Sunbeam Pie Magic

Terrible

The new sunbeam pie machines uses too much pastry and takes too much time to heat up and too much time to cook. Worst pie maker I have ever had I want to return it. What do I do is am very disappointed the old style pie machine was much quicker and a lot less pastry also it seems to take 30mins to cook very slow. The old style was 7 mins. also way too big.
What is sunbeam thinking with this machine.
Who designed the new style of machine and why?

Date PurchasedApr 2018

TOADYmelbourne

Taking too long to cook

I purchased a new sunbeam pie maker from good guys on Sunday, made amazing lamb and pumpkin pies. However the manual says takes 15 minutes, but it was way over 30 minutes for each lot and then it took ages for the light to say ready again. Everyone says how quick it was so i called good guys and they said to return it for a replacement so will do tomorrow. Fantastic customer service from them. Will let you know the outcome as i will keep trying.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam
TOADY

thank you so much wonderful customer service at Good Guys exchanged and will try it out shortly.

Absolute rubbish

Pies are slightly to large and can only get 1 pie per slice of pastry. Alot of product wasted..
Stupid BigW Taree store won't refund my product..
Do not buy..

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Philippa Risby

Philippa Risby

Perfect pies every time

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Vvv

VvvGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for meals on the go

Have only used it to make beef pie but would be great for sweet fruit pies too. Takes a while to heat up but once ready it makes beautiful pies in 10 mins. The pastry cutter makes cutting the puff pastry much easier, and the machine is quite small in size so can fit easily in our small pantry!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
TopsyD

TopsyDBerrigan

very disappointed

My old pie maker finally died of over use so I bought the new model. I hate it My family is now missing out on pies. You can only cut one pie from a pice of puff pastry and have to fiddle an roll the leftovers to avoid waste which sort of negates the quick and easy aspect. the pies are also too shallow and make a lot of mess with leakage at the top and you end up with pie that has more pastry than filling. Bring back the old model with the smaller deeper pies my family is begging you

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Annie

AnnieNSW

Great appliance that takes up very little room.

We as a family go on a lot of camping trips so to make a batch of pies to take away is such a time saver and I can make a complete meal in each pie and know exactly what is in them .I love that the pie maker has its own cutters and so no guessing goes into making the pie.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
ZacknKate

ZacknKateYarragon

Easy as pie,

Wonderful addition to our appliances. Easy process. The product comes with the pastry cutter as expected and will make a single pie per sheet of pastry, (but can produce more if I was eager enough to align the cutting tool close.

4 Good sized pies can be made at once

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Fazzle

FazzleBelmont

Fantastic Pie Makere

This is one of the best appliances I have purchased. You can make fillings and freeze what you do not use for another time. I usually make or buy the pastry sheets and cut them to fit and freeze. I then have them on hand whenever I feel like making pies for dinner. No hassle and the recipe book which comes with it has lovely recipes although I freeze leftover stews etc and use as fillings at a later date as well. No doubt, its is the best! I love it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Sharyon Bellwood

Sharyon BellwoodGeelong

This makes the most amazing pies.

Wow, this is super easy to use, has deep dishes and cooks the pies perfect every time. It is only limited by your imagination of the type of fillings you can use. Easy to clean and stows sitting upright, I actually have it out on the bench, so I can remember to use it, what with all the other electrical appliances vying for my attention. We used it on the cold winter nights and even the snack size, is nearly as big as a normal size pie. I make a sweet one for after the main for dessert.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Letsgo

LetsgoQueensland

Yummy yummy pies

This makes a decent size pie, had an older version many years ago and you would have to have 2 pies to fill you up. One of these does the job. Cutting pastry to make the pies can be difficult from the point of view with the bottom you only get 2 bottoms out of a sheet. I stick the bits together to make more. When you can't eat the shop bought ones due to food allergies it's really nice to be able to make a pie and enjoy it like everyone else.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Zte

ZtePerth

Great pie maker

Awesome machine. Very easy to use and clean. The pastry cutters make it easy to get the right size and shape. This maker does get very hot and i have found that it is a very fine line between a perfectly cooked pie and an over cooked one, so make sure you set a timer based on the recipe book and check at the end. Money well spent.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sheree C

Sheree CDunsborough

GREAT AND COMPACT

I love our 4 x pie maker.. its compact and easy to use.. we take it camping and weekends away. I think its also great that it came with recipe ideas for both savoury and sweet. The only recommendation would be for the base to be a little deeper to allow more ingredients - other than that - I love our purchase!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Tashahh

TashahhMandurah

Perfect size

I had an earlier model and updated to this newer one because it makes bigger pies. I love this pie maker. Easy to clean. Easy to use. The cord winds snuggly underneath the machine. It heats up very quickly and cooks the pies in a few minutes. The manual includes a lot of different recipes too.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Dee

DeeNorth Western Region, NSW

Very happy with this great product

This little pie maker is brilliant - its excellent quality, very sturdy and practical. No annoying bells and whistles, just does what its supposed to brilliantly, which is make yummy pies. Cooks the pies perfectly and they look quality, I am getting rave reviews when sharing them around. I make my own pastry so can easily cut to the correct size and the pastry cutter is brilliant. The recipe book provided is also excellent. All in all a quality product from Sunbeam. Update: I was so pleased with this one I went out and bought the family size one too which is excellent (since discontinued). There's not as much fiddling involved with cutting all the pastry and the large size is brilliant for family meals. Thanks Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Very disappointed

Very disappointed, pies to big and deep, prefer the old smaller ones. This one there is alot of pastry wasted unless you join leftover bits together, i dont have time for that. Please bring back the smaller pie maker please. I will be going to buy the kmart brand smaller pie maker, such a shame i would prefer sunbeam. My old one lasted for many many yrs.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Disappointed

I replaced my old snack size pie maker and bought this one online to find that the pie size is quite a bit larger which in turn caused a lot of wastage of pastry as previously one sheet of frozen pastry would make exactly two pies. This pie maker only gets one pie per sheet with a lot of wastage. Although you can re roll the excess, I have always found this to be a quick and easy method of making pies and do not want to be bothered with this process. Please bring back the snack size in the four pie size not two.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Loved It

Used first time today. Used puff pastry, for the 1st time I did waste a bit of pastry but you can put the bits together and roll out the pastry thus reducing the wastage. Cooks very quickly so watch that. Possibly put in a tad more (but not too much) filling. Otherwise it worked well and all pies cooked evenly and browned quickly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Andromeda

Used it again yesterday and my partner was really raped in the pastry the way it was flaky etc. Adjusted and put a tad more mixture in the pies and all was well.

RJ M

RJ MSouth West, WA

Works fine...

Makes good pies. Like alot of cooking, you need to experiment a bit with techniques and pastry types but all in all it is a simple handy little machine.
The non stick surfaces work well and a little bit of oil or spray makes the pastry crispy without over cooking.
Be aware it cooks quite quickly so don't leave too long.
Try to reduce the moisture (water) content or thicken it, if the filling is very saucy/runny so the pastry is not soggy.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great Item But Lot Of Wasted Pastry

My friend had one of these machines years ago and I have always wanted one too. It seems they have changed the size pie dishes. The old one you got two bases per pastry sheet. Now you only get one base per short cut pastry a huge down size - it results in a lot of waste. I tried rolling out the left over pastry to make more bases. This must do something to the pastry as upon cooking it shrinks and expands meaning the top does not attach to the base. Very frustrating two decent pie to three wonky ones.

Apparently K-mart makes a pie maker where you can get two bases per sheet. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought that one.

Date PurchasedDec 2016