Sunbeam Maestro TA6240 / TA6440

Sunbeam Maestro TA6240 / TA6440 (page 2 of 3)

TA6440, TA6240

Wizard_ausSouth Australia, 5162

Does what its meant to do - TOAST

Even though it has a digital cook display it is easy to use.
Cooks toast evenly and not over cooked.
Crumpets are perfect.
A little more expensive than I would normally pay, but that seems to be the way with toasters these days.
Was recommended by a friend and word of mouth is how they sell products these days.
Highly recommended product

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Sleepless in Brisbane

Sleepless in BrisbaneBrisbane

LITTLE RAY OF "SUNBEAM" HAS COME INTO OUR WORLD! - SUNBEAM MAESTRO -

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Alnewt

AlnewtHamilton

Broke exactly two weeks after purchase

Bought this toaster just over two weeks ago and loved it. Did a great job of toasting and had a countdown so you knew how long until the toast would be ready. But after only two weeks the outer two elements have stopped working. To have a brand new toaster fail in such a short period of time is appalling. We use our toaster daily so I'll be returning this one and getting a different brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Vickers

VickersSydney

Fire hazard

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Mimi

MimiBrisbane

Sunbeam you used to have a reputation to defend

I have had this model since January 2016. It never toasted perfectly, I had to keep turning the slices to get an even browning but now it has died. I bought this model because it had a crumpet setting, something I appreciate in a toaster, but had the same problem with having to turn the crumpet. Paid $104 for 14 months use - luckily I took out a care plan when I bought it so I will (hopefully) be reimbursed for this really bad purchase. IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A RELIABLE TOASTER?

Date PurchasedJan 2016

DaniD

DaniDPerth

Rubbish....

This was nearly the most expensive toaster at the shop I bought at, and it was had issue from day 1
* takes ages to toast
* 7 months later stops working then starts to beep uncontrollably so turn off at power for ten minutes then turn back on flashing led screen, beeping starts again and toaster is buggered.
So very very disappointed as I should have done what I suspected in the beginning is to buy a cheap toaster, if it stuffs up in one year no worries...a case of you get what you pay for, except I paid $130 and it's total rubbish.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Phil

PhilSydney, NSW

OK so far

I bought before reading reviews so assessment subject to future reliability but at $89 has a lot going for it. Surprised to see the box labelled it as 1040W when that is the wattage of the smaller model! 1800W is par for size so no issue there. Main positive is ability to take slices larger than standard sliced. Not all that keen on the LED aspect as more to go wrong but useful nonetheless. Ability to lift toast to see how it is going is useful. Able to toast up to about 7 minutes is useful but need to keep your eye on it as a result.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lin

LinMelbourne

Do not waste your money

Terrible toaster, not cheap, a regrettable purchase. This toaster takes far too long to toast a slice of bread. Really Sunbeam 5 minutes to toast a piece of bread & even then it's not to my satisfaction!! Who has that amount of time to wait in the morning for their toast to be ready

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Daniel Y

Daniel YBrisbane

Broke after a year of light use

Used this toaster on the weekends; only once or twice a week and it broke after a bit over 12 months of use.

Didn't have any issues with the toaster up until this point.

Wasn't able to get it replaced under warranty because I lost the receipt and it was a few weeks out of warranty anyway; lesson learned, still disappointing given that I paid almost $100 for it and my $10 Kmart toaster from 4 years ago is still working.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

MaggieASydney, NSW

Blew up

This toaster literally blew up causing an electrical burning smell and spluttering sound while it was in standby, not even toasting. It was only about 2 years old. It was also poor at toasting evenly and did not defrost properly. We also suspected it was consuming power in standby mode.

MaggieA

You are welcome. I purchased a Breville replacement.

IanH

IanHPerth

Scary

Had this toaster two or so years used around 4 times a week. One evening we were sitting watching tv and there was a noise like an arc welder from the kitchen for about three seconds. Went to check and the toaster display was off and there was a burning smell. The toaster has last been used about 12 hours earlier and was just sitting idle. The fuse did not trip which seems like this was a positive to neutral short which burned itself out. The type of fault that can cause a house fire. Given other reports of this model causing a fuse trips, it seems like there is a serious component flaw or design flaw. I won't be buying another.

Possum

PossumWellington Point

lemon

This Sunbeam 4 slice toaster I bought from G.G. in September 2015 has turned out to be a bit of a dud. On normal setting does not brown, and blown the circuit breaker twice. If I up the toast range it burns it. I am losing faith in Sunbeam products big time.

Wendy

Wendyperth

kept shorting out

Our second Maestro. First one stopped working after 2 years. The new one tripped within one week and we lost power through the whole house. One week later it did the same thing. So we returned it to David Jones and got our money back. Where is the quality control at Sunbeam or any manufacturer of toasters? It seems to be non-existent.

