Sunbeam Pie Magic

Ant

AntGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic machine - Will exceed your expectations

Love using this pie maker. Gone from making by hand and taking all day to pumping them out and freezing for camping 10/10.

I thought it was a gimmicky thing but exceeded my expectations. Got the leftover Xmas ham ready to chop up, add the cheese and an egg and yummy snacks as we camp and travel.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

LaurenBundaberg

Absolutely love it !!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Lauren

Thankyou for your kind offer but as I said in my review, the recipe booklet had some great recipes and tips, so I already have one

Bopman

BopmanPerth, West Australia

Cooks quickly, and makes the finest of pies!

Just bought one of these PM4800 pie makers and love it!..If I had a criticism, it would be to the pastry cutter, since the larger diameter end obscures the smaller end when cutting the pastry circles..If I had a suggestion, it would be to make 4 removable inserts to enable the user to make smaller pies if required..Otherwise a great product that feels robust and should last..Picked it up at a great price at Kambo's near where I live here in WA.
Would have given 5 stars if the cutter were better or if supplied with two!

HelenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cutters missing

I would give this product a 5 Stars, but the cutters are missing. I was given this pie maker, as a gift for our wedding. When I opened it, several weeks later, I found there was no cutter in it. I'm really disappointed, I've been to several stores, but they won't do anything without a receipt, which I don't have, and my friend doesn't have anymore!

Helen

I'm happy to say Sunbeam, sent me new pastry cutters, free of charge. Very pleased with their service.

David

David

Just Pie Magic!!!

After having a mini pie maker for many years we decided to buy a new PM 4800 Sunbeam Pie Maker and are absolutely thrilled with it. Have made many different varieties of pies and they have turned out so well. Just don't overcook them... if they are light brown and look cooked then take them out. We have also found you can make quiches. You don't need pastry on the top. We also make omelettes and they are excellent. The other morning we cooked eggs in the pie maker. They cook in only 2 minutes and you can throw some ham or bacon in the other wells to cook in that same time. You don't have to grease them and just a damp cloth to clean the pie maker as it is cooling down. All in all...10 out of 10... so far.

farmgirl

farmgirlSydney, NSW

one of the best kitchen appliances ever

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Thank you farmgirl for you great feedback on the Pie Magic and your useful tips are fantastic for our fellow Sunbeamers! We appreciate it and have a Merry Christmas!

Sunbeam CC

AJ

AJAdelaide

Makes pie making easy

I used to spend hours blind baking bases etc but this gadget makes pie making very easy. I can get one top and one base from a Pampas shortcrust pastry sheet. If you join the left over corners from one sheet you can get another top or from 2 sheets you get another base so I didn't think that was too bad. I did find that the front two pies took longer to cook than the back ones so watch the cooking time. My edges looked a nice dark golden brown but tasted bitter and burnt so go for 'just cooked' rather than deeply golden! Otherwise, too easy. An exciting new use for my beloved casseroles - pie filings! Only bought it last week so can't comment on the long term endurance of the machine...

Kay Dee

Kay DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

If you like making home made pies - this item is fantastic! Does such yummy pies! and a great size too. Really love this machine - but I do love pies :) have used it for savoury & sweet, and also to reheat them the next day. Very handy that it comes with the pastry cutter to cut the sheets to perfect pie pieces.

Pielover

PieloverPerth, WA

big disappointment

I also bought a sunbeam magic 4 pie maker last year. It makes beautiful pies, oh, and by the way I remove my pies with a soft spatula. Within two months the Teflon inside the lid started to make bubbles and soon after that it peeled off. I was going to turf it, but, it still worked perfectly. I removed the flaky Teflon on the lid and am still using it. COME ON Sunbeam, you can do better then that! That was a great disappointment in a Sunbeam product.!

3 lil piglets

3 lil pigletsQueensland, 4650

Great machine

Having a old pie machine that lasted 20 years, we bought a new one, this was $69 from the Good Guys in Hervey Bay, must say it makes bigger pies then the last one we had, I will admit the pastry cutter does seem to waste alot, as in we can only get the 1 pie from it BUT having said that I do no reuse the offcuts & roll out & get alot more pies out of it so now its not such a waste. The pies it makes is fantastic, I use it all the time with leftovers, including vegies that way kids still eat healthy, have made some apple & custard pies with different pastry............I love it totally, throw a egg on top of the mix & wow its sensational.....1 of the best appliances I have bought.

4 pie maker new model....wastes pastery and time

MarkPerth, WA

It is magic!

I love this machine. Since I bought this Pie Magic I've made a batch of pies every week with a variety of fillings, and they all get devoured by the teenagers in the house. Easy to follow instructions. Don't use sharp utensils on the surface.

Mark

Another tip, crack in your eggs, easy as pie :-)

Lorraine_Khan

Lorraine_KhanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sunbeam Pie Maker (4)

I love this little beauty. I put in some frozen pies and cooked for half hour and they turned out beautifully crispy. So very easy to clean too, just wiped out with a damp cloth. I'm considering getting the large pie maker now to make family Apple pies etc! Great product!

Chubbie

ChubbieDonald

Sunbeam Family pie maker is fantastic.

Absolutely wonderful product, makes a pie in 15 mins, that is after you have prepared the filling, but is still very quick.
It is also very easy to clean up after use with a wipe over with paper towel. Delivery was also fast and efficient as it arrived quicker than I thought and in good condition.
Ease of use, cleaning, quick to use.
I have not found anything that I do not like.

DeborahS

DeborahSSydney

Love this pie machine

I have been using this pie machine for more than 4 years now. I am very happy with the results every time. I just need one sheet of frozen pastry shortcrust for base and puff pastry for top to produce 4 pies. The pastry cutter is included, easy to use and clean in dishwasher. The machine heats in less than 10 minutes and cooks pies in 6 minutes. The pies are perfect every times, better than pies cooked in oven.

Other reviewers said the teflon is peeling off, mine is no problem, I guess as long you don't use metal utensils to remove pies and to clean, the teflon will not peel off.
Very convenient, produces 4 beautiful pies in 15 minutes (including heating time)
Nothing wrong, it will be great if it has auto off

TWINS

TWINSSydney, NSW

Not happy with the teflon

It is very easy to use and makes beautiful pies however i am very disappointed about the quality of teflon sunbeam used. The teflon is peeling off severely. I enjoy making healthy pies for my kids but stopped using it 2 months ago because of this problem. I saw Breville brand another day, it looked much better quality and same price.
Makes beautiful pies
Teflon is peeling off

Perfect pies.

OK, so I have only had my machine a few days, but I've already made 4 different varieties to use up the Christmas dinner leftovers. The pies that resulted are truly delicious! Every single pie was perfectly browned, although I only cooked for 10 minutes so I can freeze and reheat later.

I used bought shortcrust pastry as I could re-roll out scraps, which you can't do with puff pastry.
Easy to use and perfectly cooked pies.
Takes a while to heat up.

Muggie2

Muggie2Christchurch

Great device

Bought it, hoping for a dream device, but fearing it would be merely a so-so thing that would end up unused and unwanted in a cupboard in the kitchen. My fears were unfounded - my hopes were realised! It's easy to use, does exactly what it claims to do (and that's a rare thing these days), and gives me *so* many more options for cooking meals, what to do with leftovers, and for lunches for work.
Fast, effective, idiot-proofed & just so damned useful!

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Muggie2 thank you for your wonderful feedback.

ROSE DE GRAAF

ROSE DE GRAAFPerth, WA

Sunbeam pie maker

My children bought this for me and although I didn't think I would use it I love it bbbuuuttt. Have had to throw it out after only 14 month's use. The Teflon started to peel off! So disappointed! I loved that you could use up leftovers! Fruit pies were great too!
Great for leftovers and dessert pies.
Teflon peeled off!

LynGisborne

Have had 2 units die in a year :(

Loved it but the first one I returned within a week as it died mid cooking and the replacement has just died tonight and is less than a year old. I only ever make a batch of 12 pies at a time and always wipe with a damp cloth. No happy :(
Easy to use
Killed 2 in a year :(

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Hi Lyn. Please can you call Sunbeam on 0800 786 232 so that we may address this further. Thanks

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam