Sunbeam Two-Way PB8080

MPN: PB8080

11 questions from our users

Anniemac

Anniemacasked

Can I make nut butter with this blender?

Hi Anniemac,
Some nut butters can be made with the PB8080 but it is not recommended as a High Performance Blender which is more suitable for this use.

Janeth S.

Janeth S.asked

Hi, I have the blender since three years ago and the Extra Wide 9cm Reversible Blade doesn't move at all, where I can take it to be repaired? We are based in Essendon VIC 3040. Thank you.

Hi Janeth,
If you go onto our website attached https://www.sunbeam.com.au/ & scroll to the bottom of the page you will find our service agents locator if you click on that you should be able to find one close to you. I believe there is one in Brunswick which looks close by.

Jane asked

Hi the (new) blender has been going great but one of the kids forgot to check the blade assembly was tightened and it leaked a little. Cleaned it up and tightened it then finished making the smoothie. Now we cannot unscrew it to clean it. We have tried over a number of days.
Obviously some of the smoothie leaked down and I'm guessing it has created some kind of seal?
It is now smelling. But only from underneath. The inside of the jug has no smell so the seal must be really good.
Have you any ideas as to how we can loosen it?

Hi Jane,
Below is instructions from the product manual this is for a thorough clean. Try this & hopefully this works.

Turn the blender jug upside down. Unscrew
the blade assembly from the jug by placing
the open end of the ingredient cap at the
base of the blade assembly. Use the grooves
on the opening of the ingredient cap to align
the cap to the base of the jug. Turn the
ingredient cap in an anti-clockwise direction
to remove the blade assembly.
Remove the rubber seal from the blade
assembly. Wash the blender lid, ingredient
cup, rubber seal, blade assembly and blender
jug in warm soapy water.

Jane

Did that.... it just won't come apart - that is the issue....

Hi Jane,
I have just sent you a private message if you could respond via that would be great.

Tony Basked

We just bought a PB8080. It won't come on. After pressing on/off and then any program button the warning light and the selected program light come on but nothing happens. After a while the smoothie and fine chop lights start flashing and still nothing happens. Is it broken?

blackpaw
blackpaw

Exactly the same problem here, fresh out of the box.

Tony B

I managed to fix it. Seems the motor was just stuck. Give it a few firm blows on the side with your hand and on to the work surface. Rather untechnical but it got it going!

Marie. Gasked

What setting to use for making energy balls, nearly blew it up trying different settings?

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Marie G,
Can I ask what ingredients go into your energy balls?
I ask because most recipes I see online use powders, small nuts, maybe dates and they are put into the blender just to make combining easier. I don't see anything with ingredients that will really test a blenders limits?

Marie. G

Almond butter, dates, maple syrup and ground rolled oats are basic ingredients. Is a brand new machine, just want to check what setting is best to use so I don't break it straight away. Was definitely struggling.

Customer CareSunbeam

I have asked our chef/product testing guru to help me in answering your question. She would have a better idea regarding recipes and how to use the product correctly with each recipe - just waiting on a response, will update you soon.

Lisaasked

My two-way blender doesn’t seem to pull the smoothie ingredients down. It mixes the stuff that is near the blender but there’s no whirlpool effect as I’ve seen in other blenders. This leads to be blending a smoothie on a high cycle 5-6 times every morning with me intervening and mixing. Is there something I’m missing here?

Lisa

Should clarify - I use the green/frozen smoothie setting.

TAJ
TAJ

Have had the same result. Tried all the settings and The smoothies are just mulched but not fluffy. Very disappointed.

Brittany M.

Brittany M.asked

Can it blend nuts enough to make nut cheeses and sauces?

Hi Brittany M,
Thank you for your question. The PB8080 can chop nuts finely enough for nut cheeses and sauces. Best to ensure blending a small amount at a time. We invite you to visit our website www.sunbeam.com.au to view the features of the PB8080.

Olivia

Oliviaasked

Why can’t I get the jug to fit on the base properly?
The warning light is flashing.
Have had it 2 days. Used twice.
The first time we used it, the contents exploded out of it, we found that underneath the base of jug was not “locked in” properly, so must have come from factory like that. Very worried, as was not inexpensive.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Olivia, please call our Customer Care Team so they can go through all of this with you to ensure you get the most out of this Blender.

Sam

Samasked

Does it crush ice?

Jill08
Jill08

Haven't tried crushing ice but manual says it can deal with ice cubes.

Hi Sam,
Yes this is a powerful blender and will crush your ice for you!

Misschief

Misschiefasked

Cam any real users tell me how this works with ice cubes? With my last sunbeam blender, I had to smash the cubes before adding them to the blender.

jean

jeanasked

Is this made with anythin which has the same results as PBA eg I think PBS PBF?

Hi Jean,
The jug is BPA free and is constructed of Tritan
material which is impact resistant and
withstands cracking in the dishwasher for
hundreds of cycles. It is also heat, stain and
scratch resistant and is lightweight for easy
use. Hope this helpful

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives