Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter Coffee Machine PC8100

sean r.asked

I had PC8100 unit for 3 weeks and now it's showing an error Ec1, please help
Can message me on +61417171113

Hi Sean R,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

Naomi L.
Naomi L.asked

Hi we got a error code Ec4 what does this mean? Came after I tried to turn it off brew now

Hi Naomi,

Lara S.
Lara S.asked

Is the top plastic lid that you lift meant to sit flush as mine doesn't and it steams out the side of it. Also my glad jug doesn't seem to sit completely flat on the warming plate. Is this normal?

Nicky

I find that if you put the jug in first before closing lid, the lid will not sit flush. If you shut the lid 1st then put you jug in it will be ok. Also move your jug around, it may be off center. Though closing the lid first may fix the problem with the jug.

Hi Lara S,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindy respond via this please.

Sarah K.
Sarah K.asked

Hi i have had my sunbeam coffee maker for a ciuple of months and it has now come up with error code ec2

Hi Sarah K,

Marilize d.
Marilize d.

Had my coffee maker for 2 weeks and just got Ec2 message and it won't do anything now. There is no error procedures in the user manual!

Steve
Steveasked

Have a 3 months old PC8100 you load it up press brew nothing happens for about 30 seconds then it says finished, clean function doesnt work, water will not go thru it at all. Is there a reset, please dont suggest cleaning as nothing is going thru it at all. Is this covered under warranty or another waste of money?

Hi Steve,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

raferyan2002asked

Do you have to use the water filter cartridge? Can you just go without?

Hi raferyan2002,
Yes i would suggest using the filter cartridge when using your PC8100. The 2-step advanced water filtration system reduces impurities like chlorine and calcium to make coffee taste better.

raferyan2002

Thank you but what I want to know is if it functions without it

Hi raferyan2002,
Yes you can use it without but it just means you will have to descale it more regularly then if you were using it.

Melissa T.asked

My coffee (and even plain boiled water used for other kinds of drinks) tastes plasticky/metallic and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. Have tried a vinegar clean but hasn't helped. Is there something wrong with my machine?

Hi Melissa,
Did you follow the below steps?.
1- Remove the advanced water filtration system from the coffeemaker.
2- Prepare 4 cups or 600ml of undiluted, white household vinegar. Pour the vinegar into the water reservoir.
3- Place the empty reusable filter into the filter basket and close the coffeemaker’s lid.
4-Place the empty carafe back in the unit, centered on the warming plate.
5- Press the Clean button.
6- The coffeemaker will run a slow clean cycle and shut off.
7- Discard the cleaning solution and rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
8- Fill the water reservoir with 12 cups of clean, fresh water.
9- Place the empty carafe back on the coffeemaker, centered on the warming plate.
10- Remove the reusable filter used during the cleaning cycle and rinse it thoroughly before replacing it in the filter basket.
11- Press Brew Now and allow the full brew cycle to complete, rinsing the coffeemaker with hot water.
Discard the water and rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
12- Repeat steps 8 through 12 one more time, to ensure it is fully rinsed.
Your coffeemaker is now clean and ready to brew the delicious, hot coffee!

NOTE: It is recommended that you descale your coffeemaker every 30 days.

Melissa T.

I've tried this ;_; I've also tried using paper filters and it doesn't seem to make a difference

Hi Melissa T,

Tina A.
Tina A.asked

Yesterday I unfortunately dropped and smashed my carafe for this Drip Filter machine - are there spare carafes available and if so the price of them or is it cheaper to re buy the whole machine???

Nicky

Email Sunbeam team, my carafe got a crack in it they sent me a brand new one (under warranty though). They would be able to give you a price to see either way.

Eileen C.
Eileen C.asked

Can you use instant coffee in it or do you have to use beans that you have to ground up??

Lisa M

Can only use ground coffee, instant wouldn't work or be advisable.

Nicky

I am now using tea bags in mine, gone of coffee. 8 tea bags for 12 cups of water, it's great. I have also used Moccona Gold in my machine worked ok, just wash it.

mez
mezasked

is water filter required?
Since it is not in retail shops,I cannot find it but do I have not use it or it can be removed?

Lisa M

The filter that is included with the unit is a good idea to use, I was told you can order them from your place of purchase (Harvey Norman etc..) I hadn't thought about not using it to be honest, just looking at the user leaflet no mentions not to.

Sueanne
Sueanne

What if purchased through a website that doesn't sell filter cartridge

Sue S.
Sue S.asked

What is the difference between the specialty brew model and the base model?

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sue S,
We have a comparison page on our websiteL https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Product-Comparison/?subCategoryPageId=380&skuIDs=PC8100,PC7800,PC7900

Essentially, the specialty brew has more functions and indicators to let you know exactly what is happening with the machine were as the base models have less and you would need to understand how you will your coffee with a few trial runs.
All GREAT machines, just comes down to preference at the end.

Katieasked

I have just opened my new drip filter machine, rinsed the components and now when I turn it on I get Ecs (may be a 5) and the timer lights flash across the bottom. I can’t get it to do anything. I have tried leaving it turned off and restarting a couple of times but no luck. Is there a fix or do I need to return it?

Take it back.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Katie,
I haven't heard of this problem before, taking it back for a replace would be your best option.

Katie

Left it unplugged overnight and now it is working perfectly - go figure!

Vinny Low
Vinny Lowasked

Where can I buy the Advanced Water Filtration Cartridge and the size? Does this machine use coffee paper filter? Also where can I buy Advanced Water Filtration Cartridge and when it should be replace?

Lisa M

Doesn't need filter paper, still checking for the filters too, retailer where I purchased said will be available very soon due to the machine being so new. Hope sooner rather than later. Need replacing monthly.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Other Drip Coffee Machines