3Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

51% · 3631 · 44%

Judy
JudyVictoria7 posts

Failure

A few years back I purchased this machine from Harvey Norman. I was so excited but was short lived
No pressure was told the grind then the temper.so I enrolled in 2 coffee making courses and was.great.
I tried 3 Torino machines now I own one fantastic Expo Bar no issues what so ever
I think sunbeam needs to look further into the machine
Torino could in the future be a great machine
Was this machine an old model from another maker? Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Judy, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of your experience with the Torino. This is definitely a Sunbeam original design. Kind regards Sunbeam

Pete M.
Pete M.

Cleaning cycle won't complete

The cleaning cycle of this machine is not working as per instructions or anything close to what the YouTube video suggests should be happening. I run the cycle but it does not flush completely and does not clear the cycle.
This is a good machine for coffee but clearly many other users have also found problems with this unit so it seems the manufacturer has more work to do in getting this machine right.
Don't bother calling the sunbeam help on a weekend either. Show details
Jan
Jan15 posts

Clean cycle wont go off again Has been cleared already under warranty this will be 2nd time. Just out of 2 year warranty

The machine is amazing but not when the clean cycle come on. It wont go off. Have put it in under warranty had it fixed now it is back again. Have followed updated instructions too the book and instructions from service centre and today it is back
Yes 18 Months later but surely people should not have too put it in for a service too get rid of clean cycle everytime.. Have just tried cleaning it again following updated instructions both cleans done and still clean comes up. I am not the only 1 that has this problem too clear it cost $150 it was cleaned 3 times by us on the day it went it. Yet the repair centre even charged too run the tablets through again. Just out of 2 year warranty. Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Jan, So sorry to hear of this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Justalittle
JustalittleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible. No pressure. bad coffee

This machine has just never worked! We have had this machine for less then 12 months and it just has never held pressure and poured good coffee despite hours of playing. We had a Sunbeam Cafe Series for years we loved and why we upgraded. Spent $$ on a lemon, when we complained was told the machine works so nothing could be done. Terrible customer service on what ia obviously a known LEMON coffee machine Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Justalittle, So sorry to hear of your experience with the Torino. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further trouble shooting. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Brendan
BrendanSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Jacquie Sutherland
Jacquie Sutherland

Pressure gauge not functioning and coffee leaks from hopper at all sides

We purchased this machine last June from Harvey Norman in Napier. We own a B&B and wanted equipment that makes first rate coffee. Until February this year, the equipment was perfect everytime however it now leaks from around the hopper and the hopper is very loose when filled with grounds ready to brew whereas before it was snug. The grind size has not been changed. Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Jacquie, Thank you for your valuable feedback and review. So sorry to hear of your issues with your Torino. Please call our Customer Care team on 0800 786 232 and we would love to assist you further.

Pat
PatSydney, NSW2 posts

Mine is good but some getting used to

Bought 2 years ago. Am happy with it. What I’ve learned is that pressure can be really sensitive to tamping. I do get the odd cup that fails. But if anything mine are more like ristrettos. Plenty of pressure. One issue: I can’t get the ‘clean’ message to go away. I’ve run the cycle but it isn’t satisfied. Still works fine. Show details ·  1
Harriet
Harriet

Bar pressure is dismal- terrible

The bar pressure is non-existent! Have tried adjusting the grind and cleaning the machine with no avail.
Also, the programming function doesn’t work for either 1 or 2 shot.
It’s a lot of money to spend for no coffee!
I keep trying to get through to the help number and all I get is an answering machine saying they are in a meeting and to call back?! Are you kidding?! How about you call me back! Not cool! Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Harriet, Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the difficulty in getting in contact. If you haven't already done so since your review, please call on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you.

Aussie_gd
Aussie_gdAU

Great machine for the money

Have used 2 cafe series sunbeam coffee machines since 2003. Both lasted until now. Apart from occasional servicing I have had only 1 problem during those years. Exceptional. The Torino is top of the tree quieter and quicker and a more beautiful practical machine. It is ideal for home use and I have absolutely no qualms in recommending this machine to anyone who will listen.

Show details ·  1

orezero
orezeroCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts

A great piece of coffee kit

Have had the Torino since September and cannot fault the quality of the brews that the machine produces. It's a shame but we've almost given up going out for coffee as we've found we experience a more consistently good coffee at home. Have even begun practicing some coffee art. Our old machine was a Breville Dual Boiler and would rate the Sunbeam at least a star better. Very impressed and have no complaints thus far.

Show details ·  1

Chris
ChrisSNUG4 posts

Looks good.. Great coffee for two weeks only

The first 20 cups where perfect, but after that the coffee is very inconsistent and I'm pouring most of the coffee down the sink. Same amount of coffee in the group head and you get two different results. Put the cleaning disc in and the gauge went to maxamin and it stayed there and no water came out of the group head, removed grouphead and placed it back in position and then tried again and water poured out. I'll be asking for a refund. My old sunbeam was an excellent machine...really disappointed.

Coffee Lover
Coffee Lover

Terrible quality machine - won’t last

If you are going to spend this much money on a coffee machine I strongly recommend going with a better brand such a expobar, ecm or rocket. This machine looks great but lacks the functionality it should have. Many plastic components are hidden, the coffee is watery and doesn’t get enough pressure and the steam wand has insufficient mobility. The manual lever and steam wand already creak and groan when moved. Terrible machine.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Coffee Lover, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the machine. If you think it is faulty please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further

Cath
CathThe Rock2 posts

Worst coffee machine I have bought!

Bought Dec 2017, took back late April 2018 as water pouring out around group handle when making coffee. Had to call to ask where it was, didn't get it back till end of June. And it is still pouring water out! Am not impressed. Will be taking it back to Harvey Norman today for a refund as the machine is not fit for purpose. I do not want another offer of having it fixed as it is obviously not worth it! I just want my money back so I can purchase a decent coffee machine!

Judi W
Judi WBrisbane2 posts
Mrs Tee
Mrs TeeQueensland2 posts

Lucky
LuckyBrisbane5 posts

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

red devil
red deviladelaide6 posts

Sunbeam torino coffee machine

This machine has to be one of the worst coffee machine ever!! 10 weeks old coffee is very watery not expressing properly tried all trouble shooting, called sunbeam the tech guy went through trouble shooting on the phone and to my amazement told me the machine was fine how he could know that from a phone conversation is beyond me.

Another issue the drip tray fills withe water because it expels so much water while warming up, consequently the tray needs emptying about every 5 cups.

Kieren W
Kieren WSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Sal
Sal4 posts

Stuart B
Stuart B

Love my machine-However!!!

This machine replaced my old delonghi fully automatic (which still works by the way). I actually went with the intention of buying a Breville Oracle but was pursuaded by the sales rep. I struggled to get a consistent cup of coffee at first until I went on a home barista course-Theres more to making good coffee than buying a coffee machine. Now a perfect cup of coffee every time. Machine has worked perfectly for the last 2 years and then suddenly decided not to turn on. I rang Sunbeam, who were very helpful and organised for the machine to be looked at. They have now offered to replace the machine FOC. Will will wait to see how long it takes to the new one to arrive

fred20
fred20Perth, WA6 posts
Andy
AndyHobart3 posts

Darren P
Darren PSydney, NSW2 posts

Steam Wand not working from the start

I really wished I looked online before venturing from Breville to Sunbeam. The machine looks great.....but I certainly haven't seen it work properly yet. How does a machine not work straight out of the box? The Steam Wand is dead....I have tried what another reviewer has mentioned by pulling the water container out and re-installing and nothing.

Such a pain to carry such a large and heavy machine home for it not to work after going through the whole unpacking process.

Maybe there should be a recall on this machine?

Serena
SerenaOakleigh2 posts

Coffee, coffee, coffee

We bought this machine and grinder to replace our 8 year old machine that was starting to show signs of too much use. The Torino is a step up from what we had and we have been very happy with the coffee that it produces and the ease of use. Very straight forward to use and produces a good quality coffee.

Rob
Robperth11 posts

Sad coffee lover
Sad coffee lover

Doesn't cut it

Steam wand broke down after 5 days of use. Also could not get a crema on coffee. When we contacted Sunbeam were surprised to learn we couldn't get it repaired unless it went to Sydney no service centre for this machine in Vic. Very disappointing considering the price. Wouldn't recommend this machine at all.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Kerry
KerryHunter Region, NSW4 posts
Suzanne
SuzanneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Tai
TaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

leaking

Hi bought this May 2016. from Harvey Norman (Batch1241532816). steam wand been dripping water since day one.

and every 2-3 days i've got a pool of water under the coffee machine. been trying to call sunbeam customer service hotline and each time put me on hold over 20mins and eventually i just hung up.

Mem E.