Sunbeam NutriOven CO3000

MPN: SCO3000

122 questions from our users

Jenny Charles

Jenny Charlesasked

Can I bake a cake in my Sunbeam? My old oven won't switch on so I need an alternative to bake a normal cake. Perhaps on the lower rack? Thank you.

Hi Jenny Charles,
Of course! Basically anything you can cook in a normal oven can be cooked in the NutriOven

Michelle

Michelleasked

Hi I would like to know if i can cook my casserole without using a casserole dish?(ingredients straight into glass bowl)

HI Michelle,
As the bowl is very large it may not stay as moist as you would like it to be.

LouietheLipasked

Can you recommend a recipe book that has a broad range of recipes for the Nutri Oven and can/how can you cook a piece of silverside in it?

Hi LouietheLip,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The only recipes we have for the CO3000 are in the booklet. It may turn out too dry in the CO3000. Silverside/corned beef are best cooked in a slow cooker.
Kind Regards,
Sunbeam.

LouietheLip

Thank you for your reply, it would be good if someone at Sunbeam was able to put together a book as I can see the oven has endless possibilities for quality cooking, but getting the time and temps right without having to ruin many a dish would be an advantage.

Don b.

Don b.asked

Cook frozen chips

Hi Don b.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Yes you can. it is just like using a wall unit oven. We advise to pre-heat to 250 degrees celcius and adjust cooking times and temperatures according to your requirement. For time - use the packet instructions as a guide and just keep checking every 5-10 minutes. . Kind Regards Sunbeam

Kerry S.

Kerry S.asked

Have just got my Sunbeam Nutri Convection Oven And It has a Plastic shroud Type Thing That Glass dish is sitting in Do I take that off the Stand and put Glass dish on,or does the Plastic thing have to stay clipped on while Cooking

Hi Kerry S,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The plastic cover is a heat shield and needs to be left on when oven is in use. It can be removed for cleaning once oven has cooled down completely.. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Fran

Franasked

Hi I have just purchased my oven and used it for the first time tonight. My question is - should the warm up light turn off when the required temperature is reached. I expected it to however I cooked chicken legs and it was on the whole time. My niece who recommended I buy the oven tells me her light does turn off.
Frances

Wantone
Wantone

Mine turns off when the temperature has reached and turns back on to go back up. However I haven't confirmed this with a thermometer though.

Hi Fran,
The light will usually go off when temperature is reached and then illuminate when it needs to reach the temperature again. We suggest to warm the oven up to 250 degrees and then lower to the desired temperature. Kind Regards Sunbeam

juliesapphireasked

Hi ,I've just purchased my nutrioven.My previous convection oven had a light inside when cooking,my Sunbeam doesn't seem to light up is that correct or is the light just not working?

Hi,
No this one does not have a light...

lorinda

lorindaasked

do you remove plastic bowl that covers the glass bowl

Hi Lorinda,
No this stays in place and acts as a safety heat barrier.

R.Sharkey

R.Sharkeyasked

R.Sharkey
Can you cook stuff in a steal container inside the Sunbeam NutriOven CO3000?

Hi R. Sharkey,
Yes you can use this the same as you would a normal oven...

Marie

Marieasked

I cleaned my the top part of my Nutrioven and now it won't turn on anymore. I was careful not to get water on it, but it seems i might have. Does that sound right? Who can repair it in Canberra?

Hi Marie,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The CO3000 cannot be repaired. If you have purchased this within the last 12 months and have your receipt please return it to the store of purchase. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Tony K.

Tony K.asked

My nutri oven wont turn on

Hi Tony K,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call Sunbeam on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Angelaasked

I've only just started using my nutrioven. It was given to me, my oven has stop working,and I thought I would get it out to try it. My question is, can you keep food warm, after it is cooked. I usually put my husbands meal in the oven. Thanks

Hi Angela,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. You may be able to do this if you let it cool down after the initial cooking then turn back on to a very low heat.
Kind Regards,

Angela

Thank you for your answer. It is a success keeping warm. As I said before the Nutri oven was given to me, but I didn't get any tongs in the box. Where can I get them from.

Hi Angela,
Parts are available from the following online agents - please place the model number in the search engine to see a full list and photos. It pays to check the pricing and compare.
Mr Sparky (QLD) 07 3379 5332
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

PeCee

PeCeeasked

There is a light to show when the pre-heat is on, and info. here says it take 10 minutes to heat. But do you preheat without the timer? Dumb question, I know, but the booklet and info on the net everywhere says "preheat then set temp and timer". I'm inclined to think nothing will work without the timer. If I drop the temp after reaching the 250, nothing happens and the glass starts getting cold? It's new. do I have a potential problem?

Peter C

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi PeCee, you need to set your temperature first and the light will go off when the temp is reached. Once this happens you can then set your timer. If you need further assistance please call us on 1300 881 861...

Marcus Kasked

Hi
Am I able to cook soups and casseroles in my Nutrioven?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Marcus K, if you normally cook your casserole in the oven then you can do it in the NutriOven. Soup is generally not cooked in an oven so I would not suggest to do so.

Marcus K

That response does not fill me with great confidence. A soup and casserole are not that different, apart from thickening a casserole by adding something like flour near the end of the cooking process. A soup, not necessarily so. So, as someone who has not used a convection oven before, I feel you could cook a soup, but unsure about a casserole. I was hoping there would be some recipes available.
Regards
Marcus

Sue B.asked

All my settings have rubbed off so I go by guesswork! Great product but this is a real nuisance. I'm in NZ. I need a solution please! What do you suggest?

Bondy

Find some one who has one and copy the settings wit a premenent marker

Hi Sue B,
If you give our Customer Service team a call on 0800 786 232 or email them
nzcustomerservice@newellco.com they will be able to send one to you.

Sue B.

Thank you Customer Service. The stickon settings have arrived and work great. Much appreciated :)

Margaret S.

Margaret S.asked

How long should it take for the oven temp to reach 250

5 to 10 minutes

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Margaret S, it should only take around 5 minutes or so but I don't have a precise time

william r.

william r.asked

Why is it sold with out the stainless steel ring that makes it bigger?

Hi william r.
Thank you for your question. The metal extender ring has been discontinued due to new safety regulations that have been introduced by Product Safety Australia, in relation to the surface temperature of products.

R H.asked

Hello, can Silicone containers (eg: Muffin Trays) be used to cook, in the NutriOven? I would appreciate your reply.

Hi R H.
Great question! You can use oven proof silicon containers/trays in the CO3000. We recommend using the low rack for them to rest on and not have the trays/containers touch the sides of the glass bowl.

Hello,
Thank you, but the question was instigated after reading the Instruction/Recipe Booklet that comes with the NutriOvenCO3000.

Your reply is so welcomed, its wonderful to read, and I’ll ensure that any Silicone used for cooking doesn’t touch the Glass sides of the bowl.

The information within the Sunbeam NutriOven CO3000 Instruction/Recipe Booklet needs to be changed, as it states that Silicone Cooking Items can not be used in this oven.

Page 9 of Instruction/Recipe Booklet the under Basic Cooking Functions – Bakes: The wording is: ‘Silicone bakeware is not suitable to use in the NutriOven’.

Again I would appreciate your reply. Many thanks.

Hi R.H.
It is not recommended however if you are going to use it - you will need to keep an eye on it closely.

garyasked

is there a new decal transfer available for the temp and timer control available,ours have fallen off. we are just guessing now ,hope we dont have a fire.

Hi gary,
Thank you for you question. We can send you a decal. Please call us on 1300 881 861 with your postal address and we are more than happy to send some out to you.

gary

rang the the number and was told that the decals are not available,a picture of the controls was emailed to us.Hope the decal are available soon.

Hi gary,
So sorry for the mix up. We do have them here. Please call again on 1300 881 861. I will alert the team you will be calling in. Kind regards, Sunbeam.

Basia 19

Basia 19asked

how do i bake a christmas cake in the nutrioven? the time to cook it is supposed to be 3 hours , wont it burn on the top ?

sorry never cooked one

Hi Bondy,
Thank you for your query. It is not generally recommended however if you do we suggest using the low rack and to prevent progressive browning you can shield the top of the cake with foil. This may take longer than 3 hours and we also suggest to keep checking it. Hope this helps!

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives