Sunbeam SecretChef HP8555

Sunbeam SecretChef HP8555 (page 2 of 8)

MPN: 35904460

Big Disappointment.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
valbletch

Sorry to say the replacement has bubbled too!!! The searing I believe does this to the non stick surface. Very disappointed. Would not recommend the Secret Chef. Perhaps Sunbeam Official can reply on this??

Hi valbletch,
Sorry to hear of problem you are having. We have just sent you a private message for you to contact us...

poppa

poppaMELBOURNE

great product. But?

Great product that cooks really well.However the handle on the glass lid is metal with no heat insulation and gets very hot during cooking process. i put some heat insulation on the handle and now I cannot fault it. I would recommend this product and if the manufacturer reads this an insulated handle would make it a 5 star product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

High hopes - but let down when it gave up after 12 months

As a chef, I am very choosy when it comes to purchasing products for my home kitchen. This slow cooker was recommended and was doing its job well of low- moderate use. After 12 months it simply gave up. I assume it has two heating elements in each side of the cooking surface? Now only one side heats up and doesn't have enough power to cook anything so the whole unit is useless! Very poor equipment from a company that I held in high regard from a professional perspective - very disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
ahutt

ahuttPerth

Still experimenting!

I wish I had read the reviews before I bought this, now I know its not me. I have used this only three times so far - on low/high, separately and turning off before said time. Each time the meat has been overcooked. So I have concluded that this cooks very fast and when recipe says four hours cook for two. Will keep on experimenting. I agree with all of the comments. High is way too high and boils up very quickly and slow is not much better. I'll still keep experimenting. It seems that it would cook the toughest piece of meat very nicely, but forget chicken.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Penelly

PenellyNowra

Great tiil glass lid sheltered into dinner at 2 1/2?years old!

I loved it until lid shattered. Don’t expect it to be near as slow as old ones. High is way to high and meals I would put on about 8 am in older style need to go on about 11 am in order not to be overdone and to far

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Fish

Fish

Love it but taking it back tomorrow

We've had this cooker for 2 weeks, we've cooked amazing mesls in it! Hoping to get a replacement as we've found that the high setting slightly boils while the low setting really boils it! So i think the wires are a bit out of whack.
It is super easy to clean, searing in it means less dishes too.
We love the product even though it hasn't been perfect, it has still created amazing curries, roast and brisket.

LanaG

LanaGSydney

Does the job well and easy to clean

I am happy with my purchase of the slow cooker and I like using it at least once a week, more in winter than in summer. It does the job well and cooks very tender meat and poultry. Cleaning is easy as nothing sticks to the bottom and I can just wipe it clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Alysha

AlyshaMelbourne

Have made so many meals in this, 5 stars!

We use our Sunbeam slow cooker at least twice a week, and love how simple meal time is!

Usually we throw in the ingredients before work, and come home to an amazing slow cooked meal. The two settings allow for a longer lower temperature (8hrs) and an faster higher temperature (4hrs), meaning you can cook in time for dinner that night, or put it on in the morning. Easy!

The heat function means that even if you wont be home until 12hrs after setting your timer, the food will remain warm in the pot, perfect!

We have had zero issues with this product, and I even bought one for my Mum to use too!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
phoenixd

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Could be better

Brigitte S

Brigitte SWestern australia, 6052

Calm tool to use for cooking

I am happy to use this slow cooker which is simple and easy .The cooker is easy to remove without breaking it and cleaning is a breeze. The product work well. I wish the cooker was a bit larger and round not oval but it is to implying that the machine doe asn'the work well.

Nerdy

NerdyMelbourne

Good slow cooker

We find the sunbeam slow cooker very reliable which does produce very yummy meals its very easy to understand the instructions to cook also very easy to cook in the meat you buy to cook is the cheaper cuts of meat you buy at the butchers and easy to clean totally recommend this product

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fusspot21

Fusspot21Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was good then not

This slow cooker used to work great then half way through cooking it just died. electronics wont turn on. Contacted Sunbeam and the response was cant be fixed so we will offer 30% off next sunbeam purchase. I did like it when it worked but customer service has been awful. Am now in contact with ACCC. we think a slow cooker should last longer than 2 years.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Great in theory not good in practice!

