LC5500, LC6500

• Safety

Family
FamilyGippsland, VIC

Gr8 Product!

I had an earlier model, this is superior. I like making a dough in the processor and in this one it comes together very quickly. I also like making a biscuit base for my cheesecakes and does the biscuits nice and fine.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer for $129.00.

Hello Family,
Thank you for your wonderful review!
So happy to hear you are loving your Sunbeam Multi Processor.

MiaMoon
MiaMoonSouth East Queensland, QLD

No more tears!

10kg of raw onions peeled and sliced (for a Bunnings BBQ) in 30 minutes flat and without shedding a single tear. Use it to scallop potatoes, Asian vegetable dishes and other food prep requirements. Came with a solid glass blender. Great time-saving, multi-functional product.

Hello MiaMoon,
So happy we were able to help you keep those onion tears at bay! Thank you for your awesome review.

AdrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Broke from grating cheese.

Broke from grating a piece of standard cheddar cheese? The cheap plastic cog on the top of the spindal sheared right off! Didn't even last 6 months. The blade still works but no grating now, which was what I bought it for.

Purchased in March 2020 at Myer Online Store for $223.00.

Adrian

I bought a replacement spindle hoping it was a one off problem, but then the cog part of the bottom of the black grater retention plate broke.
DO NOT USE FOR CHEESE!!

Food Processors

Find out how Sunbeam LC5500/LC6500 compares to other Food Processors

Jodie J
Jodie JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bowl cracked. Poor quality.

Bowl cracked after not many uses but out of warranty. I note that this seems to have happened to other reviewers. I definitely won’t be repurchasing this brand. I would have given it one star but for the fact that before the bowl cracked it did the job.

Matt S.
Matt S.Perth, WA

Cracks easily and barely made it past the short 12 month warranty.

Purchased in June 2019 for $140.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Blender

Good product but silly that you cannot take blender bottom blade off to clean, this was a poor design as food gets stuck down the bottom and hard to clean.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $150.00.

DME
DMESouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

Purchased in May 2019 for $129.00.

Thomas
ThomasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fast & efficient

Love the fact that it comes with a blender as well. Chops very well & there is nothing left above the blade holding disc which is quite seldom. Easy to clean and to assemble but the lid got stuck after the first time using it so we used a small amount of oil spray. Blender is very efficient as well.

Purchased in February 2020 at Target Australia for $119.00.

Jasmanoz
JasmanozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Performer!

Very impressed with the performance for this price range. A little louder that I'd hoped for but really does a good job. Easy to clean and comes with enough attachments for what I will use it for. The result of the food I blended was smooth with an even consistency

Purchased in January 2020 at Myer for $119.00.

Hello Jasmanoz,
Thank you for your review and feedback!

Food Processors

Find out how Sunbeam LC5500/LC6500 compares to other Food Processors

Kiddo
KiddoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Machines!

Chops through everything I’ve out into the food processor. Not sure why the instructions say don’t put it in the dishwasher for cleaning but mine goes in there and comes out sparkling. With the blender I’m not sure if the bottom can come off for thorough cleaning or not but that’s the only thing I can’t get to happen. Other than that the blender has been well used for smoothies.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $129.00.

Hello Kiddo,
Thank you for the great review!

The blade can be removed, please see manual for images on how to remove the blade: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/LC5500%20LC6500%20IB.pdf

hjl
hjlGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

it s a great little machine

bought this to replace one we got that was horrible .everything goes togeather really great .only thing i haven't done is chopped or used the kneading blade yet .i made coleslaw and it sliced and grated really good and i have just whipped of cream in 30 seconds so really impressed i have had a larger breville food processor that i gave to my daughter when i got a tefal cusine companion ,this processor is as good as the breville but cheaper

Purchased in December 2019 at Harris Scarfe Online Store for $140.00.

Hello hjl,
Thank you for your wonderful review.

Mememememe
MememememeSouth East Queensland, QLD

This thing is dangerous

We assembled the blender and ran it dry with the usual blending blade to see how it was when operating. It only has two speed settings and a ‘pulse’ button option. At the first setting, ‘1’ it operates at extreme (dangerous) speed and sounds like a tornado on rails.. the 2nd setting is just ridiculous at how fast it is and the pulse button is set at extreme speed. This thing is not safe in my view. We’ll be returning it to place of purchase today.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer for $127.20.

Hi Mememememe,
Thank you for your feed back. When operating this product it is quite a speedy little unit. When food is added it does slow it down to process it.

Rhonda
RhondaAlbion Park Rail

Sunbeam multi processor LC5500

It is the best food processor I have bought. So easy to put together and take apart. Easy to wash up. It does what l need it to do. It stores away easy..It mixes well, grinds well and shreds well. I love the way it stores the attachments.
I would buy the same one again if needed to. It is not as noisy as some I have had before.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Rhonda, great to hear and thank you for taking the time to post a review

Amazing ! So many things to do with it!

I got this food processor a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it !
There is so much you can do with it, this is the reason why I got it. The different attachments that comes with it make this food processor very useful ! I am not a good cook, but thanks to this machine SO easy to use, I can now impress my friends and family!

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Hi M. Heron,
So glad you are enjoying the machine. Hope you make many fab recipes!!!!

Sandra
Sandraasked
LC5500/LC6500

Can I remove the base of the blender for cleaning. I had a spillage and some liquid got between the outside glass and the black base. How do I clean it?

Hi Sandra,
For a quick cleaning method:
1- Half fill the blender with warm water and a small amount of detergent. Press the PULSE button for 10-20 seconds. Then remove the jug and rinse it under running water.
For thorough cleaning:
1- Wash the lid, ingredient cup, rubber seal & glass jug with fixed blade assembly in warm soapy water.
Note: Do not clean any part of the blender in the dishwasher.
Hope this helps you.

Leah L.asked
LC5500/LC6500

I used my processor and it worked great, but when cleaning I found food pieces in the “handle” of the food shute. They are completely behind the plastic and there is absolutely no way to get to them, yet I can’t find anyway to take it apart. What do I do? This will mold and is an absurd issue.

Hi Leah,
That can happen when you haven't rinsed the leftovers out thoroughly enough ,and then wash it with those left overs.
If you rinse it with running water ,before the food dries out, it'll wash away.

Leah L.

I wash everything by hand right away as I do not have a dishwasher, so your explanation is both inaccurate and doesn’t answer my question. How, now that the food has been stuck in it for a day, do I get it out? Is there a way to disassemble that part of it?

Hi Leah L,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Jasmine
Jasmine asked

Can I buy the jug from the LC6500 and use it on my LC5500

Hi Jasmine,
Yes the jug from the LC6500 will fit the LC5500.

See all Sunbeam LC5500/LC6500 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare both Sunbeam LC5500/LC6500
CategoryFood ProcessorsFood Processors
BPA FreeYes
Included Blade TypesGrating / Shredding, Plastic Dough Blade, S- Shaped (standard) and Slicing Disc
Number of Speed Settings3