Sunbeam Quick & Cosy

Sasha

SashaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Does the Job

This is the first winter I have used this blanket and am impressed with the fast heat button #6. 15 minutes and warm as toast; took an hour on my old Sunbeam model at setting #10 (which was quite old).
I've not tried all the other heat settings, but setting #1 ok, and no problems so far.
I like the illuminated setting numbers.

Purchased in June 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $69.00.

Hi Sasha,
Thanks for the great review.!

AnnoyedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unreliable

Have purchased 2 Sunbeam electric blankets 18 months apart and then another 18 months when the second
blanket stopped working on the left hand side also.
Both were out of warranty and I contacted Sunbeam and they weren't at all interested in helping in any way. So haven't bought one since.
I mentioned my disappointment to a friend who also had exactly the same problem with the left hand
side blanket, twice also. Not good enough for a company such as Sunbeam - no after sales service at all.

Purchased in June 2013 at Target Australia for $130.00.

Peter R

Peter RBalaklava South Australia

Cheap and nasty

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Disappointed

Purchased two of these blankets today one for myself and one for my daughter. So so disappointed did as it suggested to put on for two to three hours for first use. Bed only luke warm after all this time on setting 5. So put on 6 for quick heat. Same only slightly warm. So still cold going to bed tonight.
I'll be returning to BIG W first thing tomorrow

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Claire, this sounds like these may need replacing. Please return them to the store of purchase for a replacement.

WOPA

WOPA

Rubbish

Uncomfortable. Plastic protrusion on top of mattress, where shoulders lie, from control connections. Can feel the heating elements. Expensive. High price for being uncomfortable.

Heating isn’t even. Feet stay cold as well as under the pillow.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Wopa, so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase, if you can PM your contact details please we will have one of our team give you a call and see if we can turn this experience around for you.

Disappointed

I just purchased this and it does not warm up properly on settings 1 -5 at all. The bed is luke warm after being on for over an hour. Setting 6 is the only setting which remotely makes the bed warm.

Doesn't Heat up

Mine is the same. Had it on 5 for an hour and couldn't feel any heat. Had 1 side on 3 all night and froze. Put it on 6 to warm up and it was fine but others settings are hopeless. Purchased online from Big W...think I will be taking mine back.

So disappointed

I just purchased this blanket but unfortunately I will be returning this electric blanket back to Big W, the only setting that works is 6....Settings 1 to 5 do not do anything.....Very unhappy

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lindy, Sorry to hear of the issues you have been having. Please bear in mind that settings 1 - 5 take 10 - 15 minutes to warm up whereas setting 6 is more instantaneous. Not sure if this was your issue?

Very uncomfortable

Purchased the quick and cosy electric blanket for the reason being a sunbeam product it would be ok and a little better than the cheaper versions .the heating side of things was ok along with the control panel .were the blanket failed was in the comfort department it turned a cosy bed into something rigid with configuration of the heating wires in the blanket

Lou S

Lou SNewcastle

Great blanket

This electric blanket does exactly what a good electric blanket should. It heats up quickly and the boost feature is great. Overall I have been very pleased with my purchase

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Mrsrson

MrsrsonAU

love it

this blanket as 6 settings one turnes on to 6 and warms up the bed in 6minutes then you have 1 to 5 on these settings the blanket turns of after 8 hours but not on setting 6 its warm enough for cold winter nights on low settings and the best electric blanket i have ever used highly recommended

mick

mickasked

Quick & Cosy Double/Queen (BL4661)

blanket packed up on left hand side big w replaced it . new one packed up on left hand side lost recipt big w will do nothing what happens now. Michael Farrell

Annoyed

The same thing happened to us twice with left hand side and also to a friend, Sunbeam were not interested in assisting us at all. Had a Sunbeam for years before with no trouble, will not be purchasing another one for this reason. Try Jason or another brand.

Hi mick,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind regards, Sunbeam.

Mandy

Mandyasked

Quick & Cosy Double/Queen (BL4661)

Mine has carked it overnight. It's been great since I bought it in late March/April(?) and suddenly the control doesn't work. I turned it off last night on setting 6 and when I tried to turn it on during the night to setting 1, the setting wouldn't change - stuck on 6, BUT no heat at all. I tried swapping the controls (the other one has never been used or even plugged in to the blanket) and the same problem occurs. What could the issue be? This problem is not covered in the user manual. Thanks.

Lindy
Lindy

Its obvious now that the controls seem faulty, as I had the same issues, as have others... I returned mine and got a refund, not a replacement, as I felt they could be a fire hazard......A big let down for a recognized brand....Regards Lindy Allan

Deb W
Deb W

Just wondering if you have turned the button off that you press to turn it on to 6......That is the only thing I can think of....Sorry.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mandy, if you have tried swapping the controllers and it is still not working, sounds like it is the blanket.
Please return it to your store of purchase with your original receipt and they will be happy to look after you.

Sue

Sueasked

Quick & Cosy Single (BL4621)

How much electricity does it use?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sue, great question.......approximately 150 watts which would be around 4 cents an hour.....very approximate. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives