Sunbeam LC5500/LC6500

LC5500, LC6500

Mememememe

MememememeSouth East Queensland, QLD

This thing is dangerous

We assembled the blender and ran it dry with the usual blending blade to see how it was when operating. It only has two speed settings and a ‘pulse’ button option. At the first setting, ‘1’ it operates at extreme (dangerous) speed and sounds like a tornado on rails.. the 2nd setting is just ridiculous at how fast it is and the pulse button is set at extreme speed. This thing is not safe in my view. We’ll be returning it to place of purchase today.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer for $127.20.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters

Hi Mememememe,
Thank you for your feed back. When operating this product it is quite a speedy little unit. When food is added it does slow it down to process it.

Rhonda

RhondaAlbion Park Rail

Sunbeam multi processor LC5500

It is the best food processor I have bought. So easy to put together and take apart. Easy to wash up. It does what l need it to do. It stores away easy..It mixes well, grinds well and shreds well. I love the way it stores the attachments.
I would buy the same one again if needed to. It is not as noisy as some I have had before.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Rhonda, great to hear and thank you for taking the time to post a review

Amazing ! So many things to do with it!

I got this food processor a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it !
There is so much you can do with it, this is the reason why I got it. The different attachments that comes with it make this food processor very useful ! I am not a good cook, but thanks to this machine SO easy to use, I can now impress my friends and family!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi M. Heron,
So glad you are enjoying the machine. Hope you make many fab recipes!!!!

JKat

JKat

A good handy helper for my kitchen

I have had this food processor now for about 6 months and I use it at least 2-3 times a week preparing meals- it is especially useful for chopping and slicing vegetables in mass! It makes the job so quick and easy.

I would recommend this to anyone especially coming up to Christmas period to make your prep time quicker!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks so much JKat - this unit is also great for making raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake which would be a great addition to the Christmas table!!!

Kath30

Kath30asked

Just wondering if this product crushes biscuits well? I have a Kenwood that is terrible - leaves lots of big pieces, even after a considerable number of goes at it. Kath

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Kath30,
Yes the Sunbeam LC5500 does crush biscuits well, have a look at the below videos to see it in action.

Sybil T

Sybil Tasked

Does the black base and blades unscrew from the glass blender jug for cleaning? There is no mention of it doing so in the manual and we cannot move the base on our new machine.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sybil T,
No they base of the Blender jug does not detach from the glass top. Please follow the cleaning method below, which is safer and quicker to clean then pulling the jug apart.
Quick cleaning method -
Half fill the blender with warm water and a small amount of detergent. Press the PULSE button for 10-20 seconds. Then remove the jug and rinse it under running water.

Hope that helps.

Lauren

Laurenasked

Does this efficiently crush ice/ blend frozen fruits? Also can is withstand hot liquids?

Hi Lauren,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. LC5500 is a food processor only and we do not recommend crushing ice. A blender is best for for that. LC6500 is a food processor and blender and you can crush ice. We suggest to only crush 10 ice cubes/frozen fruits (cut into cubes) at a time and do not blend for longer than 60 seconds at a time. Also good to add a small bit of water in the jug. Both units cannot withstand warm or hot ingredients. You will need to wait until they are cooled down.
Kind regards Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives