Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

MPNs: 5407, LC9000 and SNB-LC9000

Sueg9South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

The first time I used the shredder it broke. I got a replacement and it broke as well and the lid was damaged. Under warranty, I got a replacement machine. Seemed ok at first, but at times the motor made some very loud unexplained noises. The parts don't connect well with each other. Removing the discs or the blade from the spindle requires a lot of effort. Now a piece has fallen out of somewhere and the machine won't work at all. I have had enough and will be asking for my money back. This processor could have been fantastic but whoever actually manufactured it did a terrible job and I think it is fair to say that the product is absolute rubbish. I would advise strongly against purchasing one.

Purchased in August 2019.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sueg9,
Sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience, please return your unit and replace it for a different model. With our 12 month replacement warranty you have plenty of time to find the model that suits you and truly tested it out.

Sasha
SashaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing machine

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Anna
AnnaMelbourne

Awful, Stay Away, Conked Out After Only a Few Months

This worked well for a few months making pesto, hummus, chessecake mix, breadcrumbs etc but then conked out completely and the motor hasn't worked since. Simply not good enough, and what's worse I don't have the receipt. Not good enough, perhaps Sunbeam should reconsider using the cheapest possible manufacturing (because they clearly have been using that).

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Susan
SusanCanberra

It works for us!

I'm surprised at the negative reviews here for the Sunbeam Cafe Series food processor. We have been using ours for nearly a year and are very happy with it. It's well designed and easy to clean.

The only negative is that the drawer with the attachments can be difficult to slide out and close.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
red rocker
red rockervictoria, 3081

Food processor my eye!

This food processor was great for three weeks but stopped working suddenly without a reason. I have a minimal budget and if this is the case for you too,do not loose your receipt! It seems to be a pattern as the same thing happened to my sisters unit. The design is pretty below par as the slicing blades sit way to far from the chute which means you end up with un cut chunks you need to do by hand which defeats the purpose! It is a pain to put together after a clean for use, don't we buy these things to speed up and improve our cooking? Bottom line : A waste of $310 and another useless appliance taking up space. I should have read a review here first!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Can't even do the basics

- Slicing was fairly useless as the blades are too far away from the chute leaving huge uncut chunks.
- Dropping food onto the chopping blades at the bottom cuts the fist few, then minces them while other pieces bounce around on top - barely touched.
- the whole thing is extremely fiddly to put together with blades precariously close to fingers most of the time it actually scared me to use it.
- We paid $299 on special for it and were swearing at it within 10 minutes.
- Sunbeam is on the black list for us now along with real estate agents, Harvey Norman, Sydney, Landcruiser and Jeep drivers, cyclists, crossfitters and anyone who enjoys wearing a suit to work. Oh and Trump of course.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Retunrned ours within months

We bought this food processor because I wanted to make nut butters etc. (which I told the sales staff and they recommended this machine). Unfortunately it doesn't have much power at all. Also, the motor couldn't seem to run for more than a few minutes because it got too hot and then I had to wait ages for it to cool down before I could try and continue with cooking. Infuriating.
I did think the bowl design was good because chopped food didn't get stuck under the lid and make a mess when you take the lid off.
But performance wise it deserves 0 stars. Sorry!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
iris
irismt martha

poor quality plastic jug

The motor is fine but this is the 2nd plastic jug that has bits falling off it. Just flimsy. The machine is not designed to last. I had a moulinex food processor that lasted 40 yrs. This one is lucky to last the year out. Its very expensive for a throw-away thing.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jill
JillPerth, WA

I year old and stopped working.

did all it should do and I was pleased with it and then it just stopped working, I don't have the receipt as it was a gift, and it will cost nearly $200 to fix, I year old and maybe used 12 times. I will buy a different brand and do my research for my new food processor.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

STOPPED WORKING

Bought it a few years ago and was working fine, did not overwork the machine maybe a dozen times a year then suddenly stopped working. For the price you pay I would have expected it to last decades. Buy cheap and replace regular, not Sunbeam tho. Disappointed, as a Chef I thought that I was buying a solid machine not a lemon

Date PurchasedJan 2012

My Sunbeam Cafe Series 1400w is dying

Was great for first couple of years but then machine started to short out the fuse box in the house.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Rowestar
RowestarMelbourne

Machine is dead after 5 years.

I bought this processor because I thought it would last considering it cost nearly $400. After finally realising it was tripping the safety switch for a long time it is now completely dead. It was used once a week on average. Its just over 5 years since I bought it. Very disappointed.

Excellent as a food processor, average as a slicer/julienne

After reading some reviews on here, and purchasing the food processor, decided to give some feedback of my own. Overall as a food processor it is a lot better than our last one. the s blade is excellent at processing both dry and wet ingredients. It can make a very smooth hummus and can process nuts/dried fruits to make health bars. Have tried cutting carrots and onions in julienne, it does an average job. I would say more shredded than julienne and the last bit definitely gets caught in the gap and you have to pick out the chunks, but saves me chopping up onions.

Brendan K.Sunbeam
ClairGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of Money.

Stop now, do not buy this machine. It does not slice, process or even cut vegetables.
The issues are the design is flawed and the blades are rubbish. The blades sit approximately 2cm from the edge of the bowl so when you put for example an onion though the shoot to be sliced/julienned/shredded, it spins around a bit and then falls through the crack into the bowl. The bits that do get cut are usually juiced, not cut, so you end up with a sloppy, juicy, chunky mess when all you wanted was a cut onion. I have never been so disappointed with a machine. I would not even re-gift to someone I do not like!

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Clair

Thank you for your apology however I think a more appropriate response would be to recall this product as it does not perform the functions it claims to.

stephen
stephen

mistake

this machine would have to be the worst appliance I have ever bought , who ever designed it was a moron it does not mix evenly, the blades are in the wrong position for it to work, properly also its hard to open & close. If sunbeam can't get it right why don't they just copy one that works. It was very expensive customers have been hoodwinked into thinking if you pay more you get something better how misleading. I wasted my money when I can afford to replace it, will give me great satisfaction to throw it in the garbage bin where it belongs I would never buy another sunbeam product again

Date PurchasedMar 2011