Great idea to have the sear option that actually is very handy and this feature works well. However that's where the unit stops working well. This machine runs hot even on the low setting. Also the insert starts to peel after a short amount of time! So all in all I would not recommend this unit

Date PurchasedJul 2016

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

It's good

It's okay. I can't see that it is any better or worse than models my friends have. Cooks fine, functions are easy to understand and recipes translate well. It's bigger than I thought and could feed a decent sized family. Great for preparing legumes and beans, I don't eat meat so have not used it for that, bit my daughter bius the slow cooker sachets and uses the cheapest cuts of meat and gets compliments every time

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Christine

ChristineCanberra

Boils on low mode

I love the searing mode all in one slow cooker but this is the second one Ive purchased as the lowest setting on slow cook bubbles too high - pretty much boils. The idea is to leave it on at home while Im at work, Im glad I tested it first. I couldnt possibly do that. And for the price I paid it shouldnt be a worry. Otherwise its great quality but I cannot keep it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Tony Wragg

Tony WraggSydney, NSW

Great slow cooker

I upgraded from a smaller Sunbeam slow cooker to this one and I'm loving it. The fact you can do everything in the one pan (and control the temperature) is excellent. This means much less cleaning and a much better outcome. Haven't been able to fault it so far. Use it as a frypan as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Mizzy

MizzyPerth

Good value

Does as a slow cooker should. Great searing feature. I can make yogurt with it too =). Doesn't allow water to evaporate out. So easy to clean. Everything just slides off the non stick surface. At $150 it is really good value, we even bought it for friends who loved it.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Shell

ShellBranxholm

Love it

Cannot live without this - love the searing feature and I liked it so much I bought a second one to roast vegies in while I slow roast the meat - I use it almost every day even to make desserts and cakes in - best appliance I have ever had

Date PurchasedApr 2015

DragonWolf

DragonWolfQLD, 4655

All in one, Saves time & Only use I dish

I wanted this due to the searing/browning option & doing it all in one dish. It's very easy to clean & it looks great on my kitchen bench. I have a Roast Leg of Lamb in my Breville 7ltr SC and I will be doing the Roast Vegetables in my SunBeam Smart Chef as it's the perfect size for them & I know that my families meal will be on time and perfectly cooked. Will add more to my review a few months down the track after I give it a good workout with cooking lots of different recipes

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Disgruntled

DisgruntledGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I'm back in the kitchen - again

Sister in law and I both bought one and we txt each other daily on what we're making. Having the sear and browning modes are fantastic and choosing your own time length is good too. My creative juices are flowing again and my dishwasher remains empty as I do everything in the secret chef. For any recipes that dont have any greens etc I just pop them in an hr or so before times up on top of whats cooking. I've got my money's worth already.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Gordon G.

Gordon G.asked

operating manual

Hi Gordon G.
Please contact us on 1300 881 861 and we can arrange a copy for you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

DandJ

DandJasked

is this programmable- that is, can you set a timer to commence cooking at some later time?

A Speck
A Speck

Unfortunately not. It's the one feature missing (and something we missed in an earlier slow cooker we had). It does have a "warm" function though, which stays on for around 4 hours once your food is cooked which helps.

Hi DandJ,
Thank you for your question. Sorry - he HP8555 does not have this feature. Have a look at the CHP300 Express Crock XL Multi Cooker. This has a slow cooker function (amongst many others) and has a time delay function that allows you to delay the start of your cooking so that cooking finishes when you need it.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Skiibunny
Skiibunny

No DandJ it does not have a preset progam facility which is a pity. What attracted me though was the searing capability which I find to be good and suits my purpose.

Alisonian

Alisonianasked

Has anyone had trouble with the slow cooker button not working? It won’t scroll through H to low to warm. The timer just changes. Weird. Browning button works. Annoying.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategorySlow Cookers