Sunbeam SmartBake Custom BM7850

Sunbeam SmartBake Custom BM7850 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: SNB-BM7850

Bread lover

Love the Custom function!

dave and christine

dave and christinemelbourne

So far very happy

Follow up:- we have made over a dozen loaves of different bread types and sizes so far all with extreemly pleasing results. Really cannot fault this machine.

Woo

The booklet I have says it is for this model but appears to have errors as it says to remove the paddle and yet obviously it cannot be removed. Just wonder if I have a dud booklet?

WooRotorua

Disappointed

Looks really flash

nalocomi

nalocomiSydney

A bit disappointed

nothappynileAU

not a horizontal bread machine

Bread lover

What is your definition of horizontal? Mine bakes a lovely "Farmhouse loaf", shorter and wider than commercial bread but definitely not vertical.

Sunbeam smartbake bm7850

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Don, truly sorry to hear of this issue. Could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 and ask to speak with the Team Leader for further assistance.

BeckH
BeckH

Robina Algie

Robina AlgieWollongong

Very disappointing - no star could be awarded to this product

The Sunbeam Smartbake BM7850 was the third Sunbeam breadmaker I've purchased in about 7 years, the second one (BM7800) lasted 3 years with multiple breadpan replacements (at a cost of $90 each including postage) during that 3-year span because of poor quality non-stick coating on the breadpan, however, there were no problems encountered with the actual motor until the past two weeks when the machine became erratic. I took delivery of the Smartbake Custom BM7850 on Wednesday morning, October 31, 2013 and used it for the first (and last) time on Wednesday afternoon, October 31, 2013 - the machine failed as soon as the mixing paddle had rotated twice and could not be restarted.

The motor failed in the first minutes of use.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Robina, we sincerely apologise could you please contact our Consumer Support Team to discuss further on 1300 881 861.

Chris Dixon

Chris DixonKatherine, Northern Territory

My sunbeam model  - the old version of this has just died

and I have nothing but praise for it. I have used it three times  a  week for almost 4 years and it's become like an old friend. So tomorrow I will be purchasing the new sunbe bread maker because the quality of the breads that it makes is fantastic. I won't buy anything else!

The paddle fell off - my mum put the tin in water and I think that and it's age was metal fatigue

DEEVONQueensland

First time disappointing

My old bread maker (not Sunbean) died so my husband was very thoughtful and brought me the Smartbake custom (looks impressive). I have used it once and I am very disapponted. The top is very light (almost looks not cooked) and it was not cooked fully- sort of like crumpets and nor had it mixed very well- when I cut into it flour fell out of it. My old breadmaker you simply put it on and walked away. The reviews I have read I think I will be taking it back as it seems like the issues are common
Looks flash
Doesnt mix well, or bake

DEEVON

Now the LED screen has died, used twice and it's broken. At least the next loaf was edible though the crust is inconsistant. It will be going back on Monday

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Deevon, Could you please contact our Customer Care Team to discuss further as htis seems to be a recipe issue. Our contact number is 1300 881 861.

David Wilson
David Wilson

Arthur M.

Arthur M.asked

Bought a Sunbeam smart-bake bread-maker 4 years ago and today the panel would not respond when I tried to push the program buttons. What can I do? Can I get it repaired? It worked very well and I would like to have it repaired if possible.

Lynne Meek

I have had this happen, and I bought a new one. It may be that something has worn out. You could contact your local service agent, and see whether they can repair it, but you might find that it is more cost-effective to buy a new one, especially if they charge a minimum fee. I love mine. I use it every day in my cafe kitchen and, because we use it so much, I have gone through a few of them, but I wouldn't use anything else (have tried some others). I hope Sunbeam never discontinues it.

Hi Arthur M,
These are generally not repaired as the cost may not be worth it.

Patrickasked

We have a Sunbeam Smartbake Custom, bought Dec 2017. The buttons have stopped working, it all lights up but nothing happens when the buttons are pressed.
We really like this machine and this is the second one but this is the same fault as the previous one we had.

Is there a way to reset it

Hi Patrick,
So sorry to hear of this. There are not any re-set or tricks to resolve this unfortunately. Given this is your second unit with the same issue, please call 1300 881 861 we would like to replace this for you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Patrick

Thank you, that’s excellent, I have been in contact with Sunbeam and forwarded the proof requested.

Kylie

Kylieasked

I have just bought this bread maker and the screen does not come on , I'm following instructions, what am I doing wrong, where's the on button as start is not it.

Lynne Meek

No, there isn't a button to turn it on. The screen should light up as soon as you switch the power on. If that's not happening, it may be faulty and will need to be replaced. Try it in another power point to make sure.

Hi Kylie,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your product. Please be assured all customer feedback is taken seriously and your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams. Please return this to the place of purchase for a replacement. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBreadmakers