Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

MPNs: 5407, LC9000 and SNB-LC9000

Sueg9South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

The first time I used the shredder it broke. I got a replacement and it broke as well and the lid was damaged. Under warranty, I got a replacement machine. Seemed ok at first, but at times the motor made some very loud unexplained noises. The parts don't connect well with each other. Removing the discs or the blade from the spindle requires a lot of effort. Now a piece has fallen out of somewhere and the machine won't work at all. I have had enough and will be asking for my money back. This processor could have been fantastic but whoever actually manufactured it did a terrible job and I think it is fair to say that the product is absolute rubbish. I would advise strongly against purchasing one.

Purchased in August 2019.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sueg9,
Sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience, please return your unit and replace it for a different model. With our 12 month replacement warranty you have plenty of time to find the model that suits you and truly tested it out.

Anna

AnnaMelbourne

Awful, Stay Away, Conked Out After Only a Few Months

This worked well for a few months making pesto, hummus, chessecake mix, breadcrumbs etc but then conked out completely and the motor hasn't worked since. Simply not good enough, and what's worse I don't have the receipt. Not good enough, perhaps Sunbeam should reconsider using the cheapest possible manufacturing (because they clearly have been using that).

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Lily

LilySouthwest, VIC

Exactly as described

Love the power of this processor. Much quicker than the previous processor, also the double bowl feature is fantastic. The drawer that holds the discs is a great ides. The auto press fantastic, it allows me to be able to prepare whilst this is running. I recommend the LC9000. It perfect for what I want.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 compares to other Food Processors

Can't even do the basics

- Slicing was fairly useless as the blades are too far away from the chute leaving huge uncut chunks.
- Dropping food onto the chopping blades at the bottom cuts the fist few, then minces them while other pieces bounce around on top - barely touched.
- the whole thing is extremely fiddly to put together with blades precariously close to fingers most of the time it actually scared me to use it.
- We paid $299 on special for it and were swearing at it within 10 minutes.
- Sunbeam is on the black list for us now along with real estate agents, Harvey Norman, Sydney, Landcruiser and Jeep drivers, cyclists, crossfitters and anyone who enjoys wearing a suit to work. Oh and Trump of course.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Retunrned ours within months

We bought this food processor because I wanted to make nut butters etc. (which I told the sales staff and they recommended this machine). Unfortunately it doesn't have much power at all. Also, the motor couldn't seem to run for more than a few minutes because it got too hot and then I had to wait ages for it to cool down before I could try and continue with cooking. Infuriating.
I did think the bowl design was good because chopped food didn't get stuck under the lid and make a mess when you take the lid off.
But performance wise it deserves 0 stars. Sorry!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Peterb666

Peterb666Merimbula

Well designed processor and neat storage when not in use.

Bought a lovely red version of the LC9000 food processor, originally to use for running travelling cooking classes but now used in the kitchen. Regularly used for charity cook ups that produce 200 meals in a day.

Well made, durable (those having problems with bits falling off must be very rough with their stuff). Love how it all stores away in the based or inside the large bowl.

The auto pulse works very well. The machine is quite heavy and while that is a bit of an issue when moving it, you get a very stable machine as a result.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
iris

irismt martha

poor quality plastic jug

The motor is fine but this is the 2nd plastic jug that has bits falling off it. Just flimsy. The machine is not designed to last. I had a moulinex food processor that lasted 40 yrs. This one is lucky to last the year out. Its very expensive for a throw-away thing.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jill

JillPerth, WA

I year old and stopped working.

did all it should do and I was pleased with it and then it just stopped working, I don't have the receipt as it was a gift, and it will cost nearly $200 to fix, I year old and maybe used 12 times. I will buy a different brand and do my research for my new food processor.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

STOPPED WORKING

Bought it a few years ago and was working fine, did not overwork the machine maybe a dozen times a year then suddenly stopped working. For the price you pay I would have expected it to last decades. Buy cheap and replace regular, not Sunbeam tho. Disappointed, as a Chef I thought that I was buying a solid machine not a lemon

Date PurchasedJan 2012

ClairGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of Money.

Stop now, do not buy this machine. It does not slice, process or even cut vegetables.
The issues are the design is flawed and the blades are rubbish. The blades sit approximately 2cm from the edge of the bowl so when you put for example an onion though the shoot to be sliced/julienned/shredded, it spins around a bit and then falls through the crack into the bowl. The bits that do get cut are usually juiced, not cut, so you end up with a sloppy, juicy, chunky mess when all you wanted was a cut onion. I have never been so disappointed with a machine. I would not even re-gift to someone I do not like!

Clair

Thank you for your apology however I think a more appropriate response would be to recall this product as it does not perform the functions it claims to.

VintageDom

VintageDomSydney, NSW

So far so good

I've only had the machine for a couple of weeks. I used it to grate raw beetroot - it was done beautifully, I'm really impressed. There were a couple of larger pieces, but then all machines have this issue. I certainly couldn't grate it as quickly by hand. The machine is rather heavy - somewhere around the 10 kg mark & is rather large - need to put base in cupboard separately to bowl. Having the blades in the drawer means that everything is together in one unit. The variable shute size is also good, although I am finding that this is creating extra washing up.

Great Product

Great product, does everything. Great quality. Obviously the people giving it one star either have an issue with Sunbeam or are too dumb to use it properly. Some of them are obviously quite thick, like the one who gave it one star because it was too big after carrying the box home.

stephen

stephen

mistake

this machine would have to be the worst appliance I have ever bought , who ever designed it was a moron it does not mix evenly, the blades are in the wrong position for it to work, properly also its hard to open & close. If sunbeam can't get it right why don't they just copy one that works. It was very expensive customers have been hoodwinked into thinking if you pay more you get something better how misleading. I wasted my money when I can afford to replace it, will give me great satisfaction to throw it in the garbage bin where it belongs I would never buy another sunbeam product again

Date PurchasedMar 2011
RadicalReviewer

RadicalReviewerSydney, NSW

Top Performer!

Ive had this for over 2 years now and has been faultless! Gets used heavily by family of 5 adults. Gets used for huge feeds of coleslaw and the variable slicing disc and extra large feed chute is great for that.

One review mentioned they used the variable slicing disc in the small bowl. The instruction manual states to not use the slicing blade with the small bowl.

Nice and solid machine. Jug and lid made of firm plastic not flismy weak stuff that bends and cracks.

The mini blade can also slot ontop of the large blade, to make processing large batches even better providing consistent results. Highly recommend this food processor!

Rie

RieHobart, TAS

Brilliant

I totally adore my food processor! I ordered it online, so when I received it in the post I was surprised by the weight of the machine - but hey, that is a good thing because that means it can process tough foods without jiggling around the bench. Also, the little drawer at the bottom is a FAB idea to keep all the tools together! I keep the food processor on the corner of my bench and I use it every day - I'm either whizzing up vegies to go into spaghetti bolognese or slicing vegies for the slow cooker or processing butter & sugar for cookies or processing dates & coconut for snacks.
Brilliant. I love it.
....all it needs is a blade thingy like a food mixer and it'll be perfection!

Robertlake haven

Don't waste your money!!!

I bought this food processor for my elderly mother who has bad arthritis in her hands, so she could julienne carrots without discomfort. Also thought it could make potato chips, (fries), was severely disappointed. It now sits on the kitchen bench gathering dust, and a constant reminder to do research on pricey appliances before purchasing.

Robert

Love how Sunbeam are responding to all the other comments bar mine.

Lana L

Lana LFremantle

Don't buy this product

joanos

joanosWestern Australia

total rubbish !!!!!!!!!

For a processor costing this amount of money....this machine does nothing but stress you out!!!!!. Only had it 6 weeks and nothing except small cupcakes has been successfull. Had a moulinex for years and it did everything except serenade me. This sunbeam cafe 9000 rubbish cannot even julienne a carrot. Ends up all over your bench and looks like a fishes guts. I wish I had not purchased this product.... I consider myself to be a bit of a whizz in the kitchen and have everything that opens and closes. This is the only appliance that is currently in my kitchen that is a waste of bench space. Enough already !!!!!
The look
Everything

EmjoiAustraliaSunbeam

Hi Joanos,we are truly sorry you are experiencing these issues. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

EVMAU

Poor quality for price

Within months the "stainless steel" became tarnished. The top plastic section has many chips in the plastic where it locks into the base. This model was expensive so I assumed it would be a quality product. Not so. I always look after my appliances and expected much better from Sunbeam. Extremely disappointed.
Motor seems strong
Poor quality finish and components

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi EVM, we are very sorry to hear of this issue, could you please contact our Consumer Support on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

moo

moo

Blade didnt last long

We've got this food processor, used it less than 20 times. There is this little metal bit on the variable slice blade that act as some kind of limiter broke off which makes it useless. Call Sunbeam, got told it is not under warranty. This is stupid, how could it be not under warranty while it is clearly a manufacturing defect on the blade. my $10 knife from woolie last longer than this junk.
works when it wored
Quality is below standard

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Moo, we are very sorry to hear of this experience, could you please contact us again on 1300 881 861 to discuss further. Please ask to speak to Team Leader.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 reviews