Sunbeam New York Collection 4 Slice Toaster TA4440

2 questions from our users

Anna

Annaasked

New York Collection 4 Slice Toaster TA4440

my toaster is not even cooking the toast on 6 number 7 it just browns it and that's white bread brown bread on 9 did not even colour it

Bumble

yes, it is all show and no go. Ours has started to only cook one side.

madj

We also are finding that after time the reliability of a 'good toast' is diminishing and our vogels takes longer and longer, the results are not consistent, some days brown some days pale!! In hindsight as good as it looks would now likely go with another brand for relaibility and consistency. We ended up replacing our new unit with another replacement (same toaster) as it refused to stay down when pushed after just a few months of use. Please sunbeam fix the toast quality issue, looks are great but sometimes performance is way more important.

Phil

Philasked

New York Collection 4 Slice Toaster TA4440

I have just Purchased this toaster and it does nut seem to cook crumpets is that correct? and can you give some advice as to how to do it if it doesn't?

madj

I haven't tried crumpets in this toaster but I do find them to have similar issues to vogels. It may take some experimenting to get the right time to cook just as it has for vogels. Would be interested in how they turn out. I don't see why crumpets shouldn't be successfully toasted in this toaster.

Bumble

I assume you may mean the ability to cook one side more than the other, bagel, muffins or crumpets. Answer is nope, no chance. This expensive toaster lacks many features that basic toasters have.

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hi Phil,
There is a number of tips on how to toast crumpets in the manual:

1.High-lift lever
When toasting small pieces of bread,
crumpets or muffins we recommend using
the High-lift lever to prevent you from
burning your fingers.
2. Bread which has a very uneven surface will
require a higher setting.
Thicker cut pieces of bread (including
crumpets) will take longer to toast
sometimes significantly longer. This is
because more moisture must be evaporated
from the bread before toasting can occur.
Very thick pieces of bread may require two
toasting cycles.

For more tips: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/Instruction%20Manual_TA4440.pdf

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives