Sunbeam Mixmaster Hand JM6600

Sunbeam Mixmaster Hand JM6600

JM6600 (White), JM6600R (Red) and JM6600Y (Yellow)

Only for very light use

Bought this to whip eggs for a pavlova, which it did OK (about 10 minutes to soft peak stage). Then tried 'dough hooks' to blend flour with liquid bread ingredients - big mistake. Dough flew everywhere including up the shafts into the innards of the mixer. Tried matchsticks and cotton buds to clean dough out of interior, but every time we put the beaters into the mixer, they come out coated with a thick layer of dough. We agree with the other posters who described this as ill-designed and grossly overpriced. Oh for the days when you could buy an American or Japanese mixer for $15 that worked perfectly for the next 20 years! We will be returning this to the store, no idea what to replace it with.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

What happened to Sunbeam?

My Philips hand mixer died after 25 years, so I purchased this. Firstly the cord is way too short. This is hopeless if you don't have a power point in a convenient place. I also like to run my dirty mixer in the sink to clean it. Secondly, I had real trouble ejecting the beaters - can you only eject them when it is unplugged? Anyway I returned it and am still on the hunt for a decent one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Broke after 1st use - design flaw

Unfortunately, was at first, disappointed with really short cord, noisy on low speeds and not quite as powerful as expected. But after the 1st ejection of the beaters, it stopped working (the start/speed button not working) : the Eject button is the same button as the Start/change speeds button! You are just supposed to push it down - so it is bound to cause problems, which exactly what happened. All the previous mixers had eject button separately, as a given... So taking it back, and will be looking for a different replacement.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced. If you still have the beater, please contact our customer care team who would be more than happy to assist you - 1300 881 861.

Terrible..

First time use Motor stopped working due to over heating.. when we used second time, Motor stoped working with in 1 min and we have to wait for at least 15 min to get it to operate.. also, I noticed that it's mixer blade got rusted.. I don't recommend this to anyone..

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Keira - apologies for the issues you have experienced with your Sunbeam mixer. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.Hi, Thank you for your response. I have returned this product to carousel Myer.

Much quieter than other hand beaters I've used

I've been very happy with these hand beaters. I like to cook, and often use them: cakes, pancakes, bread, meringues etc
Firstly, they are quieter than all my previous hand beaters. The lower settings are quite tolerable for even my children to hear (the higher settings not so much!). They're easy to clean and come out great in the dishwasher.
Haven't used the whisks, much - I prefer to hand whisk or use the single whisk attachment on my stick mixer.
I'm not a fan of the dough hooks. It leaves a huge vibration in your hands, hence I've only used them twice! The vibration on the normal beaters, however, is extremely manageable - I've had no issues with it and in fact do not notice any vibration problems when/after using it.
I LOVE that it has an overheat function! I thought I'd broken them once (it was a thick mixture!) and was so surprised that they worked again later on. I've had so many small appliances die from overheating that it was a welcome change!
I guess the cord could certainly be longer. Not everyone has electrical sockets at the right places in the kitchen.
It IS a bit annoying that you have to pull each beater out by hand; there is no beater release button. So long as you grip them properly and at the right place, one does not make a mess!
It's kind of good the way it stands straight up when you're not using it - no more resting on the mixing bowl! The only downside is when you have dripping mixture...and then you have to hope your mixing bowl is low enough for the beaters to rest over it, otherwise you mess up the kitchen bench a lot.
Overall, I really like these. I never wanted a proper Mixmaster as I like to be able to manoeuver the mixture myself.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Thanks for the great review RobynS!! Keep up the great baking!!

Flimsy Beaters

First set of beaters broke inside warranty so they were replaced, after waiting 3 months! Next set broke just outside warranty. The beaters are extremely flimsy and not up to even the simplest of jobs. As stated by others the cord is way too short. Would never buy this model again.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Like it so far

I bake occasionally so for me the motor performance has been good. Power cord is not very long. Good enough to make whipped cream and simple cake recipes. Haven't tried it with dough recipes. Like the fact that it's simple, easy to clean and store away (for those who have small storage space).

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Have been using Sunbeam over many years not all products are worthy but this item is great very happ

It is perfect for my jobs enough power easy to use Came with dough hooks,balloon whisk and standard beaters. .Great product ..Ordered from Kitchen warehouse online came quickly well packaged with emails to track. Happy all round

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dud

Bought for my wife last Friday motor burning and cutting out just beating eggs.taking back today 1 week old better get money back and will try another brand. The last one went for a couple of years. I don't know if I was just unlucky to get a bad one but I wouldn't buy again

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Over Heats and short cord

Its a good set of beaters if you are making a quick cake as i bought them for making fudge but they over heated way to fast and i had to resort back to my elcheapo coles brand i bought years ago to finish the job.
im a bit dissapointed that they werent better.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Would be perfect if the lowest speed could be slower

Only bought this one for less than a week and made 2 chiffon cakes. Worked great for beating eggs, flour, oil , sugar mix. Basically can meet the requirements for Someone like me baking ocassionally. Will try brioche dough this weekend. But do feel the Speed 1 could be too fast for the dough.

Issues: cord very short, luckily got power points on island bench
Lowest speed is actually quite fast - don't expect lift the the beat up without slashing around
The beaters release not really working- have to pull the beaters out
Design of buttons make it easy to trigger boost mode but hard to adjust speed with greasy hand

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Tried on mixing the dough. As expected, it can't handle the dry & wet ingredients together. However, after I mixed all the ingredients, it did a bit of kneading on speed 1, like for 3 minutes before the over-heat protection cut off the power. The machine wasn't too hot or giving burning smell as some others claimed. Was a bit worried that the super soft 500g dough had killed the machine, turned out it started working again after 15 minutes. In a nutshell, the machine does a great job if you just use it to beat eggs, mix the yolk n things for cake, whip some cream. Don't over expect the machine like dough mixing that a cheaper kitchenaid stand mixer also finds struggling. After all, this machine only cost a price of a cake.

So far so good

Just bought this item from Myer on sale at $34. Looks good but have only used it once for a short while. Power on 1 is pretty fast. Cord is qt short too. Otherwise pretty happy. Only read about negative reviews after buying this. Hope I won't encounter these problems.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Terrible product - Absolute Junk - DO NOT BUY this model

This would not even rate as being good value at $5 at a garage sale! Not worth the power it consumes.
It is absolute junk and the idiot who designed it and put such a short power cord on it should be sacked for being completely stupid and his / her manager 5 seconds later for signing off on it.
Not only that, it overheated after 4 minutes of use and then switches itself off.
It hit the bin with complete frustration.
Are all new Sunbeam appliances like this?. I remember my mother swore 100% loyalty to the Sunbeam brand - me, I just swore at it. Never again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Didn't last two minutes :/

Bought it because of the extra attachments and power. But didn't last two minutes without overheating.
What a disappointment! Don't they have quality control. How can you expect to sell these to customers !
Now I'm getting a mouth full from my wife for getting this.
Unfortunately cannot recommend this product.
I thought I might have been unlucky to get a lemon, but after checking this forum, it looks like sunbeam is in the business of selling lemons

Chris

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Worst mixer ever!

I purchased this mixer as it was advertised as having a strong engine but this is the worst mixer I have ever purchased.
Firstly the butter constantly gets stuck in the beaters when you are trying to cream it, this has never happened when I have used other beaters.
Secondly, like another user said, the engine constantly overheats or shuts down for 15mins when it is simply beating butter and sugar or icing! This is infuriating when you are half way through making a batch and it stops working! At first I thought it was just the one I purchased so I took it back but my next one did the same thing.
Honestly this is the worst beater I've ever purchased!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good but stinks

Fantastic motor came with all units and blends well but absolutely stinks if you don't clean it thoroughly afterwards. Would purchase from any reasonable price and use it for almost anything I need. Fastest speed worked like clockwork mixing almost anything as along as it is used well and properly.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Mixer. but....

Bought this hand mixer as my old hand one was a little weak. Very happy with this Sunbeam one, like the boost button also. My onky gripe is, is that the power cord is very short?? Why, why, why?? Very frustrating as you have to stand next to a power point, pretty silly Sunbeam! Good mixer apart from that.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

More Sunbeam chinese rubbish

This replaces the old Philips 150w hand mixer made in Holland which we've had for over 25 years which still works but was starting to smell electrical. From the first light cake mix batter I knew it was a dud and should have taken it straight back. Now we are lucky to get 2 mins before it cuts out. This is the third sunbeam appliance (blender and iron) we have had problems with recently and wont be buying sunbeam again.
Buy the cheapest and throw out after warranty or pay extra and get quality european

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Disappointing: lowest speed not low enough

Have decided to discard this mixer and get another. I used it mainly for beating cake batter and the problem was that the lowest speed is not low enough.

When you first mix the batter which contains butter and cake mix powder, etc. it flies everywhere because you cannot turn the speed down low enough. My previous mixer which I think was a Breville had a very slow speed which was perfect for the initial mixing of batter and also great for shaking off the last remnants of batter when the mixing was finished. The Sunbeam JM6600 can perform neither of these tasks hence my decision to find a replacement.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Disappointing product

Bought this product last November and we have hardly used the product a few times and already it cuts-out within 10-15 minutes of usage. Need to wait for about 15 minutes before its up and running again. Thought it would be a one off issue but it happens everytime off-late. Will be returning the product.

Dear VP_Mathew, Thank you for your feedback! All information provided is forwarded onto the relevant departments. We apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind Regards Sunbeam

I can’t seem to fit the beater to the stand it does not fit snuggly. Also beater will not spin as a hand held. I think I got a lemon. Bought it a couple of years ago and tried to use once but couldn’t so put in cupboard and bought a big kenwood. Would like to be able to use it for smaller mixing but can’t get it to go. It has never been used and is totally useless. Can you please tell me if I am doing something wrong or have I bought a dud.
Hi Lyn, I have one of these at home but this model is a hand mixer only. Maybe you have a different model? With some models the beaters go in one side only and have to match up. I would like you to give us a call on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assist you.

New Mixmaster sunbeam JM6600 lets off burning motor smell when in use - not a happy customer!
Hi Lovebaking, Thank you for your feedback. The hand mixer can have a slight motor smell for up to 10 uses when the product is new. If the smell persists please return to the store for an exchange. If you have any further comments or concerns please contact Sunbeam Customer Service either by phone on 1300 881 861 or email customercare@sunbeam.com.au with your details. Regards, Sunbeam Customer Service 1300 881 861 customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Mixmaster Hand JM6600 (White)Mixmaster Hand JM6600R (Red)Mixmaster Hand JM6600Y (Yellow)
TypeHandheldHandheldHandheld