3Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:762963 and SG1000
Terry

I have just purchased the steamer today. I have filled it to the max level but it is making a rattling sound and vibrating even when water is at max. When I tried it horizontally the noise and vibration increases?

Donna

Hi Terry, I’ve had mine for over a year and haven’t had any issues. They are designed for vertical use, not horizontal like an iron. I hang my clothes on a hanger and steam them. Not sure what the vibrations are if using vertical, they do make noises while it’s steaming.

Terry

Thanks Donna. The instructions give steps for horizontal use but I can't see how this is possible because of the water pick up unit in the tank.
The noise is mechanical and the vibration is quite harsh.
I will take it back tomorrow.

MrsLD
MrsLD

Does this steamer leave water marks?. Looking at using it on a crepe wedding dress.

Crossrip
Crossrip

It can drop water if not hot enough etc, so answer is yes

Donna

I turn it on and once hot enough I leave it for about 15 secs to get rid of any water that might be there. Use the attachments provided to keep it off your dress and shoul be no issues

CKX
CKX

As of Jan-Feb 2023, I have looked online for this at all major retailer websites and not one of them has this product (SG1000) in stock. When will it be available again?

MMM
MMM

Hi, I'm looking at buying this steamer but wondered would it be ok to use on curtains also?

Evertina yk
Evertina yk

My steamer was working for a couple of weeks but then it started spitting hot water over my hand and onto the garment. Don’t know what the problem is

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Evertina yk, Have you tried cleaning the machine? If you follow the instructions on Page 9 of the product manual attached this will asssit you external link  It is recommended to clean your Steamer every two months to reduce mineral buildup that can affect the performance of your unit.

Mindy R.
Mindy R.

I just brought one of these because of all the positive reviews and I think it may be faulty. I like to steam on high but it hardly ever works on that setting. I can steam on low without it stopping but when I have it on high it just stops steaming (the green light is still on though) and it’s a nightmare to get it going again if I even can get it going again. I usually have to turn it off and on a few times, wait 20mins and even then it will only start again 50% of the time. Am I doing something wrong?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Mindy R, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Jo I.
Jo I.

Hi, I have the same problem. Working great with low function, but when I set it on High it just stops working. Any suggestions/help highly appreciated!

Kim H.
Kim H.

I'm looking for a hand steamer to remove the creases from a delicate, white wedding dress. Would you guys recommend this product for this satin type material. Thx

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Kim, Yes this product will definitely remove creases for you. However I would suggest testing it on another item before using for the first time.

Suzanne
Suzanne

Just curious Kim H - how did you go? We need to remove creases from a satin wedding dress too.

Dg9879
Dg9879

Would this work well for sheets? I would hang them on the clothesline outside to to them. But if it was raining, could I lay them on the wooden floor in my living room to do it?

Chris

I use it to remove wrinkles from table cloths after getting them from the linen press. I hold them up and have someone run the steamer across the fold marks. Nice, neat, wrinkle-free cloth then goes straight on the table! Sheets should work equally well.

lisa
lisa

I have looked online at all the retailers listed on the Sunbeam website and not one of them have this product listed. Where can I buy it?

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Lisa, The SG1000 has been such a great seller for us that most stores have sold out, I have found one store that this has a few. Please see your DM for the link.

Sarah213
Sarah213

Can you please email me where I could buy one - jesssica@allsuburbs.com.au

Christina S.
Christina S.

Please are you also to advise me where I can buy one? christinasesia@gmail.com

Sunbeam   DM

Hello, So sorry but we are currently out of stock online and with all physical stores - we expect to be back in stock in April so please watch out for that then.

Peter S.

Could the steamer be used on curtains?

Tania
Tania

Hi Peter! I'm sure it could, I don't have curtains but the steamer is portable so would be perfect for this. Maybe just check your curtain care instructions.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Like Tania I have not tried on curtains yet. It is light, easy to hold for extended periods and can operate wherever there is a powerpoint so ideal in that respect.

There are four attachments and I would recommend using the lint/diffuser pad for flowing or straight curtains and the creaser for pleated curtains.

Andrew
Andrew

would this steamer be suitable for curtains

Mummybear25
Mummybear25

If this was released in March 2019, why are all reviews in past 2-3weeks? Looks good otherwise.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Mummybear25, The correct date for the release was September 2019, this was an error.
Apologise for that.

Pamela S
Pamela S

Hello, where did you purchase the steamer from please?

Hi Pamela S, From major retailers like Harvey Norman, Good Guys etc

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000 is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023.