Sunbeam London Collection TA2220 / TA2240

Sunbeam London Collection TA2220 / TA2240

TA2220B (Blue), TA2220BZ (Rose Bronze), TA2220CP (Champagne), TA2220G (Green), TA2220GR (Grey) and 8 more

So disappointed

I bought the matching kettle and toaster for our new home in January 2018. It has worked perfectly and looked beautiful on the bench. Yesterday, the lever failed to lock on one side, but thankfully the other side continued to work. This afternoon, we all discover the other side is now not working either. I appreciate this is only a toaster and I made the choice to buy an expensive one for cosmetic reasons, but I sincerely believed it would last longer than 18 months. Ive always been happy with Sunbeam appliances but this has left a very bitter taste.

I rang the service centre this afternoon before throwing it out, hoping there would be a trouble shooting solution but it was not to be. As it is longer than 12 months, its no longer under warranty - I would have thought Sunbeam would stand by their products, especially high end toasters with huge profit margins.

I wont be replacing it with Sunbeam!

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer for $150.00.

Hi Sam, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Your feedback is duly noted and I can assure you it will be passed on to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

My $12 Woolworths toaster lasted longer!

Worked well for 14 months and then it just died. It toasted well and bread did not burn or get stuck so I expected it to last longer for the price. I had a Woolworths $12 toaster in the past which lasted a lot longer! Not worth the money. It looked pretty though :(

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer.

Even Toasting Yes
Hi Sylvia, So sorry to hear this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 with your purchased receipt and details. Kind Regards, SunbeamHi, I cannot find the receipt, but I still have the box if that helps.Hi Sylvia, You won't need the box. Give the team a call to see if they can assist...

WEll It Does Toast one siee Perfectly

It's interesting. I was watching a 1991 Movie and they had poor quality toast. So did I back then but with 27 years to improve toasters I am convinced it will never happen. I have had a t least a dozen toasters since then and none of them survived nor did they ever produce a consistent result. This one doesn't either in spite of the high, much higher cost. I would go back to a $30 toaster from Coles but my wife likes the colour. It does look good. Yes I know bread is variable but I just think both sides should toast the same. Am I wrong to expect this simple result?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Stylish but very disappointing

Lovely looking toaster, but not a good performer. Didn't toast evenly and levers were always reluctant to stay down in toasting position. After one side stopped working and then a burnt electrical smell, we threw it away. It cost $126.65 to purchase and only lasted 18 months.
Of course the warranty period is 12 months.
Purchased in September 2016 and replaced in March 2018.
Wouldn't recommend. Found a Russell Hobbs toaster with a 2 year warranty.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Third toaster

Well this is the third toaster we have now after replacing the other two under warranty. We have cafe series coffee machine and grinder but had to replace the cafe series kettle because it leaked so we bit the bullet and bought a new toaster and kettle. Thumbs up so far for the kettle but three toasters later....what gives. It cooks on one side of the toast golden brown and the other is not even blushing. I filmed it to prove it. I will say the guys at the Good Guys replaced the second one we had with the current third one no questions asked. At least this side of the problem is working perfectly.

Yes. one of the slots doesn't cook on one side. I shall call it......... """""""SUNBEAMS NEW 3.5 SLOT TOASTER"""""....

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Very disappointed

I have had the sunbeam London collection 4 slice toaster for 4 days and it toasts on on one side of the bread. This is the reason why I replaced my previous toaster. The day after I bought the toaster, I bought the kettle to match it. I will be returning the toaster but now I'll have mismatched appliances. Very disappointed with the toaster. Seriously, the amount of money you pay for a 4 slice premium looking toaster and only to fail you.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Only toasts one side

Just got our new toaster as the old one had started only toasting one side of the bread (12 years of service mind you). Got our new flash shiny one and it's doing the same thing. Is it really that hard to make a toaster that makes toast the same as in photo on box? Grrrrrrr

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Looks good, 1 out of 4 slots only cooks one side

Replaced 4-slice Breville toaster whose RHS stopped staying down and sparked when electricity came on. This toaster looks good. Has LED-lit buttons for cancel, defrost and reheat. Crumb tray is easily accessible. Toasts OK in 3 slots but one slot toasts one side leaving other side uncooked. Looks aren't everything.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

A Toaster that works

Well it work It does what a toaster suppose to do.
The toast the same every time .
The setting are good all electronic control very stable.
But get the extended warranty . for peace of mind.
Unit looks the part take up a bit of room on the bench.

Hi Technician, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam TA2240W! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

I bought our toaster last year for our new house which we moved into last month. One side won't stay down...we need to push the leaver down 4 to 5 times to toast the bread on the left side. Is there some way to fix it because currently it is not fit for purpose. Thanks
It’s clearky faulty and you should simply return it for a replacement.If the product is not performing to the way it has been designed and the place you bought it from will not take the return, I suggest you familiarise yourself with ACCC website all about car Maurer law. Check out the link. This is a direct quote from then. If you buy something that isn't right, you have consumer rights. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guaranteesHi Kath, please call our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and they would be happy to further assist you.