Sunbeam Pro Steam

Sunbeam Pro Steam Questions & Answers

Power (SR4400), SR4300, Glide (SR4110), etc...

16 questions from our users

Joe

Joeasked

what is the weight of the Sunbeam prosteam 1200 iron

Mallock

Mallockasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

I bought this iron nine months ago and it constantly leaks black flecks and brown liquid. I use the self clean function regularly and empty the reservoir while not in use but it is still happening. I don't live in a hard water area. Is there anything else I could try because I assume this should last longer than nine months in a workable condition.

Lyn Wasked

Pro Steam

Hi, I want to clean the Pro-steam with a descaling soln. However, mine doesn't have a self cleaning button. Do I put the cap full of soln in while the machine is on and hot? Then do I use the steam and spray buttons together over the sink while it is on?
Thanks, Lyn

Hello Lyn W,
Are you sure that it doesn't?
Because the Pro steam does have a self cleaning button. Follow the manuals self cleaning steps: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/SR4400%20IB%20Web%20file.compressed.pdf

Lyn W

No it doesn't. Shall I send a photo?

Customer CareSunbeam

Yes please, it must be a different model to the one your have commented under.

Gerald R.

Gerald R.asked

Pro Steam Swift (SR4260)

what is the model number of ths iron for registration purposes

Hello Gerald R,
The model number is - SR4260

Gerald R.

Gerald R.asked

Pro Steam Swift (SR4260)

where is the serial number

Hello Gerald R.
It is usually located on the back or underside of your appliance e.g. UYF-567-OP-6334

Dan D.asked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

My iron has black specs that come out of it when I use the steam. I have self cleaned it numerous times and it still happens. Why is this happening? The iron is only 1 year old.

Hello Dan D.
When you say you have self cleaned would that mean that you have used an Iron Cleaner?

Normal tap water contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium which build up inside the steam chamber of your iron, resulting in poor steam performance and staining of garments. Periodic use of Iron Cleaner will remove these deposits to prolong the life of your iron. You can find our SR0300 Iron Cleaner 250ml at all major retailers.

Dan D.

Ok thanks - I will try this.

Dan D.

Hello, I have tried using the Sunbeam iron cleaner on my iron (three time) and black gritty flakes are still coming out of it. Can I return the iron for this issue? I have only had it for 13 months and the issue started 2 months ago.

Graham G.asked

Pro Steam

How do you clean and flush the water tank on a SR4110 Pro Steam iron?

Hi Graham G.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. I note there aren't any clear instructions in the booklet! I will be passing that onto our product manager. We suggest pouring in a cap full of liquid descaling solution into the water tank and squirt it through the iron by pressing both buttons . Kind regards, Sunbeam

Graham G.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Stuart

Stuartasked

Pro Steam

Our sunbeam pro glide leaks water on the clothes being ironed. The machine makes steam but leaks water through the steam holes on the clothes and leaves the ironing board wet. What can we do?

Hi Stuart,
Sorry to hear of your issues with the pro glide. These units are non repairable and have been discontinued Depending on the model & date of purchase - some steam stations have a 2 year replacement warranty. If purchased with in the last 2 years & you have your receipt please return to the store of purchase.

Jan

Janasked

Sunbeam SR4400.
Why is my shot of steam button not working. It has collapsed down and doesnt spring back up. The iron is only one month old.

Sue
Sue

Hi Jan I’d say condensation has got into the appliance and rusted the spring -which would for sure be made of cheap wire that rusts- and it’s got bent and stuck ... not repairable I’d say but that’s only my idea... the new irons are normally sealed moulded plastic units so no getting inside .. good luck ... take it back if it’s less than 12 months old... even without a receipt as that shouldn’t happen ... you might a replacement

Hi Jan,
If you still have your receipt please return the SR4400 to the store of purchase for a replacement. If you do not have the receipt please call us on 1300 881 861 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Sonia

Soniaasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

How do you use the self clean on this model?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sonia. Thanks for your question. To use the self clean you simply press the button to
flush water through the iron. This helps to flush out impurities to prevent spotting on garments.

