Sunbeam Mode

2.8

EileenGarraway

EileenGarrawayVic, 3178

Good

I chose this ironing board because of the coat hanger slot, to me that made it easier because I did not have to walk to place the irone item either on a curtain track or the back of a chair, great idea. This ironing board is easy to assemble and put down, has a decent thickness in the ironing board cover and does not slide around when you are ironing because of the rubber feet. Good job sunbeam for trying to make life a little bit more easier for us ladies, thankyou.
The coat hanger slot.
I still have to iron (not your fault)

Peter E.asked

Mode

We have a Sunbeam Ironing board that has broken at the welded lugs on one of the legs - at the board end. I think its about 2-3years old, maybe 4.
It has wheels at one end, the rubberised pull out rack for the iron to sit, and clothes hangers to be placed.
Is this a warranty issue? Can a new set of legs be replaced without replacing the whole unit?
Thanks,
Peter.

EssDee54
EssDee54

I took it back to the Good Guys even though it was out of warranty. The ACCC specifically states with regard to warranties that products should be fit for purpose and that it would be expected that, as in this case, an ironing board would not fail in the manner yours and mine has,

I refer you to the following link, which is teh ACCC document I relied on to get a replacement ironing board:

Essentially, it says that a consumer should reasonably expect an item to perform for its intended purpose and should, as in the case of an orning board, not have welds fail for explicable reasons. Clearly, they failed because of faulty manufacturing processes.

Thank you EssDee54.
Much appreciated. ;-)

sandi

sandiasked

Mode

I would like to buy a new Sunbeam ironing board but I have two requirements - I would like wheels, and the over length of the board & legs, must fit into a 150cm cupboard. What do you recommend please?

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sandi. Unfortunately none of our ironing boards would fit in a 150cm cupboard. Our smallest ironing board is 152cm in height when folded. The only option would be the SB1300 but this is a table top ironing board.

NOEL

NOELasked

Mode SB4400

Have just purchased this board.I noticed there is rubber on the section where the iron stands. Wouldn't it burn and stick to the hot iron, or am I supposed to remove the rubber pieces?

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Noel, you will find this totally fine, the pieces are meant to be there and you won't have any trouble using the board...

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 3 Sunbeam Mode