MPN: SNB-TA6240

Keeps dying, wont start in cold weather when you turn it on, now it blows the circuit breaker. It’s dead after 5mths.

Less than three months old. Last seven days it hasn’t turned on twice when the power has been turned on. Leave it for four hrs plus and it beeps then comes on. Worst toaster ever. Overpriced piece of crap.

Purchased in February 2019 for $80.00.

Even Toasting Yes
Hi eagle north coast, Sorry to hear this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 so we can offer assistance...

This toaster must be defective

Have used it now since receiving it from Appliances Online recently a few times and while using the crumpet feature notice the elements were not bright.The time to partly cook the crumpet was around 8 minutes.I took the crumpet feature off and immediately the elements brightened to what would be normal and is what they are when toasting bread.
Yet the book says when the crumpet feature is activated extra power is sent to the elements for the top part of the crumpet.
Very, very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Well done Sunbeam Technical support crew, the toaster has been replaced and all is now well !!!!!!!!However a week later the crumpet setting has failed ! Chinese production is failing Sunbeam and the quality of an old Company is now compromised.Has now reached the end of its productive life, takes toast to cook twice over on the max setting !! Into the bin, never buy Sunbeam again which is sad as they once were a proud top product but ruined by Chinese bad production methods.

Electrical safety hazard

Toaster worked well for two weeks, then it continually tripped the circuit breaker. Tried it in other power circuits with same results. If it trips a circuit breaker, that means there is an electrical short which has a potential for electrocution and/or fire. This is a dangerous product as we noticed there are other reports of electrical safety issues. Additionally it is not possible to make fine timing adjustments which one would expect with a digital counter.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great toaster, smart (sort of) and has quite a few nice functions with digital timer

It is a nice toaster that I bought, quite pricey, but I wanted something that is going to last and function well. This sunbeam maestro seemed (so far 2.5 years) alright, and functioned pretty well, I particularly liked the digital timer thing which remembers your setting, though you have to keep it plugged in.

For a price of $79 at Harvey Norman, it was OK, since it was one of the best in that price range, and I hope it is going to last a bit longer.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Great Toaster Great Price Too

I purchase this Sunbeam Toaster after much deliberation and we are very happy with the results. It toasts Crumpets to perfection, it toasts them so they are nice & fluffy, perfection. It is the perfect size to sit on the benchtop and not take up too much space, has some great features on it like the illuminated count down timer that lets you know how long it is going to take, also the tone to let you know the toast is done, the high lift feature is great to use if you want to check and see how things are going so all in all a really good toaster, we did purchase the longer version but took it back as it was just too bulky and long taking up too much space on the benchtop, whereas this one slots in nicely very compact so very happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Caused a major electrical fire

Had this toaster for two years. Last night, about two minutes after my husband made toast, this toaster caught on fire, and a terrifying electrical fire ensued which filled much of the house with smoke and required evacuation and an emergency attendance by firefighting crew. Burns to our pantry, hardwood floors and outdoor decking occurred, and my husband received a burn to the hand.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Ah! Toast on Time

Recent purchase - it's day 3 and I'm still lamenting the sudden failure of my Tefal extra wide single toaster which toasted admirably.
David Jones were offering discounted specials on toasters ranging from brand super glam to outright ordinary. I chose ordinary because of price and function. This toaster does what it is supposed to do, simply toast: croissants, sourdough and fruit bread. The best feature is an illuminated count down timer showing time remaining before toast is done (Tefal used to have that feature in a discontinued model).
I toast my sourdough twice on a low setting for a perfect dry crunch result - delicious! The toaster alerts you with an audible tone when toast is ready so between that and my kettle it's a tonal symphony in my kitchen. Two other features I enjoy are the high lift feature that allows you to extract small pieces of toast. The other Is when the toaster is left unattended it drops into standby - for me it's a reminder to switch it off at the wall and conserve energy. But by far the best feature is its compact footprint on my kitchen bench - unobtrusive sleek and stainless steel.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great if you only want to toast one side.

Purchased this toaster only to find it faulty as it would only toast one side.
Replaced with another only to find the same fault after about 6 months.
When it was working correctly it did a pretty good job, nice count down timer.
Not sure I will get another Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great purchase

Got this on sale at Myer and just loving the digital timer on the front....no longer am I at the mercy of the toaster, I can know exactly when it's going to be ready. Haven't burnt anything in this, works well on all settings. Having taken back three Breville toasters, this was such a relief.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Sunbeam you used to have a reputation to defend

I have had this model since January 2016. It never toasted perfectly, I had to keep turning the slices to get an even browning but now it has died. I bought this model because it had a crumpet setting, something I appreciate in a toaster, but had the same problem with having to turn the crumpet. Paid $104 for 14 months use - luckily I took out a care plan when I bought it so I will (hopefully) be reimbursed for this really bad purchase. IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A RELIABLE TOASTER?

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Do not waste your money

Terrible toaster, not cheap, a regrettable purchase. This toaster takes far too long to toast a slice of bread. Really Sunbeam 5 minutes to toast a piece of bread & even then it's not to my satisfaction!! Who has that amount of time to wait in the morning for their toast to be ready

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Broke after a year of light use

Used this toaster on the weekends; only once or twice a week and it broke after a bit over 12 months of use.

Didn't have any issues with the toaster up until this point.

Wasn't able to get it replaced under warranty because I lost the receipt and it was a few weeks out of warranty anyway; lesson learned, still disappointing given that I paid almost $100 for it and my $10 Kmart toaster from 4 years ago is still working.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Blew up

This toaster literally blew up causing an electrical burning smell and spluttering sound while it was in standby, not even toasting. It was only about 2 years old. It was also poor at toasting evenly and did not defrost properly. We also suspected it was consuming power in standby mode.

Hi MaggieA. I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kind Regards SunbeamYou are welcome. I purchased a Breville replacement.

Scary

Had this toaster two or so years used around 4 times a week. One evening we were sitting watching tv and there was a noise like an arc welder from the kitchen for about three seconds. Went to check and the toaster display was off and there was a burning smell. The toaster has last been used about 12 hours earlier and was just sitting idle. The fuse did not trip which seems like this was a positive to neutral short which burned itself out. The type of fault that can cause a house fire. Given other reports of this model causing a fuse trips, it seems like there is a serious component flaw or design flaw. I won't be buying another.

Does the job

Bought my Sunbeam Maestro on line but after 7 months it blew up. Was told by Sunbeam to send it back to where I bought it from, which defeated the reason I bought it online. Explained this to Sunbeam who made arrangements for me to take it to one of their local agents.. I now have a brand new Maestro, Thank you Sunbeam.

Great except for the very uneven cooking!!!

Very, very disappointed as have to turn the toast in the middle of cooking or just overcooked one side and undercooked the other - seems to be on "crumpet" setting all the time. Other features good, but the cooking is so annoying I just want to chuck it! Bought the four slice one so more expensive. Choice magazine recommended it so even more annoyed that it can't cook a slice of toast evenly on both sides!

And one year later this toaster is now in the steel recycling as it suddenly overheated one just one side element - was glowing like crazy. Unplugged this amazingly annoying toaster and chucked it into the steel recycling bin....back to the cheap plastic supermarket toaster. Mightn't look great but it does cook evenly and without intervention!!!Reading the newer reviews on this piece of rubbish toaster, I am amazed it is still available for sale. Sunbeam should be ashamed to sell this piece of garbage at such a high price. Would update my star rating if I could and give it ZERO - glad it has gone to the recyclers!!!

Pretty happy and good quality

It has some pretty good features like it shows you how long until the toast will pop up (has a countdown clock), and you can also lift the toast midcycle to see how its toasting without stopping the cycle. I looked at a good few toasters in stores and so many seemed cheap and nasty but this one is comparatively good quality. Can seem to burn some toast edges sometimes but usually gives good enough even browning.
Quality, countdown timer, lift mid cycle
Sometimes burns bread edges

The elements are not evenly burning ...

I had a good toaster , but since starting to bake my own bread , i needed a longer slot to toast my bread .
I therefore trusted sunbeam and purchased this toaster. Very disappointed as it doesn't cook toast evenly at all. one side burns on the edge the other doesn't cook, all over uneven. understandably as the elements re not burning evenly.
Looks great with digital timer
doesn't do its job.

Pretty Good Toaster

Bought the first one about a month ago, went well for about a week or so then it stopped working. When power was turned on at the wall it emitted a loud tone which wouldn't go off. Returned toaster local place of purchase who replaced it with identical one, so far so good. ( Quality Assurance SUNBEAM ?? )

The toaster is nice to use and the adjustment for cook time works well as does the toast lift lever on the side to see how it's going. If you think it will need longer then it's simple to select a longer cook time without interrupting the cook cycle.
Toasts well, cost round $87 so moderately priced. Easy to use and has re warm feature.
The toaster has a RELIABILITY question hanging over its head, if it is still going well in a five years then I'd give it a four ++ rating and recommend it to a friend.

Hi SambOz, thank you for your feedback which will certainly be forwarded onto our Design & Technology teams.I'll second this comment. Ours was a replacement for three (count them, 3) Sunbeam toasters of another model that all failed in a row. This one works, but has intermittent issues - it'll beep for no obvious reason, at any time of day, and the LCD display flickers. Who on earth thought it'd be a good idea to make a digital toaster?Perhaps take it back ABC, when I hear a beeping noise I think its the smoke alarm and in our place that means meal time ..LOL

Great value for money

The two-slice toaster is a nicely designed product with the best "hi-lift" feature than any other toaster around the same price range, which is why I bought it. The high-lift is plenty for small items like muffins - you can lift the lever up so that half of the muffin is clear of the toaster. It has a LED count-down timer that tells you how long it'll take to toast, five preset toast settings (1 to 5) rather than a rotating knob that is usual, and three other preset buttons for crumpets, defrost and reheat (push-buttons to toggle on/off). It seems a bit gimmicky at first, but the preset timing settings are okay. It beeps when you pull the lever down and when it finishes toasting, but quietly (nowhere near as as loud as a microwave oven beep). You get a nice even browning, and a "quick check" feature where you can lift up the lever to check the bread while it's still toasting. The slots are very wide (around 4cm) so it'll take thick slices easily.
Very good high lift feature and very wide slots
Brushed aluminium finish collects fingerprints easily and tarnishes - so regular cleaning outside is needed

See all Sunbeam Maestro TA6240 / TA6440 reviews