Sunbeam Maestro TA6240 / TA6440

Sunbeam Maestro TA6240 / TA6440 (page 2 of 3)

TA6240 and TA6440

LITTLE RAY OF "SUNBEAM" HAS COME INTO OUR WORLD! - SUNBEAM MAESTRO -

Well, my Breville toaster had to be returned. It burnt the crusts and hardly warmed the face of the toast. There was something really wrong with the one I bought. So I decided to change brands and buy the Sunbeam Maestro 4 slice toaster. I'm so glad I did. The finish and styling is 1st class. It's not tinny and all the buttons are right on the front. It has an LCD Panel which gives options with the settings. There's Defrost, Crumpets and reheat and all the preset timings can be adjusted either lengthening or shortening the cooking time to suit. The lift and look feature goes a lot higher than most toasters so it's easy to grab the toast without pain! (i.e. burnt fingers) Like all toasters the bar on the top does get marks from toasting so I phoned Sunbeam and they suggested sprinkling Bi Carb soda on a cloth and damping it with white vinegar, just go easy on the amount you use, because it can drop down inside the toaster. It works though and I can keep my Sunbeam looking shiny and new for years to come. It's a very well made and well designed toaster. I'm happy. Dianne

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Broke exactly two weeks after purchase

Bought this toaster just over two weeks ago and loved it. Did a great job of toasting and had a countdown so you knew how long until the toast would be ready. But after only two weeks the outer two elements have stopped working. To have a brand new toaster fail in such a short period of time is appalling. We use our toaster daily so I'll be returning this one and getting a different brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Fire hazard

Our toaster was 2 years old. We used it regularly and in general it did the job it needed to do and we loved the toaster. Occasionally it did not toast evenly. Last week I cooked 4 slices of toast. After cosuming the toast I proceeded to leave the house and then smelt something burning. I returned to the kitchen to find flames coming from the toaster and the plastic melted and burning across the bench top. I needed the fire blanket to extinguish the fire! This was not related to residual toast in the base as I had emptied it the previous week.
Because we liked the toaster I bought another last week. Tonight I again toasted 4 slices of bread. At the completion of the toasting cycle the ejection lever was released and the element remained on and burning. I will be returning this toaster tomorrow.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Sunbeam you used to have a reputation to defend

I have had this model since January 2016. It never toasted perfectly, I had to keep turning the slices to get an even browning but now it has died. I bought this model because it had a crumpet setting, something I appreciate in a toaster, but had the same problem with having to turn the crumpet. Paid $104 for 14 months use - luckily I took out a care plan when I bought it so I will (hopefully) be reimbursed for this really bad purchase. IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A RELIABLE TOASTER?

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Rubbish....

This was nearly the most expensive toaster at the shop I bought at, and it was had issue from day 1
* takes ages to toast
* 7 months later stops working then starts to beep uncontrollably so turn off at power for ten minutes then turn back on flashing led screen, beeping starts again and toaster is buggered.
So very very disappointed as I should have done what I suspected in the beginning is to buy a cheap toaster, if it stuffs up in one year no worries...a case of you get what you pay for, except I paid $130 and it's total rubbish.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

OK so far

I bought before reading reviews so assessment subject to future reliability but at $89 has a lot going for it. Surprised to see the box labelled it as 1040W when that is the wattage of the smaller model! 1800W is par for size so no issue there. Main positive is ability to take slices larger than standard sliced. Not all that keen on the LED aspect as more to go wrong but useful nonetheless. Ability to lift toast to see how it is going is useful. Able to toast up to about 7 minutes is useful but need to keep your eye on it as a result.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Do not waste your money

Terrible toaster, not cheap, a regrettable purchase. This toaster takes far too long to toast a slice of bread. Really Sunbeam 5 minutes to toast a piece of bread & even then it's not to my satisfaction!! Who has that amount of time to wait in the morning for their toast to be ready

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Broke after a year of light use

Used this toaster on the weekends; only once or twice a week and it broke after a bit over 12 months of use.

Didn't have any issues with the toaster up until this point.

Wasn't able to get it replaced under warranty because I lost the receipt and it was a few weeks out of warranty anyway; lesson learned, still disappointing given that I paid almost $100 for it and my $10 Kmart toaster from 4 years ago is still working.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Blew up

This toaster literally blew up causing an electrical burning smell and spluttering sound while it was in standby, not even toasting. It was only about 2 years old. It was also poor at toasting evenly and did not defrost properly. We also suspected it was consuming power in standby mode.

Hi MaggieA. I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kind Regards SunbeamYou are welcome. I purchased a Breville replacement.

Scary

Had this toaster two or so years used around 4 times a week. One evening we were sitting watching tv and there was a noise like an arc welder from the kitchen for about three seconds. Went to check and the toaster display was off and there was a burning smell. The toaster has last been used about 12 hours earlier and was just sitting idle. The fuse did not trip which seems like this was a positive to neutral short which burned itself out. The type of fault that can cause a house fire. Given other reports of this model causing a fuse trips, it seems like there is a serious component flaw or design flaw. I won't be buying another.

lemon

This Sunbeam 4 slice toaster I bought from G.G. in September 2015 has turned out to be a bit of a dud. On normal setting does not brown, and blown the circuit breaker twice. If I up the toast range it burns it. I am losing faith in Sunbeam products big time.

Hi Possum, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

kept shorting out

Our second Maestro. First one stopped working after 2 years. The new one tripped within one week and we lost power through the whole house. One week later it did the same thing. So we returned it to David Jones and got our money back. Where is the quality control at Sunbeam or any manufacturer of toasters? It seems to be non-existent.

Dear Wendy, Thank you for your review. All feedback is taken seriously & passed onto the relevant departments. We apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Does the job

Bought my Sunbeam Maestro on line but after 7 months it blew up. Was told by Sunbeam to send it back to where I bought it from, which defeated the reason I bought it online. Explained this to Sunbeam who made arrangements for me to take it to one of their local agents.. I now have a brand new Maestro, Thank you Sunbeam.

Does not flip up with 4 slices of toast - SUNBEAM customer service were Useless! Do not buy.

This is my 2nd toaster of the same model in 3 months. It does not toast evenly; has to be switched off at times as the electronic display goes blank; does not flip up when toasting bagels or longer bread such as sourdough.

Instead of returning the toaster back to David Jones (again) I called Sunbeam customer service and explained my dramas with both toasters. Well, what a waste of time that was!!! I got told that maybe there maybe a batch problem and they could not help me and to go back to my place of purchase.

Never again Sunbeam!

Broken after 4 1/2 months of light use.

Cooks unevenly and now has broken after 4 1/2 months of light use. Only gets used 2-3 times a week at the most. It wont turn on now, no lights and no action. Lets see how we go taking it back to The Good Guys for a replacement as it has a 12 month replacement warranty.

The Good Guys replaced it without question.. Lets see how the new one goes.This one cooks a little more evenly.

Terrible product

I purchased a TA6440 Maestro 4 Slice toaster from the Good Guys two days ago. We went to use it yesterday morning and the leaver to push the toast down was broken. We called the Good Guys and exchanged it for a new one. Got it home and last night went to make some toast. It worked initially until the toast popped. As it popped up it sparked and then went bang! (a large flash and smoke came out of the toaster). It also tripped the circuit breaker in the house. I’m just glad it wasn’t one of my two young girls using it. I'm about to call the Good Guys for the second time in two days. Not impressed and will not be getting another Sunbeam.

Disappointed

Bought this toaster after reading reviews in August 2013 - reviews seemed better than they are now! Toaster died in June 2015 - less than 2 years old. Cannot attempt repair of element at home due to special screws holding base of toaster in place. Never happy with the crumpet setting, and the bread always toasted unevenly - one side more than the other. Overall very disappointed with a toaster sold for $130 - expected more for our money.

Always on toast setting, piece of crap!

What a shameful appliance! $100 for a toaster that cooks one sided. Seems to short out on the outer burners. Absolutely disappointed with this. I'm not the only one with this problem it seems. Where is your apology and refund Sunbeam?!

Still crap... sometimes the lights don't work, other times the counter restarts counting after the toast pops. Still only toasts one sided. Getting a new one from Kmart for $8, can't be any worse!Hi Racho, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

Great except for the very uneven cooking!!!

Very, very disappointed as have to turn the toast in the middle of cooking or just overcooked one side and undercooked the other - seems to be on "crumpet" setting all the time. Other features good, but the cooking is so annoying I just want to chuck it! Bought the four slice one so more expensive. Choice magazine recommended it so even more annoyed that it can't cook a slice of toast evenly on both sides!

And one year later this toaster is now in the steel recycling as it suddenly overheated one just one side element - was glowing like crazy. Unplugged this amazingly annoying toaster and chucked it into the steel recycling bin....back to the cheap plastic supermarket toaster. Mightn't look great but it does cook evenly and without intervention!!!Reading the newer reviews on this piece of rubbish toaster, I am amazed it is still available for sale. Sunbeam should be ashamed to sell this piece of garbage at such a high price. Would update my star rating if I could and give it ZERO - glad it has gone to the recyclers!!!

Terrible - broke after toasting 1 slice of bread

Bought toaster from good guys, and after just using it once the inside element has stopped working! Definitely replacing and no I won't be replacing with a sunbeam. Thanks sunbeam for wasting my time!

After 3 years of great toasting, the LCD screen is dying and the display is really weak. Can this be fixed or will it be cheaper to replace the toaster? I was expecting 10 years from this machine.
Hi there, sorry I have no idea. Maybe you could phone Sunbeam or a local fixit company. Mine burns the crust and leaved the middle pale. So not happy now either. Think these days to get 3 years is pretty good. If you can wait till the January sales you'd get a really good price. Shop around. Hope this helps. cheers Dianne.Sorry can't actually help you on that one. Best thing to do is contact manufacturer or a reputable service centre. Considering the throw away society we are I'm guessing a new one... good luck

Purchased a TA6440 this weekend, after my old toaster died after 7 years of faithful service. The timing settings on this toaster are crazy!!! We are regular crumpet eaters and on the lowest setting 1, the time defaults to 4.00 minutes, this is way too long for crumpets. There is no way you can leave this unattended to cook and it would be downright dangerous to let children use this product. Why on earth would you need a setting of 6 which equates to nearly 7 minutes on the crumpet setting - its a house fire waiting to happen??
Strange my crumpet setting is timed lime the: 1 = 1min 45 sec 2 = 2 min 05 sec 3 = 2 min 25 sec..... up to 6 = 3 min 20 sec. This is for the 2 slice version. Maybe yours is potentially faulty/calibrayed wrongly at the factory.Just went to check and mine also says 6 minutes 40 seconds on crumpet setting for 6 - I have never checked that out! It is crazy!!! Would never use it that's for sure - also find the 4 minutes on the minimum time setting a bit crazy - why doesn't it start at 2 minutes and go up to 4 max??? You will notice too that once you have used the toaster, the time settings vary according to how hot the elements are, so 1 drops back as far as about 53 seconds on the second lot of toast. The theory of this toaster is excellent, it is just that the actual functions are crap!!!

Sunbeam Maestro TA6240Sunbeam Maestro TA6440