Sunbeam Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

Sunbeam Pro Steam Power (SR4400) Questions & Answers

MPN: SR4400

6 questions from our users

Mallock

Mallockasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

I bought this iron nine months ago and it constantly leaks black flecks and brown liquid. I use the self clean function regularly and empty the reservoir while not in use but it is still happening. I don't live in a hard water area. Is there anything else I could try because I assume this should last longer than nine months in a workable condition.

Dan D.asked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

My iron has black specs that come out of it when I use the steam. I have self cleaned it numerous times and it still happens. Why is this happening? The iron is only 1 year old.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Dan D.
When you say you have self cleaned would that mean that you have used an Iron Cleaner?

Normal tap water contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium which build up inside the steam chamber of your iron, resulting in poor steam performance and staining of garments. Periodic use of Iron Cleaner will remove these deposits to prolong the life of your iron. You can find our SR0300 Iron Cleaner 250ml at all major retailers.

Dan D.

Ok thanks - I will try this.

Dan D.

Hello, I have tried using the Sunbeam iron cleaner on my iron (three time) and black gritty flakes are still coming out of it. Can I return the iron for this issue? I have only had it for 13 months and the issue started 2 months ago.

Sonia

Soniaasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

How do you use the self clean on this model?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sonia. Thanks for your question. To use the self clean you simply press the button to
flush water through the iron. This helps to flush out impurities to prevent spotting on garments.

Jen S

Jen Sasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

Hi, I have this iron, and it suddenly stopped working today. I use it almost exclusively for pressing while I'm sewing. I had it on, and had ironed just fine with it, but when I went to refill it, I noticed that the Thermostat light didn't switch on, as it usually does. The light on the handle was still on, indicating that there was power going to the iron, but it wasn't heating the soleplate at all.
As a test, I emptied the iron, (the water was mildly warm-ish) refilled it and left it turned on until it beeped to indicate the auto-off function. Both the soleplate and the new load of water remained cool.
What can I do to get the iron to work again? I gather that the life expectancy of an iron like this should be more than the 2 year warranty advertised on the box and in the instruction manual.

Mjg
Mjg

Hi Jen S, sorry to hear that your iron has malfunctioned. I have not had this happen, so I'm no help I'm afraid. If it is still in warranty I would return it to the store from which it was purchased. Legally the iron should be replaced under Australian Consumer Protection Laws.
Good Luck

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Jen, please give us a call on 1300 881 861 after the New Year break and we can assist you further.

GBG
GBG

This happened to my Sunbeam iron, after warranty expired. I pulled it apart and found that a steel connection had rusted through, so no current to the sole plate.
The tip from the store when I purchased a replacement (non Sunbeam) was to always empty the iron after use to reduce risk of corrosion.

Mid

Midasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

Why is my sunbeam pro leaking water while I’m ironing?

Toffel
Toffel

Maybe you are overfilling it, if not I would be tsking it back.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mid it sounds like it could be overfilling, but it cold also be a minor fault in the iron. If you have the purchase receipt and it is within the warranty which is 2 years you could return it to the store of purchase for an exchange. Alternatively you could contact our friendly tem on 1300 881 861 who will be glad to help further.

Michelle

Michelleasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

How does the self clean button work. Does the iron need to be on or off. Do hold the button in for any length of time? When I press mine nothing seems to be happening??

Wavertonbelle
Wavertonbelle

Apologies, but I can't help you with this question. We returned the iron to the store, it was absolute rubbish!

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives