Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

MPNs: 5407, LC9000 and SNB-LC9000

Sueg9South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

The first time I used the shredder it broke. I got a replacement and it broke as well and the lid was damaged. Under warranty, I got a replacement machine. Seemed ok at first, but at times the motor made some very loud unexplained noises. The parts don't connect well with each other. Removing the discs or the blade from the spindle requires a lot of effort. Now a piece has fallen out of somewhere and the machine won't work at all. I have had enough and will be asking for my money back. This processor could have been fantastic but whoever actually manufactured it did a terrible job and I think it is fair to say that the product is absolute rubbish. I would advise strongly against purchasing one.

Purchased in August 2019.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sueg9,
Sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience, please return your unit and replace it for a different model. With our 12 month replacement warranty you have plenty of time to find the model that suits you and truly tested it out.

Anna

AnnaMelbourne

Awful, Stay Away, Conked Out After Only a Few Months

This worked well for a few months making pesto, hummus, chessecake mix, breadcrumbs etc but then conked out completely and the motor hasn't worked since. Simply not good enough, and what's worse I don't have the receipt. Not good enough, perhaps Sunbeam should reconsider using the cheapest possible manufacturing (because they clearly have been using that).

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Sunbeam food processor

You'll save time in the kitchen with Sunbeam's Food Processor. It has a double bowl feature so you can mix two things at once for faster results, and the auto pulse function provides short bursts of processing so you can continue food prep at the bench without having to continually press the pulse button. Plus, with the Sunbeam LC9000, the included accessories are conveniently stored in the built-in draw for quicker access.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 compares to other Food Processors

A little overpriced for what you get

It performs adequately although looks and feels a little flimsy.
Bought this after a massive fail with a Russell Hobbs and this one is still going which is a plus.
For the money though, I wish I'd invested in a more substantial model, it looks kind of cheap, certainly not an appliance I'd have on display any time.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

On my fourth machine is three years

When this machine works it works great. Does everything I need it to perfectly. But it's rate of breakdown is ridiculous. The first three machines were replaced by warranty but the fourth is now broken and is not covered. The lights come on and the bowl is locked in but when the buttons are pressed they just blink. I suspect it's a problem with the PCB. Can this be replaced or could it be a other issue?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Can't even do the basics

- Slicing was fairly useless as the blades are too far away from the chute leaving huge uncut chunks.
- Dropping food onto the chopping blades at the bottom cuts the fist few, then minces them while other pieces bounce around on top - barely touched.
- the whole thing is extremely fiddly to put together with blades precariously close to fingers most of the time it actually scared me to use it.
- We paid $299 on special for it and were swearing at it within 10 minutes.
- Sunbeam is on the black list for us now along with real estate agents, Harvey Norman, Sydney, Landcruiser and Jeep drivers, cyclists, crossfitters and anyone who enjoys wearing a suit to work. Oh and Trump of course.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Retunrned ours within months

We bought this food processor because I wanted to make nut butters etc. (which I told the sales staff and they recommended this machine). Unfortunately it doesn't have much power at all. Also, the motor couldn't seem to run for more than a few minutes because it got too hot and then I had to wait ages for it to cool down before I could try and continue with cooking. Infuriating.
I did think the bowl design was good because chopped food didn't get stuck under the lid and make a mess when you take the lid off.
But performance wise it deserves 0 stars. Sorry!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
iris

irismt martha

poor quality plastic jug

The motor is fine but this is the 2nd plastic jug that has bits falling off it. Just flimsy. The machine is not designed to last. I had a moulinex food processor that lasted 40 yrs. This one is lucky to last the year out. Its very expensive for a throw-away thing.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jill

JillPerth, WA

I year old and stopped working.

did all it should do and I was pleased with it and then it just stopped working, I don't have the receipt as it was a gift, and it will cost nearly $200 to fix, I year old and maybe used 12 times. I will buy a different brand and do my research for my new food processor.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

STOPPED WORKING

Bought it a few years ago and was working fine, did not overwork the machine maybe a dozen times a year then suddenly stopped working. For the price you pay I would have expected it to last decades. Buy cheap and replace regular, not Sunbeam tho. Disappointed, as a Chef I thought that I was buying a solid machine not a lemon

Date PurchasedJan 2012
LaninChris

LaninChrisAU

As a loyal Sunbeam customer (from the age of 16, now 38!), this product broke my heart

ClairGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of Money.

Stop now, do not buy this machine. It does not slice, process or even cut vegetables.
The issues are the design is flawed and the blades are rubbish. The blades sit approximately 2cm from the edge of the bowl so when you put for example an onion though the shoot to be sliced/julienned/shredded, it spins around a bit and then falls through the crack into the bowl. The bits that do get cut are usually juiced, not cut, so you end up with a sloppy, juicy, chunky mess when all you wanted was a cut onion. I have never been so disappointed with a machine. I would not even re-gift to someone I do not like!

Clair

Thank you for your apology however I think a more appropriate response would be to recall this product as it does not perform the functions it claims to.

stephen

stephen

mistake

this machine would have to be the worst appliance I have ever bought , who ever designed it was a moron it does not mix evenly, the blades are in the wrong position for it to work, properly also its hard to open & close. If sunbeam can't get it right why don't they just copy one that works. It was very expensive customers have been hoodwinked into thinking if you pay more you get something better how misleading. I wasted my money when I can afford to replace it, will give me great satisfaction to throw it in the garbage bin where it belongs I would never buy another sunbeam product again

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Robertlake haven

Don't waste your money!!!

I bought this food processor for my elderly mother who has bad arthritis in her hands, so she could julienne carrots without discomfort. Also thought it could make potato chips, (fries), was severely disappointed. It now sits on the kitchen bench gathering dust, and a constant reminder to do research on pricey appliances before purchasing.

Robert

Love how Sunbeam are responding to all the other comments bar mine.

Michael of Mascot

Michael of MascotSydney, NSW

Not for home

I bought this blender on the recommendation of a store assistant. She pointed out all the good features; double bowl, large input tube, inbuilt storage for blades, etc., When I got this home, I suddenly realised how big this unit is and had to take it completely apart for it to fit in my kitchen cupboard. It does not have a variable speed control, just on/off, pulse.
The bowl itself is large, so goo if you are creating something for a large family and the unit has a large and powerful motor.
If you do a lot of food processing in large amounts, then this is probably the unit for you, after all it is part of the Sunbeam Cafe Series!

Lana L

Lana LFremantle

Don't buy this product

joanos

joanosWestern Australia

total rubbish !!!!!!!!!

For a processor costing this amount of money....this machine does nothing but stress you out!!!!!. Only had it 6 weeks and nothing except small cupcakes has been successfull. Had a moulinex for years and it did everything except serenade me. This sunbeam cafe 9000 rubbish cannot even julienne a carrot. Ends up all over your bench and looks like a fishes guts. I wish I had not purchased this product.... I consider myself to be a bit of a whizz in the kitchen and have everything that opens and closes. This is the only appliance that is currently in my kitchen that is a waste of bench space. Enough already !!!!!
The look
Everything

EmjoiAustraliaSunbeam

Hi Joanos,we are truly sorry you are experiencing these issues. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

EVMAU

Poor quality for price

Within months the "stainless steel" became tarnished. The top plastic section has many chips in the plastic where it locks into the base. This model was expensive so I assumed it would be a quality product. Not so. I always look after my appliances and expected much better from Sunbeam. Extremely disappointed.
Motor seems strong
Poor quality finish and components

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi EVM, we are very sorry to hear of this issue, could you please contact our Consumer Support on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

moo

moo

Blade didnt last long

We've got this food processor, used it less than 20 times. There is this little metal bit on the variable slice blade that act as some kind of limiter broke off which makes it useless. Call Sunbeam, got told it is not under warranty. This is stupid, how could it be not under warranty while it is clearly a manufacturing defect on the blade. my $10 knife from woolie last longer than this junk.
works when it wored
Quality is below standard

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Moo, we are very sorry to hear of this experience, could you please contact us again on 1300 881 861 to discuss further. Please ask to speak to Team Leader.

Kate NSW

Kate NSW

Faulty x 2

First purchase we discovered the base was chipped at the front. Returned to store and were made to feel like we had caused the problem. Using replacement for the first time and one of the rotating blades plastic centre attachment broke off. (Also found when using smaller/inner bowl, the contents leaked into the larger bowl underneath). Now we'll see how long it takes for a replacement to arrive as I have to write to Sunbeam with copies of my receipt (no ability to make this fault claim online - come on Sunbeam it's 2013).
The review before mine
Faulty twice in the space of one afternoon.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Kate, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, Could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881861 for further assistance.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 reviews