Sunbeam Sprint SR6300

• Product is used
  • Safety
Tracey
TraceySouth East Queensland, QLD

I wish you could just say do not buy!

I also wish I had read the reviews & bought something else! This is the worst iron I have ever purchased!!!! I have always been a fan of sunbeam irons but this one does not deliver at all, for a steam iron, it doesn’t get hot enough. It drags the clothes & does not glide. i was given a Myer voucher for Christmas & bought late January on sale for $59, what a waste of money!!!! I spend hours ironing for the clothes to look like they are crushed. I suggest to take it off the market & stop disappointing your buyers!!!

Purchased in January 2021 at Myer for $59.00.

Peter
PeterNorth Queensland, QLD

Sunbeams White Elephant

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Worst iron, ever.

I wish I had reviewed this iron more before buying. It is horrible. It doesn’t get hot enough to iron anything and doesn’t “glide” at all. Takes double the time to iron business shirts and even then doesn’t get the finer creases out leaving the shirt looking un-ironed and unprofessional. Don’t buy this iron unless you want to be disappointed. I’m just hoping MYER will allow me to exchange it without the box (still have receipt thankfully).

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Username2020,
So sorry to hear about your experience with this iron. However all our irons come with a 100 day money back guarantee, so you have the option of refund or exchange.
Thank you for you feedback.

humbugSoutheast, SA

Worst performing iron ever

This is the worst iron I have ever owned. It doesn't glide. It doesn't get hot enough. It catches on all fabrics and it is truly hard work to iron all materials but especially linens. Besides which it cost $145 because I had no other option but to buy it at the local country hardware.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi humbug,
Sorry to hear of issues with this iron. Please return it to the store of purchase.

humbug

Thankyou for your reply. I have returned the iron for a full refund and hope that your company can iron out all the problems.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Sprint SR6300 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Debra
DebraVictoria

Makes ironing so much harder

Wish I had read the reviews first. I was reluctant to replace my 14 year old otherwise perfectly good sunbeam but with a broken water cover. The Sprint is truly awful, just as the other reviewers have said. I will be returning it!

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $119.00.

Hi Debra,
Thank you for your feedback. I will be passing this on to our product and design team that you are not satisfied and will be returning to the store.

Sunbeam sprint sr6300

Will not take creases out of denim jeans, sticks to my daughter work shirts and burns nylon as soon as it looks at it.
Then it wont heat up or steam absolute rubbish money back would be good, tried cleaning it to get it to steam, made no difference to the ironing if I had the receipt I would take it back.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Noform. Apologies for the issues you are having with your iron. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Donna

This is the worst Sumbeam iron I have ever owned, I am extremely disappointed.

When I first tried this iron, I thought what is going wrong with Sunbeam and their irons. The iron would not glide over my clothes and pulled the fabric back with it, adding more wrinkles than what I could iron out. This iron doesn't appear to heat to the temperature guides.
The button for steam is loose and is depressed and unable to release steam.
I have only ever purchased Sunbeam irons. I was 18 when I bought my first iron and I am 60 years now. It was the most expensive of the Sunbeam irons and I am so bitterly disappointed.
I should not have to buy another iron in such a short time.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your iron. please give our customer care team a call on 1300 881 861 and they can further assist you.

Donna

I bought a $25 iron from Kmart. It does the job.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Penny
PennyMelbourne

Worst iron ever

I have had Sunbeam irons in the past but this one is shocking. The non-stick base grips to fabric instead of 'gliding' over it as it states as being a feature. It puts extra creases in the fabric as you're ironing it. I purchased this at Target and will be returning it today

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sophie
SophieMelbourne

Does NOT glide over fabric AT ALL

I have been using a Kambrook iron made in 1999 for years and years but it was time to update so I purchased this iron for a reduced price in the Boxing Day sale at Target. I used it for the first time this morning and it pretty much sticks and grips to your clothes. It does not 'glide' over fabric as the product states. I am very disappointed and want to return it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Sprint SR6300 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Debjo
DebjoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Iron does not glide

I had a a Sunbeam Ultra 5800 which has been a great iron for many many years. I thought it would therefore be safe buying another Sunbeam. However this one does not glide over the fabric at all so therefore makes ironing impossible. I used it once and have now put it back in the cupboard and have gone back to my old one which works 100% better than the new one. I notice it has a 2 year replaced warranty but the thing is I don't want another SPRINT iron but one with a stainless steel sole plate. Might take it back and see if they'll let me exchange different one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
chipper
chipperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not much better than ironing with a hot house brick!!

This iron is supposed to glide over the fabrics etc etc. Well it definitely doesn't come close to it, it sticks in places and forms more creases in front of the crease that you're trying to iron out. It is heavy to push, forwards and backwards and with a load of ironing to do, a weight lifter's arms would get tired. I've only had the iron 2 months and I think i"ll have to dump it, couldn't give it to some other unsuspecting soul.

Sorry Sunbeam, but this product has hit the bottom of the barrel and your reputation can only suffer for it. I'm off to buy another iron, but definitely not a Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016