Sunbeam Simply Stylish

Why have 5 toasting "levels"?

When we first used the toaster we put it on number 3, thinking that would be a nice even toast. It burnt. We have had to keep it on number 1 and even then, the toast gets pretty dark. We pop it up before it burns. Disappointing because it is a nice looking toaster.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nette

NetteMelbourne

Looks good after poor performance

Looks great but on the second toaster in less than a year
Doesn’t cook evenly anymore now it trips the safety switch as did the last one started on the right side now on the left side
very disappointed as we brought a kettle and toaster to match the new kitchen

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Burns unevenly

Date PurchasedSep 2017
JILLTEE

JILLTEEQLD, 4300

Nice looking toaster

This is a smart looking toaster and cooks the toast evenly, but does take quite a while to toast, the toast is nice and hot, and toasts the bread nice and crisp and soft inside but you will have to wait, i guess you could say good things cone to those who wait, in this case, the longer it toasts the nicer it comes out, but overall it is a pretty good toaster.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

ajmcart

ajmcartChristchurch

Hugely Disappointing

Right hand side now will not stay down. Have rarely used this toaster so cannot believe it is now only 50% functional - but of course a few mths out of warranty. We want 4 pieces of toast finished at the same time so that we can eat together.
Hugely disappointing purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Faulty

We bought this toaster from the shelf. Took it home put the slice inside, try to push the knob down without success. Took it back. The sale person told us that it works if you put the slice in. I was prepared for this answer by taking with me a slice of bread. The sale person took the slice, put it into toaster without success as well. If I would not had the slice with me he would not had wanted to accept that it was faulty. We were given credit and purchased Breville toaster instead.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

AB1

AB1Sydney

Disappointed

I brought this toaster, wanting something a little stylish as we have a new kitchen. I'm so disappointed. None of the slots toast evenly. It just does one side or burns one side depending on how it's feeling on the day. We literally have to watch it, then manually turn it round to get nearly evenly toasted. I have persevered with it but should have taken it back. Am getting a new one at the weekend. Not a Sunbeam though :)

garryrobinson

garryrobinson

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Getting very disappointed in Toaster. Got a toster from Woolies, forgot the brand already but very inconsistent and burnt your hand on the outside sso I went back to Sunbeam cool touch 4 slice. Sadly it is hopeless. Only toasts the bottom of the bread so we have to turn it back down to get the top half toasted. OPathetic really.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Disappointed.

I purchased this toaster on 1. style and 2. product reputation. We don't use a toaster every day but after three separate attempts the toaster was returned on day 6. It toasted really well on setting 2 if you could get the bread to 'retract' to toast but this was the problem; getting the bread into the toaster. Very disappointing - from checking toaster reviews on-line I am left wondering what toaster to buy next.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good for money spent.

Great company good communicarion. Toaster works allright but You have to keep your eye on it above 2 otherwise it will burn. Looks good & wide long slots. Good value

Review collected in partnership with Sunbeam

Tim

TimWellington

Effective toaster

I've had this toaster a couple of days. I've toasted heavy Burgen bread, it worked just fine. The toasting wasn't perfectly even but it was good enough. It looks good and toasting is much faster than our old Russel Hobbs toaster (which broke in two separate ways within 18 months of purchase).

If there are significant changes in my opinion later I'll update the review.

Genghis7777

Genghis7777Christchurch

Looks OK, does the job

We went with the London Collection b/c they looked nice: Unfortunately we found that one of the element panels didn't work resulting in one of the slots only cooking one side. After returning that one, we tested the all the other units the shop had in that range and all had the same problem! They obviously have a design problem in the London Collection.

We stuck with Sunbeam after reading poor reviews for the Russell Hobbs and deLonghi brands. This toaster works fine. Unlike the London Collection, the elements don't glow bright which initially made me sceptical of its performance but actually the toast is more evenly brown. Slide out crumb trays are easily accessible at the rear.

Jay C

Jay CMelbourne

The silver plating turns golden after few use. Toasting not that good either

After using couple of times, we noticed that the silver plating (chrome) on the top of the toaster started to turn golden colour and then started to turn black. One of the reason you buy these fancy toasters are the looks but no point if the start to look ugly. Toasting is not good either.

Kristina

Kristina

Good, until it died

Loved the look of our toaster and it worked quite well, but very disappointed when the hold-down function on the right hand side stopped working just after the 1 year warranty period. Now we have to hold it down by hand to get this side to toast. This is the first "expensive" toaster I've ever bought and I expected a lot better. Should have stuck with a cheapie.

Burnt Toast

Burnt ToastBrisbane

Good looks but poor performance.

annieoakley

Toasts unevenly and burns on setting one

I reviewed before I bought, there is not one brand that has consistent good reviews, except the ones that cost $400 +. So I tried this one. Waste of space on the benchtop. It does not toast evenly, much more on one side than the other and on setting one it was burning the toast around the edges, no hope of toasting fruit bread. The other features were good, however the main function of a toaster (even toasting with 6 levels) FAILED! How not one company consistently makes a good toaster! Make a good toaster first, then worry about colours and bling (colours and bling are nice, but toast first). At the moment I have a cheap Kmart one which still does not toast very evenly but at least it does not burn it.

annieoakley

Thanks, I just wish someone made a good toaster, look at the reviews for all brands, none consistantly good.

Avoirhund1

Avoirhund1Gold Coast

Toasts to perfection

The Sunbeam Simply Stylish 4 slice toaster is great for families or couples who like different tan levels on their toast. It has independent controls that are very easy to read and operate. Easy to remove crumb tray to make cleaning simply. It has 6 electronic toast settings although I have not had to go above 3 to suit our needs. It cooks evenly both sides of the bread. Self-centering slots for a variety of bread types. High-lift for crumpets and bagels so you don't burn your fingers. Its chrome and black finish (not sure if there are other colours) is classic and stylish. And for a stylish and somewhat retro look it's price point is way better than other brands. Its also a brand with a strong reputation.