Sunbeam SleepPerfect Queen Pillowtop BL5551

Sunbeam SleepPerfect Queen Pillowtop BL5551

MPN: BL5551

The one I bought is a Lemon

My impression upon first nights use was how pleased I was with the purchase, however now after one week, it has changed from one of ecstasy to agony. It is unreliable, frustrated by the fact on the 9 hour night sleep mode, it turns off somewhere between 4 and 5 hours waking me up in the middle of the night and cold. I thought probably a faulty timer. They probably only cost about $10 to make in China. I checked the timer on the 1 hour setting and it shut off exactly after 60 minutes set on level 3. My wife’s timer also experienced the same problem as my timer, which caused me to check the specs. I had to download as no instruction book was included in the purchase. It showed the warranty is either void or voidable at the option of the manufacturer if a power board or extension cord is used, however as I have 4 power points behind my bed, I was able to plug into dedicated power points, so this has been excluded. As both timers failed at the same time, it is concluded that the reason why the power shuts off before 9 hours is a fault inside the blanket and the microprocessor senses the abnormal operation and automatically cuts off power to the blanket. However I an open to revise my adverse review if this faulty unit is exchanged for one that performs in a manner as promoted and free of defects. Sunbeam who monitor these reviews should be able to tell me if the unit should have came sealed inside a plastic cover,(no) if the timers should have come detached from the blanket (no), if an instruction Manuel should have been included (no). I am suspicious that it may have been previously used by someone else as the cardboard carton it came in was not sealed, perhaps even returned to the store as being faulty? . Sunbeam! I welcome your feedback, but please do not insult my intelligence and say aah! You need to take it back to our repairer situated some 50km’s south of Alice Springs and we will have it fixed before Xmas. I am afraid that sort of nonsense does not apply anymore due to Australian Consumer laws being revised in 2010, which warrant that goods are of merchantable quality, fit for the purpose intended and be free of any defects and faults. Now that I have had the unit for one week, comparing with the quilted version, with the pillow top, the former sells for about $179 at Harvey Norman and the PillowTop Goodguys for $279. Except for extra padding in the pillow top, they are identical, just the pillow top is about $100 more,so any consumer that reads my article it up to them to make a commercial decision on cost if you are thinking of buying.

Purchased in July 2019 at GoodGuys Helensvale for $266.00.

Best electric blanket I've owned!

Love the pillow top on this blanket so you can't feel the wires, however it's not as padded as you would think it would be with a name like pillow top, more like quilted to me.
Only negative for me is the placement of the control box that hits my elbow but not as bad as some do.
Love this blanket would not be without it!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

I love the twelve hour setting!!

The electric blanket fits well, and works consistently. The range of settings is great, and a low one can keep you comfortable overnight. The only problem I have had is with the controllers, which unfortunately had to be replaced. However, the cost of doing so was worthwhile, as I think this washable blanket will be great for many winters to come.

Date PurchasedApr 2015