Does the job

Bought my Sunbeam Maestro on line but after 7 months it blew up. Was told by Sunbeam to send it back to where I bought it from, which defeated the reason I bought it online. Explained this to Sunbeam who made arrangements for me to take it to one of their local agents.. I now have a brand new Maestro, Thank you Sunbeam.

Does not flip up with 4 slices of toast - SUNBEAM customer service were Useless! Do not buy.

This is my 2nd toaster of the same model in 3 months. It does not toast evenly; has to be switched off at times as the electronic display goes blank; does not flip up when toasting bagels or longer bread such as sourdough.

Instead of returning the toaster back to David Jones (again) I called Sunbeam customer service and explained my dramas with both toasters. Well, what a waste of time that was!!! I got told that maybe there maybe a batch problem and they could not help me and to go back to my place of purchase.

Never again Sunbeam!

FlyfishingnutAU

Broken after 4 1/2 months of light use.

Cooks unevenly and now has broken after 4 1/2 months of light use. Only gets used 2-3 times a week at the most. It wont turn on now, no lights and no action. Lets see how we go taking it back to The Good Guys for a replacement as it has a 12 month replacement warranty.

Flyfishingnut

The Good Guys replaced it without question.. Lets see how the new one goes.

Flyfishingnut

This one cooks a little more evenly.

Terrible product

I purchased a TA6440 Maestro 4 Slice toaster from the Good Guys two days ago. We went to use it yesterday morning and the leaver to push the toast down was broken. We called the Good Guys and exchanged it for a new one. Got it home and last night went to make some toast. It worked initially until the toast popped. As it popped up it sparked and then went bang! (a large flash and smoke came out of the toaster). It also tripped the circuit breaker in the house. I’m just glad it wasn’t one of my two young girls using it. I'm about to call the Good Guys for the second time in two days. Not impressed and will not be getting another Sunbeam.

Disappointed

Bought this toaster after reading reviews in August 2013 - reviews seemed better than they are now! Toaster died in June 2015 - less than 2 years old. Cannot attempt repair of element at home due to special screws holding base of toaster in place. Never happy with the crumpet setting, and the bread always toasted unevenly - one side more than the other. Overall very disappointed with a toaster sold for $130 - expected more for our money.

Racho

Always on toast setting, piece of crap!

What a shameful appliance! $100 for a toaster that cooks one sided. Seems to short out on the outer burners. Absolutely disappointed with this. I'm not the only one with this problem it seems. Where is your apology and refund Sunbeam?!

Racho

Still crap... sometimes the lights don't work, other times the counter restarts counting after the toast pops. Still only toasts one sided. Getting a new one from Kmart for $8, can't be any worse!

Annette

Great except for the very uneven cooking!!!

Very, very disappointed as have to turn the toast in the middle of cooking or just overcooked one side and undercooked the other - seems to be on "crumpet" setting all the time. Other features good, but the cooking is so annoying I just want to chuck it! Bought the four slice one so more expensive. Choice magazine recommended it so even more annoyed that it can't cook a slice of toast evenly on both sides!

Darwin Dan

Darwin Danasked

After 3 years of great toasting, the LCD screen is dying and the display is really weak. Can this be fixed or will it be cheaper to replace the toaster? I was expecting 10 years from this machine.

Hi there, sorry I have no idea. Maybe you could phone Sunbeam or a local fixit company. Mine burns the crust and leaved the middle pale. So not happy now either. Think these days to get 3 years is pretty good. If you can wait till the January sales you'd get a really good price. Shop around. Hope this helps. cheers Dianne.

Wizard_aus

Sorry can't actually help you on that one. Best thing to do is contact manufacturer or a reputable service centre. Considering the throw away society we are I'm guessing a new one... good luck

lwbls1

lwbls1asked

Purchased a TA6440 this weekend, after my old toaster died after 7 years of faithful service. The timing settings on this toaster are crazy!!! We are regular crumpet eaters and on the lowest setting 1, the time defaults to 4.00 minutes, this is way too long for crumpets. There is no way you can leave this unattended to cook and it would be downright dangerous to let children use this product.
Why on earth would you need a setting of 6 which equates to nearly 7 minutes on the crumpet setting - its a house fire waiting to happen??

Lisa
Lisa

Strange my crumpet setting is timed lime the:
1 = 1min 45 sec
2 = 2 min 05 sec
3 = 2 min 25 sec..... up to 6 = 3 min 20 sec. This is for the 2 slice version. Maybe yours is potentially faulty/calibrayed wrongly at the factory.

Annette

Just went to check and mine also says 6 minutes 40 seconds on crumpet setting for 6 - I have never checked that out! It is crazy!!! Would never use it that's for sure - also find the 4 minutes on the minimum time setting a bit crazy - why doesn't it start at 2 minutes and go up to 4 max???

You will notice too that once you have used the toaster, the time settings vary according to how hot the elements are, so 1 drops back as far as about 53 seconds on the second lot of toast.

The theory of this toaster is excellent, it is just that the actual functions are crap!!!

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives