Sunbeam Maestro TA6240

Sunbeam Maestro TA6240

MPN: SNB-TA6240

eagle north coast

eagle north coastMid North Coast, NSW

Keeps dying, wont start in cold weather when you turn it on, now it blows the circuit breaker. It’s dead after 5mths.

Less than three months old. Last seven days it hasn’t turned on twice when the power has been turned on. Leave it for four hrs plus and it beeps then comes on. Worst toaster ever. Overpriced piece of crap.

Purchased in February 2019 for $80.00.

Even Toasting Yes
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi eagle north coast,
Sorry to hear this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 so we can offer assistance...

KevinCrows Nest, Queensland

This toaster must be defective

Have used it now since receiving it from Appliances Online recently a few times and while using the crumpet feature notice the elements were not bright.The time to partly cook the crumpet was around 8 minutes.I took the crumpet feature off and immediately the elements brightened to what would be normal and is what they are when toasting bread.
Yet the book says when the crumpet feature is activated extra power is sent to the elements for the top part of the crumpet.
Very, very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Kevin

Well done Sunbeam Technical support crew, the toaster has been replaced and all is now well !!!!!!!!

Kevin

However a week later the crumpet setting has failed ! Chinese production is failing Sunbeam and the quality of an old Company is now compromised.

Kevin

Has now reached the end of its productive life, takes toast to cook twice over on the max setting !! Into the bin, never buy Sunbeam again which is sad as they once were a proud top product but ruined by Chinese bad production methods.

Electrical safety hazard

Toaster worked well for two weeks, then it continually tripped the circuit breaker. Tried it in other power circuits with same results. If it trips a circuit breaker, that means there is an electrical short which has a potential for electrocution and/or fire. This is a dangerous product as we noticed there are other reports of electrical safety issues. Additionally it is not possible to make fine timing adjustments which one would expect with a digital counter.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great toaster, smart (sort of) and has quite a few nice functions with digital timer

It is a nice toaster that I bought, quite pricey, but I wanted something that is going to last and function well. This sunbeam maestro seemed (so far 2.5 years) alright, and functioned pretty well, I particularly liked the digital timer thing which remembers your setting, though you have to keep it plugged in.

For a price of $79 at Harvey Norman, it was OK, since it was one of the best in that price range, and I hope it is going to last a bit longer.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Pink

PinkAdelaide

Great Toaster Great Price Too

Date PurchasedSep 2017

HappyMamaBear

HappyMamaBearGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caused a major electrical fire

Had this toaster for two years. Last night, about two minutes after my husband made toast, this toaster caught on fire, and a terrifying electrical fire ensued which filled much of the house with smoke and required evacuation and an emergency attendance by firefighting crew. Burns to our pantry, hardwood floors and outdoor decking occurred, and my husband received a burn to the hand.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

alexandraK

alexandraKMelbourne

Ah! Toast on Time

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Stu G.

Stu G.Canberra

Great if you only want to toast one side.

Purchased this toaster only to find it faulty as it would only toast one side.
Replaced with another only to find the same fault after about 6 months.
When it was working correctly it did a pretty good job, nice count down timer.
Not sure I will get another Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Gary

Gary

Great purchase

Got this on sale at Myer and just loving the digital timer on the front....no longer am I at the mercy of the toaster, I can know exactly when it's going to be ready. Haven't burnt anything in this, works well on all settings. Having taken back three Breville toasters, this was such a relief.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mimi

MimiBrisbane

Sunbeam you used to have a reputation to defend

I have had this model since January 2016. It never toasted perfectly, I had to keep turning the slices to get an even browning but now it has died. I bought this model because it had a crumpet setting, something I appreciate in a toaster, but had the same problem with having to turn the crumpet. Paid $104 for 14 months use - luckily I took out a care plan when I bought it so I will (hopefully) be reimbursed for this really bad purchase. IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A RELIABLE TOASTER?

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Lin

LinMelbourne

Do not waste your money

Terrible toaster, not cheap, a regrettable purchase. This toaster takes far too long to toast a slice of bread. Really Sunbeam 5 minutes to toast a piece of bread & even then it's not to my satisfaction!! Who has that amount of time to wait in the morning for their toast to be ready

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Daniel Y

Daniel YBrisbane

Broke after a year of light use

Used this toaster on the weekends; only once or twice a week and it broke after a bit over 12 months of use.

Didn't have any issues with the toaster up until this point.

Wasn't able to get it replaced under warranty because I lost the receipt and it was a few weeks out of warranty anyway; lesson learned, still disappointing given that I paid almost $100 for it and my $10 Kmart toaster from 4 years ago is still working.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

MaggieASydney, NSW

Blew up

This toaster literally blew up causing an electrical burning smell and spluttering sound while it was in standby, not even toasting. It was only about 2 years old. It was also poor at toasting evenly and did not defrost properly. We also suspected it was consuming power in standby mode.

Brendan K.Sunbeam
MaggieA

You are welcome. I purchased a Breville replacement.

IanH

IanHPerth

Scary

Had this toaster two or so years used around 4 times a week. One evening we were sitting watching tv and there was a noise like an arc welder from the kitchen for about three seconds. Went to check and the toaster display was off and there was a burning smell. The toaster has last been used about 12 hours earlier and was just sitting idle. The fuse did not trip which seems like this was a positive to neutral short which burned itself out. The type of fault that can cause a house fire. Given other reports of this model causing a fuse trips, it seems like there is a serious component flaw or design flaw. I won't be buying another.

Does the job

Bought my Sunbeam Maestro on line but after 7 months it blew up. Was told by Sunbeam to send it back to where I bought it from, which defeated the reason I bought it online. Explained this to Sunbeam who made arrangements for me to take it to one of their local agents.. I now have a brand new Maestro, Thank you Sunbeam.

Annette

Great except for the very uneven cooking!!!

Very, very disappointed as have to turn the toast in the middle of cooking or just overcooked one side and undercooked the other - seems to be on "crumpet" setting all the time. Other features good, but the cooking is so annoying I just want to chuck it! Bought the four slice one so more expensive. Choice magazine recommended it so even more annoyed that it can't cook a slice of toast evenly on both sides!

Lisa54

Lisa54Sydney, NSW

Pretty happy and good quality

It has some pretty good features like it shows you how long until the toast will pop up (has a countdown clock), and you can also lift the toast midcycle to see how its toasting without stopping the cycle. I looked at a good few toasters in stores and so many seemed cheap and nasty but this one is comparatively good quality. Can seem to burn some toast edges sometimes but usually gives good enough even browning.
Quality, countdown timer, lift mid cycle
Sometimes burns bread edges

Dave Walsh

Dave WalshSouth East Queensland, QLD

The elements are not evenly burning ...

I had a good toaster , but since starting to bake my own bread , i needed a longer slot to toast my bread .
I therefore trusted sunbeam and purchased this toaster. Very disappointed as it doesn't cook toast evenly at all. one side burns on the edge the other doesn't cook, all over uneven. understandably as the elements re not burning evenly.
Looks great with digital timer
doesn't do its job.

Pretty Good Toaster

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi SambOz, thank you for your feedback which will certainly be forwarded onto our Design & Technology teams.

ABC
ABC
SambOz

Perhaps take it back ABC, when I hear a beeping noise I think its the smoke alarm and in our place that means meal time ..LOL

Dave