VerifiedMPN:KE3560

Noise Level

Life's G.
Life's G.7 posts

Sunbeam quantum- Absolute rubbish

These sunbeam kettles used to be fantastic many years ago. I bought one again jn Jan 2021 only to return it days later as water was leaking out if the bottom of kettle. Took the second one home and in 6 months the auto boil button is very temperamental and doesnt always switch off. This leads to a build up of steam in the handle which burnt my hand. Not happy and would not recommend one of these. Not safe! Show details
Fotomanme
Fotomanme

Still a great product

Had the same kettle for 18 yrs before it died. This one performs exactly the same, very reliable, glad I re purchased ,the quality of build has not changed,I highly reccomend :)
Irene W
Irene WHobart, TAS7 posts

Only used it for a short time before it died

I used it in my Airbnb for a short time before it died. It had not been used for a couple of years before putting it into action. Because its warranty ran out after 12 months, we could not claim on it. Show details
Noise Level
Sunbeam   DM

Hello Irene W, Thank you for your feedback, so sorry to hear about your kettle troubles.

R Road
R Road11 posts

Used for years, very happy

A kettle that just works. Not too noisy, not too heavy, not too fiddly to put back on its base, easy to fill, easy to pour. This one may be our third over many years Show reply
Dori
DoriSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Great Jug

My second same jug, and I find it very good....boils fast, has an easy-pour spout, never had any leakages, light to handle, no tainted taste, never had a problem with jug getting too hot to handle, and easy to see water level.....overall a great reliable product, which I have recommended to family & friends.

Show details ·  2

Truthteller
TruthtellerPerth, WA13 posts

INITIALLY SEEMS SATISFACTORY

i like the 360 degree cordless power base which is designed to allow you to place the kettle on the base in any direction. Along with the cord storage facility which stores excess cord out of the way this is a good design feature.

The ON/OFF switch on the top of the kettle is more practical then having it at the base of the kettle. Not having the kettle for very long I'm hoping it will last a long time with no problems. However, reading some of these other recent reviews makes me somewhat concerned - I guess time will tell !

Beachgrob
BeachgrobSydney11 posts

Dangerously bad design - safety warning - possible risk of scalding

I am posting this review as a safety warning to others. I purchased this kettle to replace an old Sunbeam kettle that had worked well for many years. What a disappointment and my husband almost scalded himself! The problem is the plastic spout. When the plastic of the kettle gets hot (as happens when it is boiling water!) the lid covering the spout refuses to open (because it has expanded due to the heat) when you push the release on the handle. You have to prise it open by hand which is how the scalding can occur. We stopped using this dangerous product and bought a Breville. We will NEVER buy another Sunbeam kettle.

Bayside Travellers
Bayside TravellersBlack Rock3 posts

Poor Quality Do Not Buy

We purchased the Sunbeam Quantum Kettle to replace the old model which gave us many years of service. After less than three weeks of using this kettle we had s problem with the lid and it is hard to open and now does not close properly. On close examination this kettle has very cheap poor quality plastic hinge which has resulted in the lid malfunction. This kettle will be returned and we will buy anothet brand . It is sad to see such poor quality from what was once a well respected brand

Clive
Clive

KE3560 unsatisfactory

Two kettles failed within 8 months due to faulty insulation causing earth leakage and RCD tripping. The first was replaced under warranty; when the second one failed we accepted a refund. Both the retailer and Sunbeam seemed to be aware that this was a common problem with this model. Definitely not recommended,

BargainBoyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA53 posts

Poor designed and not up to usual Sunbeam Quality

We purchased this kettle 18 months ago. It starting tripping the circuit breaker due to leaking water after 6 months. The retailer replaced it under warranty. The new kettle has been ok but the cordless connection on the bottom now does not connect properly as it has been poorly designed. You need to swivel it back and forwards to get it to work and sometimes you come back to find the kettle has jus stopped. It is not under warranty any more but we hoped for more than 18 months from this kettle. Very disappointed and no better than a $7 k mart brand.

Timeless Traveler
Timeless TravelerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA26 posts

Excellent, Quick And Quiet

Just upgraded from my last one

(Kambrook kak36)

This new Sunbeam KE3560 is a little beauty so quick and quiet auto shutoff twin levels you can rotate handle left or right great for me as being a Lefty, filter in the pourer and replaceable, great price can't beat it!!

Gen
Gen2 posts

Very disappointing

The lid is hard to open and after 2 months the kettle kept tripping the electrical power of the whole house, had to return it to the retailer. Would definitely not recommend it.

WendyAuckland2 posts

TB
TBSydney7 posts

Sunbeam   DM

Hi TB, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, please contact us on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

Paul3562Auckland5 posts

Sunbeam Quantum Leaks onto base!

I had the same kettle, it also appeared to leak from the base, however I eventually discovered it was coming from the water gauge on the side which developed a hairline crack before cracking completely! I have returned mine to Farmers NZ and received a replacement. Other than the danger of electrocution from a leaky kettle I found it to be ok, At this stage given the choice I would not purchase another of these!
Nice Design.
Badly Constructed with water guage leaking onto electrical base!
Paul3562

Update. The replacement kettle developed the same problem within a month. Got a replacement from another manufacturer. Im not buying sunbeam ever again.