Sunbeam Pro Steam

Sunbeam Pro Steam (page 4 of 4)

Power (SR4400), SR4300, Glide (SR4110), etc...

• Product is used
  • Safety
Marie

MarieAdelaide

Worked fine for 6 months

I bought this and it seemed to work fine for 6 months. The problem started when it started leaking water and that would trip the electricity. It's not like the water tank was even full for this to happen but it happens every time. the electrician pointed this out to us and we tested it plugged into different rooms , even in a different house just to be sure.

Druscilla Sharp

Druscilla SharpBendigo

Sunbeam S R 4100 Steam Pro .

I think this is the worst Iron I have ever had , every time I have used it the power is tripped , I have tried it at two other houses and it always does the same thing it obviously has and electrical fault . Although I have persevered with it , I have had to purchase another . After using Sunbeam for over 45 years I think this model is substandard . Am I able to exchange it as it was a gift ( Brand New ) & I did not keep any packaging :

Janine

JanineSydney

terrible, very disappointed!

I found this iron to be absolutely a waste of money! Leaked, temperature control terrible & the irons surface sticks.
I only had this iron for a couple of months when it started leaking Hot water. I have been putting up with it for a few months & its has burnt my foot several times. I am going to find my receipt & return this terrible iron.I only wished I had checked this website before purchasing this product.

leaked, controls awkward

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Pro Steam compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Anne C

Anne C

Sunbeam Pro Steam. Dial setting ar difficult to read and set.

I have had 5 Sunbeam irons over the last 38 years. Excellent products. However the dials on my new Pro Steam are very difficult to read and more complicated to set. I thought perhaps it was just me, but my daughter (20/20 vision) has the same problem. Who designed this model ....... a 16 yr old who rarely irons anything?
Sunbeam irons are all I have ever bought, never ever having a problem with them in 38 years of ironing for a family of 6.
Dials difficult to read and alter.

SandraWestbrook

Lasted one, yes one month.

This iron was purchased on the 15th December, and today 19th January the left hand button for the spray fell out of the iron. I would say I have used that button three times and the iron maybe six times, I was not using that button today, just ironing. I also find that it does not heat as well as expected. My previous Sunbeam with the teflon coating was much better, I only replaced it as the coating was wearing off. Not good Sunbeam! I will take it back to the place I purchased as it is supposed to have a two year warranty.
Not much
Did not perform as well as expected

Sandra

Iron returned and money refunded without any quibbles at all. The lady said that there had been a 'considerable' number of the irons returned with the same fault. Looks like a design fault to me.

Dan JohnsonSunshine Coast, QLD

Broke a year into service

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Mr Johnson, we are very sorry to hear about your experience, please return the product back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Dan Johnson

Update: eventually Sunbeam sent me a new iron when they found the part I needed to fix it myself was unavailable. It's a pity I had to use threats of legal action to get proper service from them though!

reviewer 2013Auckland

Terrible product

This iron leaks like crazy and doesn't iron well. I took it back to the store and the replacement leaked as well. Sunbeam were a great brand once- their products were always well made and worked well and I would choose Sunbeam over other brands as my first choice. Not any more.

Leaks

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Good day Sarah. Thank you for comments. We would to discuss this further. Please can you provide you email address or telephone number.
Sunbeam Customer Services

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Good afternoon Sarah. We would like to assit with your enquiry and remedy this issue. Please could you call us on 0800 786 232 or email: cst@sunbeam.co.nz.
Thank you: Sunbeam Cutsomer Services - NZ

reviewer 2013

Hi, I just saw your messages. I have emailed you.

georgope

georgopeAU

Would not buy again

This iron is just not hot enough. I am taking twice as long to iron business shirts even when using the steam button on the whole shirt and they still don't look great compared to my last iron. I have never used a Sunbeam Iron and most probably will not again based on this one's performance. I know it is cheap but it shouldn't make more work. Have ordered a new iron as cannot use this one.
Water levels are very easy to see.
Not hot enough

Joe

Joeasked

Pro Steam

what is the weight of the Sunbeam prosteam 1200 iron

Mallock

Mallockasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

I bought this iron nine months ago and it constantly leaks black flecks and brown liquid. I use the self clean function regularly and empty the reservoir while not in use but it is still happening. I don't live in a hard water area. Is there anything else I could try because I assume this should last longer than nine months in a workable condition.

Lyn Wasked

Pro Steam

Hi, I want to clean the Pro-steam with a descaling soln. However, mine doesn't have a self cleaning button. Do I put the cap full of soln in while the machine is on and hot? Then do I use the steam and spray buttons together over the sink while it is on?
Thanks, Lyn

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Lyn W,
Are you sure that it doesn't?
Because the Pro steam does have a self cleaning button. Follow the manuals self cleaning steps: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/SR4400%20IB%20Web%20file.compressed.pdf

Lyn W

No it doesn't. Shall I send a photo?

Customer CareSunbeam

Yes please, it must be a different model to the one your have commented under.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 10 Sunbeam Pro Steam
CategoryIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam Generators
Price (RRP) A$79.95A$99.95A$49.95A$39.95
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateOct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011