, Ground Meat and Soups

Hi annie,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please provide more information as to what issues you are experiencing. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Karina WGippsland, VIC

Cheap plastic unit that lasted approx 5 uses!!

The lid kept getting stuck to the point where I now can’t use the machine and threw it in the rubbish yesterday. Extremely disappointed and won’t be looking at Sunbeam products again!

Purchased in July 2018.

Product is used: Monthly

Hi Karina W,
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your experience with our LC5000. I will be sure to pass this on to our design and technology teams.

Karina W

How comforting Sunbeam - NOT!

Bec

Plastic shards all through food - dangerous

Used the processor LC5000 for the fifth time that was given to me and the plastic disintegrated leaving shards all through my childrens potatoes. Extremely dangerous and without the purchase date i have no way of contacting them.

Hi Bec,
Please contact us on 1300 881 861. Please have your LC5000 with you at the time of call. Kind Regards Sunbeam

A total DISASTER

SUNBEAM: A massive FAILURE
DONOT buy this processor. It is a manufacturing design DISASTER. The lid jamms badly and wouldn't open. The assistance helpline is not helpful, the representatives are inconsiderate and only stand by the company and will not provide any advise that will help the consumer. It's a useless product, rather go for Russel Hobbs or may be a Kmart processor will deliver better quality than Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Amanda, so sorry to hear that the lid has been really tight on your processor which is one of our best sellers.

Nell

NellWhanganui

Appalling

I can only say - DO NOY BUY this model. Food becomes wedged between the chopping blade and the lid - has to be removed and chopped by hand; Food at the bottom of the bowl is below the processing blade - has to be removed and chopped by hand; Food becomes smeared up the sides of the bowl - well above the level the the processing blade can reach - has to be scrapped down 8-10 times per load. Others below have mentioned the noise, the tendency of the lid to lock and not unlock, and the rubber feet that don't anchor the machine down. I do not understand how Sunbeam how allowed their brand to be devalued by such a product. I certainly wont be buying any Sunbeam product in the future.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

lilfairywren

lilfairywrenPerth, WA

Too noisey and cheap and nasty, sorry Sunbeam....got to tell the truth!!

I have been looking for a while now, and the Sunbeam MultiProcessor Compact LC5000 caught my eye mainly due to the price. After asking many questions to the sales person/s I decided not to waste my money on something that I may get some use from, but as most sales people said, it wasn't a very good product. I was informed I could buy a much better product than the Sunbeam MultiProcessor Compact LC5000...

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Cully

CullyMurray Region, NSW

Sunbeam's gone down the drain!

So disappointed! Sunbeam was always a 'go to' brand, not any more. This unit doesn't process food properly, half of the food is left either unprocessed or unsliced. The plastic used is cheap & nasty, prone to breaking, as is the bowl itself. The biggest complaint, it's so damn LOUD! The Sunbeam company has gone down the drain, never again will I purchase one of their products.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Tom

TomAU

Ok

Considering the price I have paid for this product, I would say it works fine. Bought this item at the good guys, which also offers a complementary blender with the food processor. They both work out fine but the noise it generated was irritating. Blends everything nicely but we will see how it works in the long run.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Krump

KrumpCampbelltown

Disappointed

So the blender is sooo heavy and the lid is hard to get on and off. When you try to blend it splashes it all to the top of the jug and it doesn't all get combined... it is so loud it scared us all when it turned on. I used it once and now have to look for something else because it barely does a mediocre job.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

markir

markirRaumati

Good product marred by two poor design decisions

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Classic example of designed obsolescence.

Bought this machine in Briscoe sale. Had doubts but other products looked as bad or worse. Only use to make occasional pesto and scones. Despite limited use, after about 18 months the main processing bowl has become unuseable due to distortion in shape meaning lid won't fit and also pieces of plastic cracking or breaking off despite careful use and washing. Even if I can force the lid on, the lid has to be held down as the plastic slide switch has partially broken off. Frankly the design and competent quality are disgraceful. Will avoid this brand in future. The problem is what to buy? Food processor life seems to halve every 5 to 10 years!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

evirod98

evirod98Meadow Springs Perth WA

Plastic bottom clips

Processor loud also very fragile with clips base on the bottom when clicking into main motor snaps better than the Belleville platic parts kept breaking. They are not like they use to be. I gather be aware how fragile these mavhines and parts are. If I bought another make sure clips on lid and side also bottom are stronger

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Worst product ever!

Go to use it this morning and the lid is stuck. Cannot remove it. So my dip im making is ruined. Peice of crap product wont ever buy another one. And as previous reviewer had said u turn it upside down and it is all rusted. Save yourself stress and hassell pay a little bit more and keep away from this product

Date PurchasedNov 2016

warranty finishes machine stops working

3 weeks after the warranty finishes my processor stops working while making my daughter her Birthday Cake !!
Only used about 10 times as I found that the attachment blades didn't work well. The machine mixed things up well enough although the lid constantly got stuck & the product was in general very poor quality. Overall, I'm tired of buying disposable products that just contribute to our planets massive amount of landfill. Hopefully my new KitchenAid will last a LOT longer than the Sunbeam Processor.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Barney53

Barney53AU

it's 149 dollars for a food processor and a glass blender

The blades are sharp, the plastics fit in the top shelf of my dishwasher and the blender is glass.
It will not last forever like a thousand dollar euro machine, but it's 149 dollars and gets the job done. Even lasting as long as the 12 month product warranty makes it a good deal. Good if on a budget.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Evahopeful

EvahopefulBrisbane

So disappointed Sunbeam!

Decided on the Sunbeam MultiProcessor Compact because of the sunbeam appliances I have had in the past & which were superb. This appliance is rubbish. Very disappointed Sunbeam! Poor quality. As mentioned by other reviewers (should have read reviews first) the lid & bowel are hard to get on & off, the slicer is USELESS only positive is it does blitz the food though the speeds don't work well. Hard to clean. Have had it 10 days - taking back for a refund. Sadly will not purchase Sunbeam products again (if ever) without doing thorough & comprehensive research. What's happened to Sunbeam quality?

Useless product.

I Bought this 3 weeks ago. First one I could not remove the lid. Was stuck firmly in place. Replacement arrived 2 days ago. Opened box. Bowl is cracked on the side and a whole piece broken off the bottom. Will be asking for my money back. Useless flimsy product.

Kathryn

Kathryn

Thought this was great... but

after the 5th use it just stopped working and discovered the plastic blade holder had cracked... it's really not tough enough to be called a food processor.... really disappointed. As I received it last Christmas as a gift it can't be returned and out of warranty now...need to purchase a better product

GJM

GJMQueensland

Don't want a replacement

The design is not good with the lid being hard to get on and off. Bits broke because of the awkwardness of design. It is very noisy to use. The power control stopped working properly - now can only use it on pulse. Have had it less than a year but I certainly do not want a replacement.