Sunbeam LC5500/LC6500

5 questions from our users

Kath30

Kath30asked

LC5500

Just wondering if this product crushes biscuits well? I have a Kenwood that is terrible - leaves lots of big pieces, even after a considerable number of goes at it. Kath

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Kath30,
Yes the Sunbeam LC5500 does crush biscuits well, have a look at the below videos to see it in action.

Sybil T

Sybil Tasked

LC6500

Does the black base and blades unscrew from the glass blender jug for cleaning? There is no mention of it doing so in the manual and we cannot move the base on our new machine.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sybil T,
No they base of the Blender jug does not detach from the glass top. Please follow the cleaning method below, which is safer and quicker to clean then pulling the jug apart.
Quick cleaning method -
Half fill the blender with warm water and a small amount of detergent. Press the PULSE button for 10-20 seconds. Then remove the jug and rinse it under running water.

Hope that helps.

Lauren

Laurenasked

Does this efficiently crush ice/ blend frozen fruits? Also can is withstand hot liquids?

Hi Lauren,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. LC5500 is a food processor only and we do not recommend crushing ice. A blender is best for for that. LC6500 is a food processor and blender and you can crush ice. We suggest to only crush 10 ice cubes/frozen fruits (cut into cubes) at a time and do not blend for longer than 60 seconds at a time. Also good to add a small bit of water in the jug. Both units cannot withstand warm or hot ingredients. You will need to wait until they are cooled down.
Kind regards Sunbeam

rossdbeeasked

What is the difference between the Lc5500 and the Lc6500

Hi rossdbee,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. LC6500 has a blender function as well as the food processor. Both are 800W.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

rossdbee

Thankyou. I bought the LC5500. Have only used the grater so far. It’s extremely loud. My main interest is how well it makes pastry. My old sunbeam processor was amazing so I’m hopeful this new one will do as well even tho it’s very different. Thanks again

Kathrynasked

How do you change the slicing/grating blade without injury. I have the grating blade inserted and am unable to take it out?

Hi Kathryn,
It may be a little tight at first. Maybe try holding where the button type hole is and gently prise out with something from the other end or push from behind.

Kathryn

Thanks I’ve tried everything to slide it out without success. Is there anything else I could do?

All fixed thank you

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives