Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 5407, LC9000 and SNB-LC9000

VintageDom

VintageDomSydney, NSW

So far so good

I've only had the machine for a couple of weeks. I used it to grate raw beetroot - it was done beautifully, I'm really impressed. There were a couple of larger pieces, but then all machines have this issue. I certainly couldn't grate it as quickly by hand. The machine is rather heavy - somewhere around the 10 kg mark & is rather large - need to put base in cupboard separately to bowl. Having the blades in the drawer means that everything is together in one unit. The variable shute size is also good, although I am finding that this is creating extra washing up.

Great Product

Great product, does everything. Great quality. Obviously the people giving it one star either have an issue with Sunbeam or are too dumb to use it properly. Some of them are obviously quite thick, like the one who gave it one star because it was too big after carrying the box home.

stephen

stephen

mistake

this machine would have to be the worst appliance I have ever bought , who ever designed it was a moron it does not mix evenly, the blades are in the wrong position for it to work, properly also its hard to open & close. If sunbeam can't get it right why don't they just copy one that works. It was very expensive customers have been hoodwinked into thinking if you pay more you get something better how misleading. I wasted my money when I can afford to replace it, will give me great satisfaction to throw it in the garbage bin where it belongs I would never buy another sunbeam product again

Date PurchasedMar 2011
Food Processors

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 compares to other Food Processors

RadicalReviewer

RadicalReviewerSydney, NSW

Top Performer!

Ive had this for over 2 years now and has been faultless! Gets used heavily by family of 5 adults. Gets used for huge feeds of coleslaw and the variable slicing disc and extra large feed chute is great for that.

One review mentioned they used the variable slicing disc in the small bowl. The instruction manual states to not use the slicing blade with the small bowl.

Nice and solid machine. Jug and lid made of firm plastic not flismy weak stuff that bends and cracks.

The mini blade can also slot ontop of the large blade, to make processing large batches even better providing consistent results. Highly recommend this food processor!

Rie

RieHobart, TAS

Brilliant

I totally adore my food processor! I ordered it online, so when I received it in the post I was surprised by the weight of the machine - but hey, that is a good thing because that means it can process tough foods without jiggling around the bench. Also, the little drawer at the bottom is a FAB idea to keep all the tools together! I keep the food processor on the corner of my bench and I use it every day - I'm either whizzing up vegies to go into spaghetti bolognese or slicing vegies for the slow cooker or processing butter & sugar for cookies or processing dates & coconut for snacks.
Brilliant. I love it.
....all it needs is a blade thingy like a food mixer and it'll be perfection!

Robertlake haven

Don't waste your money!!!

I bought this food processor for my elderly mother who has bad arthritis in her hands, so she could julienne carrots without discomfort. Also thought it could make potato chips, (fries), was severely disappointed. It now sits on the kitchen bench gathering dust, and a constant reminder to do research on pricey appliances before purchasing.

Robert

Love how Sunbeam are responding to all the other comments bar mine.

Michael of Mascot

Michael of MascotSydney, NSW

Not for home

I bought this blender on the recommendation of a store assistant. She pointed out all the good features; double bowl, large input tube, inbuilt storage for blades, etc., When I got this home, I suddenly realised how big this unit is and had to take it completely apart for it to fit in my kitchen cupboard. It does not have a variable speed control, just on/off, pulse.
The bowl itself is large, so goo if you are creating something for a large family and the unit has a large and powerful motor.
If you do a lot of food processing in large amounts, then this is probably the unit for you, after all it is part of the Sunbeam Cafe Series!

Lana L

Lana LFremantle

Don't buy this product

Plsm

Plsm

Love it

Did a lot of research for a new food processor, including the highly costly Thermomix. In the end decided to stick with what I know, a Sunbeam. We've had our 750W Sunbream Maestro Pro for 13 years and it hasn't missed a beat, just the plastic bits are now brittle and breaking. So decided to get the 1400W Sunbeam LC9000. Love everything about it. So easy to use, does the work effortlessly, looks good, and so far experiencing none of the dramas others are talking about on this site.
Matt black looks great.

Food Processors

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 compares to other Food Processors

joanos

joanosWestern Australia

total rubbish !!!!!!!!!

For a processor costing this amount of money....this machine does nothing but stress you out!!!!!. Only had it 6 weeks and nothing except small cupcakes has been successfull. Had a moulinex for years and it did everything except serenade me. This sunbeam cafe 9000 rubbish cannot even julienne a carrot. Ends up all over your bench and looks like a fishes guts. I wish I had not purchased this product.... I consider myself to be a bit of a whizz in the kitchen and have everything that opens and closes. This is the only appliance that is currently in my kitchen that is a waste of bench space. Enough already !!!!!
The look
Everything

EmjoiAustraliaSunbeam

Hi Joanos,we are truly sorry you are experiencing these issues. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

EVMAU

Poor quality for price

Within months the "stainless steel" became tarnished. The top plastic section has many chips in the plastic where it locks into the base. This model was expensive so I assumed it would be a quality product. Not so. I always look after my appliances and expected much better from Sunbeam. Extremely disappointed.
Motor seems strong
Poor quality finish and components

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi EVM, we are very sorry to hear of this issue, could you please contact our Consumer Support on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

moo

moo

Blade didnt last long

We've got this food processor, used it less than 20 times. There is this little metal bit on the variable slice blade that act as some kind of limiter broke off which makes it useless. Call Sunbeam, got told it is not under warranty. This is stupid, how could it be not under warranty while it is clearly a manufacturing defect on the blade. my $10 knife from woolie last longer than this junk.
works when it wored
Quality is below standard

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Moo, we are very sorry to hear of this experience, could you please contact us again on 1300 881 861 to discuss further. Please ask to speak to Team Leader.

Kate NSW

Kate NSW

Faulty x 2

First purchase we discovered the base was chipped at the front. Returned to store and were made to feel like we had caused the problem. Using replacement for the first time and one of the rotating blades plastic centre attachment broke off. (Also found when using smaller/inner bowl, the contents leaked into the larger bowl underneath). Now we'll see how long it takes for a replacement to arrive as I have to write to Sunbeam with copies of my receipt (no ability to make this fault claim online - come on Sunbeam it's 2013).
The review before mine
Faulty twice in the space of one afternoon.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Kate, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, Could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881861 for further assistance.

Brilliant!!

I received this for Mother's Day and am thrilled to bits with the design and efficiency. How was this product going to pass my test??? The first thing was to make my home made protein balls. I processed the nuts and dates (I would usually have to stop/start in my blender to push the food near the blades otherwise I would have half processed food and the remainder left whole). The Sunbeam completed the task with ease and in the fraction of time it would usually take. I have always bought Sunbeam Cafe Series products and thus far, it doesn't disappoint.
Innovative and Sleek looking.
A bit heavy to move around.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 reviews