Jen S

Jen Sasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

Hi, I have this iron, and it suddenly stopped working today. I use it almost exclusively for pressing while I'm sewing. I had it on, and had ironed just fine with it, but when I went to refill it, I noticed that the Thermostat light didn't switch on, as it usually does. The light on the handle was still on, indicating that there was power going to the iron, but it wasn't heating the soleplate at all.
As a test, I emptied the iron, (the water was mildly warm-ish) refilled it and left it turned on until it beeped to indicate the auto-off function. Both the soleplate and the new load of water remained cool.
What can I do to get the iron to work again? I gather that the life expectancy of an iron like this should be more than the 2 year warranty advertised on the box and in the instruction manual.

Mjg
Mjg

Hi Jen S, sorry to hear that your iron has malfunctioned. I have not had this happen, so I'm no help I'm afraid. If it is still in warranty I would return it to the store from which it was purchased. Legally the iron should be replaced under Australian Consumer Protection Laws.
Good Luck

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Jen, please give us a call on 1300 881 861 after the New Year break and we can assist you further.

GBG
GBG

This happened to my Sunbeam iron, after warranty expired. I pulled it apart and found that a steel connection had rusted through, so no current to the sole plate.
The tip from the store when I purchased a replacement (non Sunbeam) was to always empty the iron after use to reduce risk of corrosion.

Mid

Midasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

Why is my sunbeam pro leaking water while I’m ironing?

Toffel
Toffel

Maybe you are overfilling it, if not I would be tsking it back.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mid it sounds like it could be overfilling, but it cold also be a minor fault in the iron. If you have the purchase receipt and it is within the warranty which is 2 years you could return it to the store of purchase for an exchange. Alternatively you could contact our friendly tem on 1300 881 861 who will be glad to help further.

Michelle

Michelleasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

How does the self clean button work. Does the iron need to be on or off. Do hold the button in for any length of time? When I press mine nothing seems to be happening??

Wavertonbelle
Wavertonbelle

Apologies, but I can't help you with this question. We returned the iron to the store, it was absolute rubbish!

Rachel

Rachelasked

Pro Steam Glide (SR4110)

Hi, my sunbeam prosteam glide Iron leaks water when turned off. It basically leaks all the water that's left in the water part out through the plate? Is this iron faulty? I only purchased it today!

janhmelb
janhmelb

I don't have this problem but I always turn the steam off and then leave my iron standing up when I have finished using it. The safest way would be to empty it each time. good luck.

Darren
Darren

Hi Rachel,

I would strongly suggest contacting Sunbeam customer support. I was pleasantly surprised when they recently replaced a faulty iron of mine without fuss, despite the iron being just outside of the warranty period.

A new iron should not be leaking water everywhere. End of story.

Its obviously not fit for purpose.

Regards,
Daz

patbrian

patbrianasked

Pro Steam

we have just purchased a sr 6300 do they have a problem?.

RogerM
RogerM

Sorry I only know about the SR4300

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Patbrain,

Please be advised Sunbeam have no general faults recorded on the SR6300 Sprint Iron.

However, please obtain a copy of your receipt and if you have any troubles please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards

Julieasked

Pro Steam Glide (SR4110)

Hello,
I am planning to purchase a prosteam glide iron today as I have developed arthritis in my hands and thought a lighter iron might help. The reviews are terrible. Can you please tell me if these comments have been addressed and if the model is generally good? Also, is it the lightest iron Sunbeam makes, apart from the travel iron?
Thanks,

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Julie,

Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance.

Kind Regards

Mary
Mary

Hi Julie, What did you end up buying? I have arthritis too and purchased a Phillips iron after the Sunbeam debacle. I have found in the past that Black and Decker irons are very light. Happy hunting!
Warm regards
Mary ox

Hi Mary,
I bought a wizz bang Philips iron and it is fantastic! It is called a Perfect Care Elite Silence and it is the steam station type with the seperate water tank. The iron itself weighs only 800 grams and is a breeze to use. More expensive than a traditional iron but I got a great special and a cashback. Money well spent.
Thanks for your reply,
Julie

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives